User Tag List

First 12

I do everything I can to make them happy, I smile a lot around them, touch them more, try to be around them more, have lots of conversation (if I like them its probably interesting conversation)

If I'm genuinely interested in you I will simply just love to be with you, so chances are I'll be around a lot either online or offline

Might not seem obvious, but the INTP that usually doesn't open up to a lot of people it damn well is, most people always know when I like someone

If I only see you as a friend, the interesting conversation part still rings true and obviously I will still be there but the extras certainly wont be

My clumsy Fe seems to reer its head around someone I like, though some girls find inferior Fe to be cute

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I'd move in for the kill as soon as the opportunity presents. Not that I know what to do, I just push myself in their direction, with no plan. If I'd met more girls that I'd like, I'd probably get pretty good at it. Now that I think about it, I have a target atm...
    AtM? That's gross, dude.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I don't think my INTP was particularly trying to hide it, but it still took me awhile to figure out he was following me around like a lost puppy.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    AtM? That's gross, dude.
    Not for the one with the pole!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    AtM? That's gross, dude.
    At least it's safe, yeah? ATMs are too good for the homeless.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp
    Socionics
    ILI

OP: It's all in the eyes.

Try taking the reigns in steering the relationship where you want it to go, the INTP may actually be relieved that they don't have to deal with it. Don't grapple them like Ben Hur; Be sure to test the waters before jumping in.

Note: By being assertive in starting the relationship with an INTP, you are most likely accepting an unspoken agreement that you will be tasked with most of the emotional responsibility.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by atticus View Post
    OP: It's all in the eyes.
    That sounds right, at least for the ones who haven't yet stretched and developed confident social skills.

INTPs are observatory, introspective creatures.
    The eyes will give them away.
    Watch their eyes and see what they are watching.

I wouldn't be surprised also to see more nervousness around people an INTP likes, since there's something at stake and/or they'd want to hide their feelings in order to not be exposed.

I think things shift a bit, though, the more socially confident they get.
    There'll be a lot of listening if they don't know what to talk about, and insightful comments made about the content; or attempts to discuss a wide variety of deep impersonal topics, to try to "feel out" the person they like and see what they're made of and if something clicks.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

When INTPs like someone...
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

If I REALLY like someone...

I tend to become a blubbering idiot. I lose my poise and I honestly can't help it.

For me anyway.

Oh yeah, I blush a lot too.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w? sp/sx

Everything I say around them ends up sounding stupid (in my mind), because I become more subjective whilst having such "feelings". And I equate subjectiveness to stupidity.
    "A spill at the plant increased the phosphates in the lake and produced a scum of algae so thick that the swamp smell filled the air, infiltrating the genteel mansions. Debutantes cried over the misfortune of coming out in a season everyone would remember for its bad smell."