User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

INTPness--

I agree with the spirit of the OP. There are too many ways to slice up perception-- liking process or spontaneity, a taste for the concrete or the abstract, a sharp focus versus a soft focus, comfort with stasis or dynamism, a preference for continuities versus discreteness, and so on.

Look at examples even in intellectual life.

Rousseau liked spontaneity, chance, and novelty, while Hegel liked process, necessity, and laws. Hume and Wittgenstein thought we could have no deep explanations for anything, while Schopenhauer and Locke always saw unseen forces at work. Carnap had a taste for clarity, sharpness, and precision, while James liked thresholds, indeterminacy, and blurs. Bradley looked at the world in eternal terms, while Bergson liked motion and transition. Dewey saw gradations and connections, while Moore looked at our universe and found divisions and units.

Who is more intuitive? One thing is certain: the MBTI, once we start reflecting upon it, is a very, very blunt instrument. It is pop psychology, not to be taken too seriously.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    yes! Ne is hysterical fun!

... My old INTP friend was always funniest when drunk as he would turn into an ENTP.
    With Ne, which I've always known as "hypomania," the best thing you can do is knock back a hundred milligrams of amphetamine and then do a line of coke every 2 minutes until you think your body's made of light.

The fire that catches in your skull after that? You've never seen such godlike craziness.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Johnfloyd6675 View Post
    With Ne, which I've always known as "hypomania," the best thing you can do is knock back a hundred milligrams of amphetamine and then do a line of coke every 2 minutes until you think your body's made of light.

The fire that catches in your skull after that? You've never seen such godlike craziness.
    Maybe I don't have Ne afterall.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by JHBowden View Post
    INTPness--

I agree with the spirit of the OP. There are too many ways to slice up perception-- liking process or spontaneity, a taste for the concrete or the abstract, a sharp focus versus a soft focus, comfort with stasis or dynamism, a preference for continuities versus discreteness, and so on.

Look at examples even in intellectual life.

Rousseau liked spontaneity, chance, and novelty, while Hegel liked process, necessity, and laws. Hume and Wittgenstein thought we could have no deep explanations for anything, while Schopenhauer and Locke always saw unseen forces at work. Carnap had a taste for clarity, sharpness, and precision, while James liked thresholds, indeterminacy, and blurs. Bradley looked at the world in eternal terms, while Bergson liked motion and transition. Dewey saw gradations and connections, while Moore looked at our universe and found divisions and units.

Who is more intuitive? One thing is certain: the MBTI, once we start reflecting upon it, is a very, very blunt instrument. It is pop psychology, not to be taken too seriously.
    That's one of the most neutral (or perhaps even positive) explanations that I've seen an NJ make describing (almost supporting) the NP way of viewing the world. Well done, my friend, well done. Can I buy you a drink?

An NJ actually gets the NP way of thinking and doesn't proceed to bash it.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Quote Originally Posted by Johnfloyd6675 View Post

This reminds me of that post "whatever" made awhile back about doing LSD in college and crying for three hours in the corner because she thought she was a hologram.

Nah, my Ne is floaty and drifty, but I have seen far too much drug abuse in others to ever even try pot myself. I'd prefer to float in my natural sea of Ne....

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

INTPness, I saw myself more as highlighting that we lose a lot of information by putting people into one of two large boxes, or even sixteen boxes. It isn't even clear what the official NP or NJ view really is.

I still win the beverage though, right?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by JHBowden View Post
    INTPness, I saw myself more as highlighting that we lose a lot of information by putting people into one of two large boxes, or even sixteen boxes. It isn't even clear what the official NP or NJ view really is.

I still win the beverage though, right?
    Yeah, I knew what you were saying. I just liked that you showed appreciation for all the varying views of the people you listed, rather than just your view - or the views of people who are like you.

We're all different and we can all add value. It was refreshing to see that you recognized that.

As for the drink -------------> (best I can do for you at the moment)