• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Are ENTJ's ever intimidated?

T

ThatGirl

you know what Thatgirl.

I'd seen an ENTJ was about to get run over by a truck going at a speed 150mph, and the truck was just stopped and crushed by the sheer power of an ENTJ hand. And the ENTJ only use one hand to stop and crush the truck.

True story, you better believe it.

?

Tikka

MBTI Type
INFJ
Funny that. A male ISTJ told me he remains calm, analytical and collected at all times, and that he never has stress or gets intimidated.

I asked him how he would do if he had to run a day care full of crying babies and toddlers for a day.

He cringed.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you know what Thatgirl.

I'd seen an ENTJ was about to get run over by a truck going at a speed 150mph, and the truck was just stopped and crushed by the sheer power of an ENTJ hand. And the ENTJ only use one hand to stop and crush the truck.

True story, you better believe it.

That was Iron man, and he was an ENTP wearing a suit ;)

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Iron Man was not an N. ESTP.

And to clarify the only reason I watched it was that I was stuck on a coach with communal television.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
@OP

Obviously not, the mere idea is preposterous! *I'm serious.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not sure if intimidated is the word, but you can beat them down like you would an aggressive dog, through simply having a solid argument, backed up by facts, which trumps theirs, and then shouting this argument at them, step by logical step, in a public meeting, in front of the whole organization.

They then resort to tert Se (tcda could you, out of all the people int he room, do x menial physical task, please?) or to be being ultra-friendly and establishing common background and values (Fi), prob in order to get me back at a later date (still pending).

still, it was a.) necessarry and b.) fun.
That's more humiliation than intimidation.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My oldest sister is ENTJ. I think her only fear is appearing weak because she does have a very strong sentimental streak. She has the personification of a lioness in my mind.

She makes me nuts sometimes--they must be the only type that despite the high level of irritation, you don't want to smack them.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How to understand Sarcasm and ambiguity for dummies by Cloud

buy it on amazon.

Stop your frustrated ENTJ-rants already. It's getting more and more boring with every topic.

Learn to handle your emotional shit or get the fuck out. Thank you.

Jaguar

Stop your frustrated ENTJ-rants already. It's getting more and more boring with every topic.

Learn to handle your emotional shit or get the fuck out. Thank you.

I saw your post on iSpy, Lit.
I said to myself, "Who the hell is he yelling at? Oh let me guess, I bet it's Cloud."

It is.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ass-kissing thread.

captain_obvious.jpg

Do you think they'll admit being intimidated?

According to ENTJs, ENTJs won't die even when they fall off a 300 story building.

Yes, I love to suck up to people I don't even know. Have you had numerous experiences where you've been pwned by ENTJ's? Is that why you fight them so hard? It reminds me of this video (you're the guy in white beginning at the 1:45 mark).

YouTube - (Fast Motion) [The Gladiator] - Final Battle Scene - Emperor vs. Maximus

proximo

The closest I see them come to being actually intimidated - at the time of the situation - is when they're wrong-footed by somone who simply does something so unexpected that they miss that split second chance to respond that you have, before any response you make is pointless cos you've "lost".

The one I used to live with would however, sometimes admit once removed from a situation, when looking over it and analysing it, that he was intimidated, or that he was *now* that he thought about what was at stake and what the odds were. He liked to think, and have other people think, that any opposition just spurred him on - ANY. But the reality was that there was often the odd few minutes where he'd secretly *gulp* just before shaking it off and getting down to business.

ENTJ's seem to me to be defined by courage. Courage isn't not feeling fear - that's just stupidity or obliviousness. It's when you don't allow your fear to control you.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
WHY DO PEOPLE HATE USSS?!?!?!!?!!?!? ><!~

With an ENTJ more than anyone else, I find it depends on the particular opinion they hold.

I love ENTJ's I agree with politically, and have become good friends.

The ones I disagree with I find overbearing and oblivious to the fact that I and the whole meeting/class just want them to stop relentlessly pressing home the same point in slightly different ways during hour-long monologues.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
WHY DO PEOPLE HATE USSS?!?!?!!?!!?!? ><!~

A lot of people don't like what they don't understand and I think a lot of S's don't understand N's. So, I think a lot of NT's (and NF's) fall into this category of not being understood or liked by the masses. But, I think the Te makes it worse for ENTJ's (Te is good in many respects, but not always in terms of being "liked") in that it can sometimes be seen by others as aggressive and domineering (and perhaps borderline arrogant).

