User Tag List

First 1234 Last

ThatGirl

Sometimes, by large groups baning together against myself. Which tends to be a common theme as most people do not feel comfortable challenging me directly. I am good but there is strength in numbers and it throws me off UNTIL I have a chance to assess the entire dynamic.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Not sure if intimidated is the word, but you can beat them down like you would an aggressive dog, through simply having a solid argument, backed up by facts, which trumps theirs, and then shouting this argument at them, step by logical step, in a public meeting, in front of the whole organization.

They then resort to tert Se (tcda could you, out of all the people int he room, do x menial physical task, please?) or to be being ultra-friendly and establishing common background and values (Fi), prob in order to get me back at a later date (still pending).

still, it was a.) necessarry and b.) fun.
    Not necessarily, I am not opposed to a solid argument and will sooner change my tactic, then fight a losing battle.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I actually think ENTJs and ESTJs feel fear and threatened sooner and more often than other types. But they just act out against it, rather than become timid.

Like someone who has to carry around a gun at all times and sees potential perpetrators everywhere. Those are ExTJs.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Interesting. Not to change the subject, but since I've got all these ENTJ's gathered together, why is it that an ENTJ manager I knew would always bolt for the door as soon as there was any hint of an office birthday celebration or any kind of gathering that wasn't work related? As an INTP, I don't like those kinds of things myself, but I would begrudgingly participate 75% of the time. The ENTJ would literally vanish. Nowhere to be found.

a) Waste of time, it's not productive, you've got better things to do
    b) Lame "S" activity
    c) No opportunity to use Te
    d) You don't like cake
    e) All of the above
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Sounds to me like the INTJ response.

Regarding the OP, I have not seen ENTJs intimidated, but I have seen them fundamentally shaken, one by family tragedy/difficulty, the other by experiences serving in Iraq. We all have things that get to us, one way or another.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Interesting. Not to change the subject, but since I've got all these ENTJ's gathered together, why is it that an ENTJ manager I knew would always bolt for the door as soon as there was any hint of an office birthday celebration or any kind of gathering that wasn't work related? As an INTP, I don't like those kinds of things myself, but I would begrudgingly participate 75% of the time. The ENTJ would literally vanish. Nowhere to be found.

a) Waste of time, it's not productive, you've got better things to do
    b) Lame "S" activity
    c) No opportunity to use Te
    d) You don't like cake
    e) All of the above
    Hmm sounds way more like an INTJ thing but I guess I would say its either :
    a) They dont like the people involved and feel like nothing interesting or productive will be gained from it, and dont want to put in the effort feigning SF-like interest and follow social rules.
    b) They know you guys dont like them or that they wont fit in and they dont want to bother experiencing the massive awkwardness that will ensue

ass-kissing thread.

ENTJ's, do you ever feel intimidated by people or does that just not happen? If so, what are the characteristics of the person/people that have intimidated you? Someone who is clearly more knowledgeable than you in terms of the discussion at hand? Maybe someone who is able to expose a weakness of yours? Someone who can refute something you said? Anything?

Do you think they'll admit being intimidated?

According to ENTJs, ENTJs won't die even when they fall off a 300 story building.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    ass-kissing thread.

Do you think they'll admit being intimidated?

According to ENTJs, ENTJs won't die even when they fall off a 300 story building.
    ?

you know what Thatgirl.

I'd seen an ENTJ was about to get run over by a truck going at a speed 150mph, and the truck was just stopped and crushed by the sheer power of an ENTJ hand. And the ENTJ only use one hand to stop and crush the truck.

True story, you better believe it.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

ENTJ's, do you ever feel intimidated by people or does that just not happen? If so, what are the characteristics of the person/people that have intimidated you? Someone who is clearly more knowledgeable than you in terms of the discussion at hand? Maybe someone who is able to expose a weakness of yours? Someone who can refute something you said? Anything?
    Not ever intellectually, sometimes physically and mainly in terms of power, like can that person have me dismssed from my job, that kind of thing, although I tend to find there's only a few of those people are actually my intellectual superiors, some are more saavy, more politik, but that's it.

I get intimidated by tall women, especially those taller than me, I dont understand whether its a cultural thing or something buried deep in my unconscious.