Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

INTPs dont make choices, they get chosen

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    INTPs dont make choices, they get chosen
    But the INTP still has to accept the chosing one.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp
    Socionics
    ILI

I was absolutely compelled to talk to this person, and as I got to know them, they turned out to be everything I wasn't. It was like two puzzle-pieces came together to make a blissful finished product.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by atticus View Post
    I was absolutely compelled to talk to this person, and as I got to know them, they turned out to be everything I wasn't. It was like two puzzle-pieces came together to make a blissful finished product.
    What type is the other puzzle piece?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I would like to say "Because he was filthy rich."

If someone out there could set me up so that I would be able to say that, I'd be very much obliged.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    What type is the other puzzle piece?
    ENFP. I didn't expect it either. I was all wrapped up in socionics and identical type relations at the time, and definitely didn't believe in that love-at-first-sight nonsense...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

ENFP. I didn't expect it either. I was all wrapped up in socionics and identical type relations at the time, and definitely didn't believe in that love-at-first-sight nonsense...
    It's not nonsense, sometimes you hit one out of the park.
    Glad it worked for you.

Everyone is so different. Some thrive in opposite pairings, others need people who are more similar in order for things to last.

More seriously, for me, what I've found is that I need someone who is smart, funny, laid-back, empathetic/sensitive, and independent. I'm still wavering on the "creative" thing, since one way I bond would be by sharing a creative vision with a mate; in any case, I admire people with self-vision and a purpose to their lives as well.

My part relationship was a mistake in many ways. Apparently my basic criteria as a teenager for a partner was "someone who likes me first and who believes the same things I do." That was not a great foundation for me to build a relationship on (especially when our beliefs diverged!), I was just too desperate and befuddled at the time to understand my legitimate needs and then pursue them. Instead I just tried to flex to whatever came my way.

I would recommend NOT doing the "flexy" thing into a relationship, and instead be more proactive in screening potential mates.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It's not nonsense, sometimes you hit one out of the park.
    Glad it worked for you.

Everyone is so different. Some thrive in opposite pairings, others need people who are more similar in order for things to last.
    It didn't, actually. It ended in one of the more horrendous ways I could possibly imagine. But, it was pretty awesome while it lasted.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh damn...that's sad. sorry to hear it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It didn't, actually. It ended in one of the more horrendous ways I could possibly imagine. ...
    Oh gee, talk about the "twist ending" I didn't know was coming. sorry... and sorry things ended badly as well.

It sounds like you at least took something away from it, though.

Personally, while I have a few ENFP friends, I also tend to get into arguments with other ENFPs I know. Not good. (It seems to depend on whether they are more N or more F.)