User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 25

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    13

    Default

    first year computer science student.

  2. #12
    Member Ozzy26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Student majoring in Business Administration; ideally to become a consultant.

  3. #13
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    My INTP drives a dedicated truck route. He works long hours and has a decent amount of dirt and heavy lifting, but he gets to spend most of the day alone and has almost no dealings with management. He likes it better than most of the jobs he's had in the past.
    I really, really wish I didn't suck at driving (envious). Getting paid to be alone with your thoughts for most of the day sounds awesome.

    Formerly a career student, currently unemployed burn-out on a road to nowhere.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Oeufa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    698

    Default

    I'm currently a student hoping to become an orchestral musician...

    INTP friend 1: Studying french and spanish. She isn't too sure of her career path but is considering translation.

    INTP friend 2: Studying computer games design, and wants to someday own her own computer games company/dolphin farm (don't ask )

    INTP friend 3: Studying to become an animator.

    We're all 18/19
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

    And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

  5. #15
    Member Tecla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    43

    Default

    I'm in the military, my job is a plane mechanic. I fucking hate the lifestyle and the job, it should work to my advantage in 3 years when I get out, assuming I don't get blown up.

  6. #16
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tecla View Post
    I'm in the military, my job is a plane mechanic. I fucking hate the lifestyle and the job, it should work to my advantage in 3 years when I get out, assuming I don't get blown up.
    Wow. I can't even imagine an INTP as a mech. What branch? I'll offer up three pieces of advice:

    1. Even though it may go against your nature - tuck some money away every month while you are in the military. Don't justify why you can't do it. Just do it. You'll be glad you did.
    2. If you plan to go to school using the G.I. Bill, try to go to school now - while you are still in - using Tuition Assistance. Then you will have more options/flexibility with the G.I. Bill once you get out: i.e., use it for your Master's, go to a community college that is cheap and use the G.I. Bill for a supplementary source of income, etc. For example, some states have community colleges on the cheap (very cheap), and you'll still get the full $1,500/month for 36 months (or whatever the current rate happens to be) - that's pocket money/rent money for 3 years right there.
    3. If you don't plan on staying in the military, then don't spend your time getting unnecessary qualifications. I'm not saying that you shouldn't give full effort on the job or that you shouldn't try to learn new things while in the military. But, don't spend 6 months studying for some qualification when you could spend that time going to school and further freeing up your G.I. Bill for when you get out. Those "quals" are for people who plan to stay in for 20+ years. The only reason I could see spending all that time on a qualification is if you just really want the knowledge or think you might use the certification in the civilian world. Studying for those things can eat up a lot of your time.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

  7. #17
    Member Tecla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Wow. I can't even imagine an INTP as a mech. What branch? I'll offer up three pieces of advice:

    1. Even though it may go against your nature - tuck some money away every month while you are in the military. Don't justify why you can't do it. Just do it. You'll be glad you did.
    2. If you plan to go to school using the G.I. Bill, try to go to school now - while you are still in - using Tuition Assistance. Then you will have more options/flexibility with the G.I. Bill once you get out: i.e., use it for your Master's, go to a community college that is cheap and use the G.I. Bill for a supplementary source of income, etc. For example, some states have community colleges on the cheap (very cheap), and you'll still get the full $1,500/month for 36 months (or whatever the current rate happens to be) - that's pocket money/rent money for 3 years right there.
    3. If you don't plan on staying in the military, then don't spend your time getting unnecessary qualifications. I'm not saying that you shouldn't give full effort on the job or that you shouldn't try to learn new things while in the military. But, don't spend 6 months studying for some qualification when you could spend that time going to school and further freeing up your G.I. Bill for when you get out.
    I'm in the Air Force. When I joined my head wasn't in the right place, I just wanted to change my life up immediately, so I took an open mechanical slot; I regret that now. Being a mechanic is a struggle for me, I have to constantly fight the day dreams and keep track of my tools, it's hard but doable.

