User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 37

  1. #11
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Being "out there" (relative to sensors) is the reason why she has problems fitting into the world. I think all Ne users identify with this on some level. Some more than others, obviously. Sounds like she is one that really struggles with it.
    Well it's not just "fitting in" she actually fits in pretty well, she is interesting and kind. It's figuring what to do with her life, actually doing anything with it, getting a job, doing something productive. She did graduate from college and has many qualities that I think are sellable. She told me she always feels way behind her peers, like everyone else knows what to do and she has to catch up later. Maybe she has other issues I don't know about but its an interesting study in "N that is too high."

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    I tend to get "if this was different" from N types. Like a warning or something.
    Im out, its been fun

  3. #13
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post

    Then I realized that INTJ's and INFJ's also have intuition as their primary function (but it's Ni, not Ne) and sensing as their inferior. But, they seem fairly practical in comparison to myself - meaning that sensors don't see them as being as "loopy" or "out of touch" as they see the Ne types.

    Well there is one trick. We are usually the most calm people around so it is not really obvious how much we are out of touch with reality. Also J helps in covering up the mess in our heads. But beneath the skin we are very similar to Ne-doms. That is why Ne and Ni are considered to be a good romantic match in the first place. A number of people thought that I just a little bit weird when they meet me but only when they saw some of my traits they actually realized with who they are dealing with.


    I often cross the road then it is red light on. Which is because I don't watch around me most of the time. Also I am almost completly incapable of doing anything practical unless it trully simple. I can walk and walk without noticing and remembering anything. I mean I pass 10 blocks in a state of daydreaming.


    I don't mind wearing one orange and one black sock.
    For the most part I don't enjoy in eating food since for some reason I simply can't percive it in that way. So for lunch I can have tuna ,cookies, olives , popcorn, lettuce and a glass of milk. I mean sometimes I simply don't want to waste much time on this so simply grab what I have. Also I don't mix any of those since I have to finnish one grocery before I move to to the next one.
    Even if that means eating eggs or caned fish witout any bread.
    I mean I can do that but I have to do that willingly.



    Once I discovered that someone cut down a tree that you could see throughout my room's window when I was a kid so Asked my father what happened. He told to me that they removed it 2 years ago. You can kill me but I usually don't notice this kinds of things. Neither to I really try to be honest. Also once I wanted to hit one guy with a snowball directly to his head so I prepared an ambush. However the only person I actually hit was my literature teacher. (directly in the head)However since it was from an ambush I managed to run away without anyone seeing me.


    Many people said to me that watching me from affar how I behave can be quite comical. While I am not trying to be comical it is just that it turns out that way. So just because someone looks business-like from affar that does not mean that he/she is really like that.

  4. #14
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Well I've had some close ENTP friends. we worked really well together on the basis that they were slightly more imaginative and I was slightly more "grounded" and we could get into a loop of constructive work (them throwing up ideas me refining them). So I agree with much of what was said.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

  5. #15
    Senior Member proximo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    584

    Default

    I very much value action over speculation and "pie in the sky". My ideas might come out of left field. They might be unusual or crazy even. But the point is, I don't express a desire or intention unless i intend to make it real.

    In fact, I often use this in order to spur myself onto action. If I have an idea that I particularly want to realise, the best way to make sure I do is to tell someone I intend to do it. Then I have to do it.

    I think there's a difference between "just an idea" and "a plan". When I have a plan, it almost always comes to fruition in some way or another. I'm not an INTP. I'm not interested in just reading about things in books and saying "yes, that's interesting!"

    I want to make things happen, and do things for real. That's what I do.
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

  6. #16
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Well there is one trick. We are usually the most calm people around so it is not really obvious how much we are out of touch with reality. Also J helps in covering up the mess in our heads. But beneath the skin we are very similar to Ne-doms. That is why Ne and Ni are considered to be a good romantic match in the first place. A number of people thought that I just a little bit weird when they meet me but only when they saw some of my traits they actually realized with who they are dealing with.


    I often cross the road then it is red light on. Which is because I don't watch around me most of the time. Also I am almost completly incapable of doing anything practical unless it trully simple. I can walk and walk without noticing and remembering anything. I mean I pass 10 blocks in a state of daydreaming.


    I don't mind wearing one orange and one black sock.
    For the most part I don't enjoy in eating food since for some reason I simply can't percive it in that way. So for lunch I can have tuna ,cookies, olives , popcorn, lettuce and a glass of milk. I mean sometimes I simply don't want to waste much time on this so simply grab what I have. Also I don't mix any of those since I have to finnish one grocery before I move to to the next one.
    Even if that means eating eggs or caned fish witout any bread.
    I mean I can do that but I have to do that willingly.



    Once I discovered that someone cut down a tree that you could see throughout my room's window when I was a kid so Asked my father what happened. He told to me that they removed it 2 years ago. You can kill me but I usually don't notice this kinds of things. Neither to I really try to be honest. Also once I wanted to hit one guy with a snowball directly to his head so I prepared an ambush. However the only person I actually hit was my literature teacher. (directly in the head)However since it was from an ambush I managed to run away without anyone seeing me.


    Many people said to me that watching me from affar how I behave can be quite comical. While I am not trying to be comical it is just that it turns out that way. So just because someone looks business-like from affar that does not mean that he/she is really like that.
    That's a great explanation. I always thought that about INTJ's, but wasn't positive if they felt similar to Ne-doms on the inside. Most people just see the Te and think that they are smart and a little overly aggressive. My INTJ grandfather was an engineer. People kind of feared him at work. I'd go into work with him and hang out in the background sometimes. I could intuit that some of his co-workers respected him greatly, while others thought he was extremely smart, but a little strange. Before going to work, he would say things like, "It's time to go kick some ass. I'll see you in 9 hours." But, when he came home, he wasn't very good at practical things. It was a funny dichotomy.

