User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Thread: Satan is ENTP!

MBTI
    ENTJ

Well I think Satan has been pretty well sketched out by most people. However I see him as ENTP or ESTJ depending on the interpretation. If you take it from the Bible that the devil is working for God rather than as an enemy of him, he is an ESTJ, following orders to the letter such as with JOB. If he is God's enemy then I believe he would be ENTP, he would have to have been clever enough to come up with a plan to rebel against God and he is clearly most effective at manipulation, as with his attempt on Jesus. He clearly was not effective at manipulating from the sidelines, being too independently motivated and impulsive he probably saw rebellion as the only alternative, and as has been suggested ENTP's find it easy to get into trouble.

What I say about God is that he is clearly not interested in peoples feelings and likes to have ultimate control. Of course the Bible is completely contradictory and my opinion of God's malevolence from some passages could easily be read as different by others.

The God of the Bible, particularly the old testament is definitely ENTJ, he is obsessed with fulfilling his goals and working hard to achieve them, as in creating the world. He regularly intervenes to delegate to others such as Moses and Abraham and you certainly wouldn't want to cross him, think about what he did to Jonah and the Great Fish or even the great flood. He clearly does not care for peoples feelings, happy to sanction mass murder because he considers it necessary for his project.

Modern God is far more introverted (I know as an entity he doesn’t exist), he no longer intervenes in Human affairs, happy to allow bad things to happen to good people, Events of which I'm sure are still working towards his ''great project''. He no longer wishes to dominate but instead is happy to create plans and schemes masterminded from heaven.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    It just occured to me that it is quite unlikely that Satan is a ENTP. ENTP Satan would be pretty satisfied being God's right hand man and simply pissing him off and manipulate him. It is highly unlikely that he would be bothered to make a place called hell and rule there. It is too bold. ENTPs are bold but they are not stupidly bold. Satan started a fight with God. The almighty God. It was bold. But it was stupidly bold.

Would an ENTP would do such a miscalculation?

And mind you manipulating the Christian, Islamic, Judaism God isn't that hard. Look how easily Abraham did it. (I am referring to the Gotham city incident.) The way Abraham tackled God was too easy and even laughable. And if Abraham could do it Satan definitely can.

Ps - Have to admire Abraham there.

Satan is not a ENTP!
    Satan was God's right-hand man for a while. And he did piss him off and manipulate him. As I recall, Hell came a long time later.

Take any organization with lots of diligent workers, a tyrannical president, and an ENTP vice-president. The ENTP will sooner or later tire of putting up with the bullshit and make a grab for power; they cannot abide incompetence, which is how they will perceive inconsistent leadership.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I think I'd say ENTP for Milton's Satan. Any takers?
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Reflection View Post
    I think I'd say ENTP for Milton's Satan. Any takers?
    All Satans are ENTP.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    All Satans are ENTP.
    I wouldn't say that. I'm pretty sure I read a couple who were ESTP, strangely enough.
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Reflection View Post
    I wouldn't say that. I'm pretty sure I read a couple who were ESTP, strangely enough.
    Only because the authors were sensors themselves.

MBTI
    INTP

But ENTP one that seems to be Ne but turns out to be Te and Ni, or one that seems Te and turns out to be Ne and Ti? Which 'ENTP' is it :o?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Only because the authors were sensors themselves.
    But shouldn't the authors then identify themselves with the heroes, as opposed to the villains? Or maybe it's that they turn Satan into themselves, only evil, in order to better understand who they are?

Milton's Satan always fascinated me. He is quite clearly evil, yet at times it seems almost as if Milton sympathizes with him.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

All Satans are ENTP.
    Hardly. Most Satans have been ENTJ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Satan was God's right-hand man for a while. And he did piss him off and manipulate him. As I recall, Hell came a long time later.

Take any organization with lots of diligent workers, a tyrannical president, and an ENTP vice-president. The ENTP will sooner or later tire of putting up with the bullshit and make a grab for power; they cannot abide incompetence, which is how they will perceive inconsistent leadership.
    According to some traditions, Satan was really cool with listening to God until he made people. God said that the angels should serve man but Satan said that men were inferior to him and refused to serve them.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn