• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP: What do you do for a living?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why should INTPs have all the fun?

I'm studying computer systems information, and I occasionally freelance as an English-Spanish translator, although I mostly just mooch off my dad. :D

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
business school, branched out to international business

Amphion

MBTI Type
ENTP
Fire Lieutenant / Paramedic, EMS educator, blogger, and medical device consultant.

Amphion

MBTI Type
ENTP
How well does that work out with the whole Ne dom thing?

It depends.

On the plus side, emergency scenes are dynamic and rapidly changing. It's important to accurately process incomplete information in a compressed amount of time, run it through a risk/benefit analysis, and formulate an action plan that realistic, achievable, and most importantly, flexible.

Ne/Ti seems to be a fairly good combination to make that happen.

On the negative side, the fire service is traditional and hierarchical and ENTPs are nothing if not non-conformists. This certainly causes some tension, since we're the most reluctant of all types to do things in a particular manner because "it's the way it's always been done."

Chief officers are not accustomed to firefighters (or low ranking officers) saying things like, "That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard in my life." So I've had to learn the art of subtlety and how to finesse things politically behind closed doors.

It also wasn't natural for me to want to lead or discipline people. However, there is a positive there, too. ENTPs do not tend to abuse power. Once we learn how to lead (mostly it's overcoming problems with organization), we can bring out the best in our subordinates, build high functioning teams, and accomplish goals that fundamentally change the way the system operates.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm out of work at the moment. I think I win so far for most stereotypical ENTP career. :)

proximo

Until recently I worked in a care home for severely autistic adults, as a care worker.

Before that I did all sorts of stuff, including private tuition (mostly languages, bit of English and science), translating, transcribing (writing that's v.messy or damaged paper, hard to read etc such as old manuscripts), research and bar work. I've also done handwriting analysis professionally, both for ordinary people who just "want to know" and for the police, historians etc.

I enjoyed the bar work and transcription most.

Now I'm full time homeschooling my kids. I'm personally teaching them all subjects of the curriculum plus others not covered at school (citizenship, life skills etc), which entails all the research, preparation, planning and marking of any teaching job. But for 11 subjects, up to British GCSE level, which I think is equivalent to round about high school diploma in the US. It's a good use of a polymath's skills, challenging and flexible, though not well paid... not paid at all in fact :)

But if I did it for someone else's kids, I'd get paid a fortune for it.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Studying business and management, and working as tech support on the side.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Student, not actually WORKING yet... not even part time, these college courses are rawr intense, so much homework not sure where I'll get time to get work too but then I don't know where I'll get money, which sucks ;_;

Oh well.

In any case, studying for 3D modeling course, with game animation specialization. Get all the stuff normal 3D modelers get but some extra stuff on level design, UI creation, and so on. Wewts!

If I can make it through to the end, it'll be totally worth it <3

For examples of recent work, my sig has a link =3

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
I'm a "human resources/finance/accounting/physical trainer/project manager" person who networks like a fiend.

S

sammy

I like Gamine's work the best so far.

I'm going into a masters program in the fall for public administration. Basically...business admin without the B. (MPA)

I'd rather be a river raft guide.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
embedded software guy

i stay at a job for part of the year then go back to school for the rest of the it. keep switching between jobs and school. i dread the time when ill graduate and wont have a legit excuse to quit a job

i want to be instructor-worthy in: sky diving, white water rafting, EMS, scuba diving, quantum physics

S

sammy

embedded software guy

i stay at a job for part of the year then go back to school for the rest of the it. keep switching between jobs and school. i dread the time when ill graduate and wont have a legit excuse to quit a job

i want to be instructor-worthy in: sky diving, white water rafting, EMS, scuba diving, quantum physics

ENTP correlation!