    By the way, how do them olives taste with cookies?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

  7. #17
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Well there is one trick. We are usually the most calm people around so it is not really obvious how much we are out of touch with reality. Also J helps in covering up the mess in our heads. But beneath the skin we are very similar to Ne-doms. That is why Ne and Ni are considered to be a good romantic match in the first place. A number of people thought that I just a little bit weird when they meet me but only when they saw some of my traits they actually realized with who they are dealing with.


    I often cross the road then it is red light on. Which is because I don't watch around me most of the time. Also I am almost completly incapable of doing anything practical unless it trully simple. I can walk and walk without noticing and remembering anything. I mean I pass 10 blocks in a state of daydreaming.


    I don't mind wearing one orange and one black sock.
    For the most part I don't enjoy in eating food since for some reason I simply can't percive it in that way. So for lunch I can have tuna ,cookies, olives , popcorn, lettuce and a glass of milk. I mean sometimes I simply don't want to waste much time on this so simply grab what I have. Also I don't mix any of those since I have to finnish one grocery before I move to to the next one.
    Even if that means eating eggs or caned fish witout any bread.
    I mean I can do that but I have to do that willingly.



    Once I discovered that someone cut down a tree that you could see throughout my room's window when I was a kid so Asked my father what happened. He told to me that they removed it 2 years ago. You can kill me but I usually don't notice this kinds of things. Neither to I really try to be honest. Also once I wanted to hit one guy with a snowball directly to his head so I prepared an ambush. However the only person I actually hit was my literature teacher. (directly in the head)However since it was from an ambush I managed to run away without anyone seeing me.


    Many people said to me that watching me from affar how I behave can be quite comical. While I am not trying to be comical it is just that it turns out that way. So just because someone looks business-like from affar that does not mean that he/she is really like that.

    yep...that's hilarious. i suck at details too unless it's something creative i'm working on.

    but yeah...i don't know how many times i have been driving for who knows how long and then all of a sudden oh wtf....where am i? and i can't be bothered with the production of eating. it's great if it's going out with someone...or the occasional preparing something for someone...but...it's just such a production too many times a day every day...it bores me....i love to eat yummy stuff but....i'm totally lazy about it....and i could walk into the bathroom 100 times before noticing the mirror needed to be cleaned. i like my place clean...i really do but...it just takes me awhile before i notice stuff.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  8. #18
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    and i can't be bothered with the production of eating. it's great if it's going out with someone...or the occasional preparing something for someone...but...it's just such a production too many times a day every day...it bores me....i love to eat yummy stuff but....i'm totally lazy about it....
    Interesting you say this. I love food, but to spend an hour cooking, 10 minutes eating, and then 30 more minutes cleaning ( x 3 every day) is rough! The only time I like to cook is if it's going to produce enough food to last several days. Crock pots! Don't forget the plastic liner, then the amount of cleaning is almost zero.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

  9. #19
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurel View Post
    Well it's not just "fitting in" she actually fits in pretty well, she is interesting and kind. It's figuring what to do with her life, actually doing anything with it, getting a job, doing something productive. She did graduate from college and has many qualities that I think are sellable. She told me she always feels way behind her peers, like everyone else knows what to do and she has to catch up later. Maybe she has other issues I don't know about but its an interesting study in "N that is too high."
    From the perspective of the emo-neurotic-ESTJ like ENFP :

    This and even INTPness's earlier enfp sound like lots of NeFi, but maybe not a real well developed Te to help ground in the day to day details and follow through on plans.

    Theoretically if an Ne-dom has tons of Ne, but a poor judging functions, they live in the moment and never make a choice-thus seem very silly, spastic and flighty. Like me and the chicken thread or the silly young ENTPs here. It's fun.

    Combine with a bit of overdevelopment of the tert or poor development of both tert and aux-and they cant figure out which choice to make. They flip between the two judging functions. (I do this sometimes. I will pick the logical choice, but feel bad later as I realize it had a negative impact on another. As of late, I having been making more value based choices-but recognizing the negative impact they have in terms of productivity.)

    But most important I would argue-is the development of Si. Even with a crazy ass, hyperactive Ne-if you balance with Si, it gives you guidance about what has worked well in the past, what has not, and gives some context to the "Ne potentials". I may have a 1000 ideas, but I can pisk the 3 that have the most potential-or recognize if I am picking a poor choice. (but yeah not with emo. EMO FAIL.)

    For instance, my crazy entp tried to tell me I needed to purchase platinum rings as investments. Technically there may be logical validity in this plan-but in the context of my particular situation-it is not a good plan. I think this is where Si helps out some.

    I chatted with my entp about this-she and I both note it is easy to watch others and learn the XeSi rules. But to learn XiSi rules, you actually have to practice I think. ENTPs debate to learn how to deploy the Ti rules and build an Si library of contexts. I'd guess maybe enfps Fi connect and externalize their Fi judgments to accomplish the same goal. But yeah, just guesses and observations. i dunno.

  10. #20
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post


    By the way, how do them olives taste with cookies?


    I am sorry but I wasn't paying attantion to that. Especially since the goal was simply to put something in my stomach.

Similar Threads

  1. intuition vs sensing
    By Eastwood in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-25-2015, 04:17 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 11:23 AM
  3. The Weaknesses of iNtuitives seen through Sensing Eyes
    By Blackwater in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03-17-2011, 11:55 AM
  4. 'Ambiverts' - relative strength of primary and secondary function
    By annnie in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 07:41 PM
  5. [NT] NTJs: Does this description of NTJ vs. NTP miscommunication make sense to you?
    By simulatedworld in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 08:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO