• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] So I've Been Thinking Recently.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Does having a certain aspect of your type, let's say Sensing, influence another aspect of your personality type like whether you end up perferring Judging over Percieving. This is difficult for me to describe without an example. So here we go.

Does a Sensing aspect lead more too a Judging aspect rather a Percieving? I see this as being true as the person who is strong in Sensing prefers to make judgement with reality and would be more sure with making quick decisions as is the Judging function is known for doing. I suppose I'm asking if I could assume that this case is true, most of the time. And if not what experiences shape the Judging or Percieving functions if they are independent from the other aspects of the function.

(I apologize for the wording of this paragraph. I'll explain more if you need it. It's kind of late so I'm going with this for right now.)

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It is my understanding (and edu-macated "guess") that S's are just as likely to be P's as they are to be J's.

If your example were true, that would mean that there are more SJ's in the world than there are SP's and I haven't seen any literature that suggests that this is true, although I could be wrong. The numbers you see in various books are all over the board anyways, so who knows what is accurate. I've seen the following ranges of estimates:

E vs. I: 50/50 all the way to 80% E, 20% I.
S vs. N: 75% - 80% S.
T vs. F: Roughly 50/50
J vs. P: Roughly 50/50.

This would make INxx's the 4 most rare types and ESxx's the 4 most common types which, in my real world experience, seems to hold true. But, I do not think there are more SJ's than SP's.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

The only book I have actually read on this did say that SJ's did make up a great deal of the total population (of what I do not know... I'd say the United States). I think the title was "The Four Temperaments" this was a book based off of Kiersey's idea of Myer Briggs typology. I don't know if that is the best source or not, that was one of the base reasons why I began to think about this though.

I feel wary making a thread about this seeing as most don't believe that this typology has REAL scientific backing/proof. Thank you for your input!

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
F*ckn' with J's is a lot of fun! :devil:

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
If you look at the statistics on wikipedia it seems there are tendencies. Why are there only about 1-2% INTJs and INTPs but 12% or something are ISTJs? There's definitely some slanting.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
If you look at the statistics on wikipedia it seems there are tendencies. Why are there only about 1-2% INTJs and INTPs but 12% or something are ISTJs? There's definitely some slanting.

That's because there are WAY more S's than N's. Hence, WAY more ISTJ's than INTJ's/INTP's.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
The only thing I can think of is that SJs generally seem a lot more J than NJs because the N gives NJs a sort of less practical feel.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Which is weird because I thought theoretically all the lines were drawn on the mean. Shame there aren't that many Ns. We need more forward thinkers.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

We are more of an Applied society anyway. The N way of thinking isn't promoted as much as the S. I suppose that does lead to a more SJ and SP kind of society. Not saying that the N isn't wanted, or necessary, but usually when we go to school we learn how to apply it more than anything.