    1. I've been trying to save up some, I do have a little tucked away, not as much as I would like. I will probably get more serious about it when my enlistment is coming to an end. I can be a good saver, if I'm in the right mindset.

    2. There's no reason I won't have at least an AA degree. With my previous college credits and the clep program(basically take the final exam, if you pass you get credit) I will only have to sit through 1 or 2 actual classes.

    3. I have no intention of staying in, I would leave tomorrow if given the choice. I feel like a shit bag saying this, but I give minimal effort into my job. I work hard enough to keep supervision off my ass, fortunately, that makes me miles ahead of a lot guys.

  8. #18
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tecla View Post
    I'm in the Air Force. When I joined my head wasn't in the right place, I just wanted to change my life up immediately, so I took an open mechanical slot; I regret that now. Being a mechanic is a struggle for me, I have to constantly fight the day dreams and keep track of my tools, it's hard but doable.

    1. I've been trying to save up some, I do have a little tucked away, not as much as I would like. I will probably get more serious about it when my enlistment is coming to an end. I can be a good saver, if I'm in the right mindset.

    2. There's no reason I won't have at least an AA degree. With my previous college credits and the clept program(basically take the final exam, if you pass you get credit) I will only have to sit through 1 or 2 actual classes.

    3. I have no intention of staying in, I would leave tomorrow if given the choice. I feel like a shit bag saying this, but I give minimal effort into my job. I work hard enough to keep supervision off my ass, fortunately, that makes me miles ahead of a lot guys.
    CLEP exams - yeah, that's one route to easy credits. And the only reason I say that I can't imagine an INTP as a mech is because the "mechanical" part of the ASVAB was one of the few areas where I sucked - I don't even think being a mech would have been an option for me because that part of my test was so bad. And just knowing myself, I wouldn't want any human being piloting a jet with an engine that I worked on. But, you're obviously better than I. Perhaps your N is low and you have more of an N/S balance? Anyways, good luck! I know it's a grind. Just keep your chin clean and one day you'll be able to call it an overall "good experience".
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    I.T. Technical support

  10. #20
    Member Tecla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    CLEP exams - yeah, that's one route to easy credits. And the only reason I say that I can't imagine an INTP as a mech is because the "mechanical" part of the ASVAB was one of the few areas where I sucked - I don't even think being a mech would have been an option for me because that part of my test was so bad. And just knowing myself, I wouldn't want any human being piloting a jet with an engine that I worked on. But, you're obviously better than I. Perhaps your N is low and you have more of an N/S balance? Anyways, good luck! I know it's a grind. Just keep your chin clean and one day you'll be able to call it an overall "good experience".
    My mechanical was about 65-70, but saying plane mechanic is a bit misleading. What I am is a Crew Chief, more of a jack of all trades, master of none. Or, as I put it, the bitch of the aircraft. Refuel, launch/recover, inspect, make sure forms are correct, all of the mundane tasks. If anything major breaks we call in a specialty shop to fix it. It's widely considered one of the worse jobs in the AF, at the entry level. If you put 10+ years into it and learn everyone's job then you're constantly TDY. I have no desire to reach that point. As for the N/S balance I cannot say, I still wonder about it myself.

    Thanks for the encouragement. Truthfully, if I could do all over, the only thing I would change is the job, not enlisting. Despite not liking it, I've gone through immense personal growth and learned more about myself in the last year than in the first 19 years of my life. It's an experience I'm glad to go through, but still want to be done with it.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] Female INTPs-What do they look like?
    By TopherRed in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 225
    Last Post: 03-04-2017, 12:48 PM
  2. What do we live or die FOR?
    By Cloudpatrol in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 09:34 PM
  3. [INTP] INTPs - what do you do for a living?
    By Oeufa in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-16-2011, 08:22 PM
  4. [INTP] INTPs: what do you do for a living?
    By G-Virus in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 06:51 PM
  5. What Are You Fighting For - Song
    By cosmicdancer in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2007, 05:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO