• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Satan is ENTP!

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Obviously it's impossible to seriously classify the typology of inanimate objects, but regardless, where do you derive your typology from? You seem to be thinking of Jungian typology in terms other than analytical tools.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rhinos and Satan are inanimate objects?
No, but I mentioned inanimate objects (non-seriously) in my reply to SolitaryWalker.

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
So that's why they have such hard skin... They're golems! :D anyway, I recommend that this thread stop dicussing rhinos, satan not being a rhinoceros and all... Then again, this thread was simply spawned out of a non-serious observation, so why not?

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think Milton's Satan is ExTP, but I don't know about actually.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I was wondering if that's why it's called playing Devil's Advocate...

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Certainly not the Satan from South Park... :doh:

Oh I know what Satan you're talking about- :devil:

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Plus, ENTP's are always getting in trouble with the authorities.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Officers we didn't mean to blow up your quarters, but the button was red and we wanted to measure the destructive power of the tools we used! Forgive :D?

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So many ENTPs using :devil: symbol. It can't be coincidence.

You probably saw too many of my posts... :devil: .....

..... :huh: :doh:

Though, to be fair, I was called Lucifer when I was a kid.

That'd be amusing if someone signed up for TypeC under "Satan" and introduced themselves in the newbie forum that way: "Satan is an ENTP"

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Al Pacino's devil is probably ENTP.... actually Estp now that I think about it.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I was wondering if that's why it's called playing Devil's Advocate...

You say we're playing the devil's advocate.

We say we're standing up for ourselves. :jesus:

(Seriously, am I the first person so far tacky enough to use the Hey-Seuss avatar??)

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Two perspectives are in play: One which demands satan's existence, and one which does not. From the existent perspective (Judeo-Christian) you can generally surmise that rebellion against The ultimate power that defines the rules for all existence is evidently an act of extreme evil. Barring the debate for the created owing their creator everything in a life-debtish manner. Then there's the fact that his insertion into the Garden of Eden and thus, the cause of the mortality and intrinsic imperfection of humanity would require misanthropy. In any event, a human would call a misanthropist, "Evil" in some way, shape, or form. As an addendum, any rebellion against Someone whom you owe ultimate allegiance to constitutes a similar crime as the aforementioned, yet another point.

From the non-existent perspective(Atheistic, Agnostic, some religion that is not Judaism or Christianity) you simply have an authority figure and a rebel. If you're using the description of satan within the texts that appear in both the biblical old testament and Talmud, (Which does NOT go hand-in-hand with demanding his existence. At this point, it's the analysis of a literary character.) Now for the arguments for the presence of satan's morality. 1, Katsuni's, "That God was a jerk, and banished him from paradise because he wouldn't kneel without reason." Actually, that doesn't cover all the source material. For one, the previous point that, "An ENTP[Satan] would look at that and demand a reason to worship, proof of awesomeness, and would take things very poorly if they were told to sit down and shut up." Doesn't fly due to the fact that satan's rebellion was based on a combination of arrogance, and envy. "I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High."-Lucifer, Isaiah 14:14. Given context, "make myself like" implies envy as opposed to rebellion based on a lack of proof given. Seeing as how envy requires acknowledgment of what the envied possesses, I don't currently see how that argument flies. Furthermore, if you're going to try to argue that there's more aside from the OT and Talmudic sources, then honestly speaking you're acknowledging the existence of Satan, and therefore God. At which point, you only have Judeo-Christian texts, thus creating a contradiction.

Also, Oberon, this topic doesn't demand Satan's existence. See: Typing of Anime and Video-Game characters.

True, I assumed the first case. If Satan were to exist, it would be for the purpose of being evil, which makes the discussion of "Satan is not evil, just misunderstood" fall apart. Satan is evil by definition (see your First Case posted above)--and if you define him otherwise, you are redefining what The Devil is. Maybe you could claim that Satan is the ultimate orchestrator of good in the world, and the ultimate role model. That would be simply reassigning the position of God at that point, and all that would be needed would be the switching of names/conventions from "Devil" to "God." Heaven would be described as an eternity of torment in a lake of fire, and Hell would be defined as an eternity spent sitting on clouds without any pressures except conversing with the Angels. Some may definitely more readily agree with those definitions of Heaven and Hell, so it's all possible...

Last edited:
R

Riva

It just occured to me that it is quite unlikely that Satan is a ENTP. ENTP Satan would be pretty satisfied being God's right hand man and simply pissing him off and manipulate him. It is highly unlikely that he would be bothered to make a place called hell and rule there. It is too bold. ENTPs are bold but they are not stupidly bold. Satan started a fight with God. The almighty God. It was bold. But it was stupidly bold.

Would an ENTP would do such a miscalculation?

And mind you manipulating the Christian, Islamic, Judaism God isn't that hard. Look how easily Abraham did it. (I am referring to the Gotham city incident.) The way Abraham tackled God was too easy and even laughable. And if Abraham could do it Satan definitely can.

Ps - Have to admire Abraham there.

Satan is not a ENTP!

Stol11

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I can see why Lucifer would be an ENTP. Although as a fictitious entity I won't worry about what he will do. The same for GOD, probably an ENTJ in the bible, with his desire to marshal and direct. He seems to have become rather introverted since the biblical ''records'' end, malevolently observing from the heavens.

R

Riva

I can see why Lucifer would be an ENTP. Although as a fictitious entity I won't worry about what he will do. The same for GOD, probably an ENTJ in the bible, with his desire to marshal and direct. He seems to have become rather introverted since the biblical ''records'' end, malevolently observing from the heavens.

Could you explain how you see it? Paint a picture for us? Like to hear it out.