Being an NT, I think in a similar way to ENTJ's, but I have the benefit of being able to slip into Ne mode and/or Fe mode. Also, since my T is introverted, I don't always show that "blunt" side of myself to others. If someone is talking to me and they say something lame or make a fool of themselves or if it becomes a debate or a decision has to be made, I can either (a) pull out the Ti weaponry (isn't always necessary), or (b) show the softer, more creative (Ne) or agreeable (Fe) sides.

Te and Se are "less willing to budge". They can be like a brick wall. Ne and Fe come off much more agreeable.

Illict91

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Mistaken

There is a specific example where I was intimidated by a situation and am sure many ENTJ's can relate to this.

I found people didn't respond very well to that outspoken style of critical, analytical thinking. For example, people felt the need to make cheap jokes or comments in unison whilst around me and keep ranting about behaviours of mine such as "talks too much" "rude" "annoying" "always has to be right" etc.
It went as far as having constant heated arguments with family, friends, teachers and work colleagues.

The thing that intimidated me about this was that I always assumed people were plotting against me (not paranoia!)
There was always the vicious cycle where I confronted people about their behaviours and it certainly did shut them up for a while, but I kept getting met with more resistance.

After a while, I realised what intimidated me about these situations was not that people had feelings of resentment towards me (I certainly don't give a damn) but that I could not find most people on the same level as me in terms of being upfront, direct and serious with others.

I matured to understand that individual reactions to my strong-willed behaviour are better left unspoken about. If people could not see I had genuine intentions, it was their problem, and later on down the track it certainly proved to be true as many people turned to me as a friend and apologised for their past misunderstanding and treatment of me.

As I read many of the post's, it can be suggested that most ENTJ's have control over their fears but the Feeling-oriented situations especially in regards to communication can cause uncertainty about others that is seen as deep-seated intimidation.

Tikka

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think ENTJs are intimidated by situations in which they *know* they'll have to be empathical with people they care deeply about. For example, if your dad died and your IxFx mom would be in shambles, and you just know rationally that the best way to help her with her grief would be to give her a hug, share her pain and show her some emotion.

Just an example. In a broader sense, I'm referring to a situation where the ENTJ just knows that empathy and sharing feelings is the rational key to handle the situation the best way possible. That's hard for an ENTJ, and I think they'd be pretty intimidated by such a situation.

Having said that, I'm often jealous at how ENTJs can just 'not give a damn rat's ass' about other people's feelings. Especially in business situations, that is often very useful.

All Supermans / Supermen have their kryptonite. You just have to know where to look.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think ENTJs are intimidated by situations in which they *know* they'll have to be empathical with people they care deeply about. For example, if your dad died and your IxFx mom would be in shambles, and you just know rationally that the best way to help her with her grief would be to give her a hug, share her pain and show her some emotion.

Just an example. In a broader sense, I'm referring to a situation where the ENTJ just knows that empathy and sharing feelings is the rational key to handle the situation the best way possible. That's hard for an ENTJ, and I think they'd be pretty intimidated by such a situation.
I can relate to what you're saying, though I am not sure the reaction it would inspire is exactly fear. I dread such situations myself, but associate them more with a feeling of frustration and helplessness. I want to help, I know what is needed, but I also know that my strengths and abilities are useless, and that my feeble attempts to exercise empathy and emotional support may do more harm than good. Fortunately, I have not often been placed in this position.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I wouldn't call this intimidation.
ENTJs can be intimidated, if by 'intimidation' we mean a fear from the opponent. It's a rare sight, and they immediately overcompensate - which doesn't mean it didn't happen. I think they're superb at quickly reacting and turning the feeling to their advantage though.

StrawMan

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't think I saw my ENTJ ex-girlfriend ever intimidated. Little bit shaken and stirred, maybe, after the mental ass-kicking that sometimes went both ways between us, but not really intimidated.

The same goes with all suspected ENTJ guys. No matter what happens they always seem to be in control.