User Tag List

12 Last

ReflecTcelfeR

Default So I've Been Thinking Recently.

Does having a certain aspect of your type, let's say Sensing, influence another aspect of your personality type like whether you end up perferring Judging over Percieving. This is difficult for me to describe without an example. So here we go.

Does a Sensing aspect lead more too a Judging aspect rather a Percieving? I see this as being true as the person who is strong in Sensing prefers to make judgement with reality and would be more sure with making quick decisions as is the Judging function is known for doing. I suppose I'm asking if I could assume that this case is true, most of the time. And if not what experiences shape the Judging or Percieving functions if they are independent from the other aspects of the function.

(I apologize for the wording of this paragraph. I'll explain more if you need it. It's kind of late so I'm going with this for right now.)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

It is my understanding (and edu-macated "guess") that S's are just as likely to be P's as they are to be J's.

If your example were true, that would mean that there are more SJ's in the world than there are SP's and I haven't seen any literature that suggests that this is true, although I could be wrong. The numbers you see in various books are all over the board anyways, so who knows what is accurate. I've seen the following ranges of estimates:

E vs. I: 50/50 all the way to 80% E, 20% I.
    S vs. N: 75% - 80% S.
    T vs. F: Roughly 50/50
    J vs. P: Roughly 50/50.

This would make INxx's the 4 most rare types and ESxx's the 4 most common types which, in my real world experience, seems to hold true. But, I do not think there are more SJ's than SP's.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

ReflecTcelfeR

The only book I have actually read on this did say that SJ's did make up a great deal of the total population (of what I do not know... I'd say the United States). I think the title was "The Four Temperaments" this was a book based off of Kiersey's idea of Myer Briggs typology. I don't know if that is the best source or not, that was one of the base reasons why I began to think about this though.

I feel wary making a thread about this seeing as most don't believe that this typology has REAL scientific backing/proof. Thank you for your input!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

F*ckn' with J's is a lot of fun!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    F*ckn' with J's is a lot of fun!
    That's what they say about P's.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTJ

If you look at the statistics on wikipedia it seems there are tendencies. Why are there only about 1-2% INTJs and INTPs but 12% or something are ISTJs? There's definitely some slanting.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    If you look at the statistics on wikipedia it seems there are tendencies. Why are there only about 1-2% INTJs and INTPs but 12% or something are ISTJs? There's definitely some slanting.
    That's because there are WAY more S's than N's. Hence, WAY more ISTJ's than INTJ's/INTP's.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

The only thing I can think of is that SJs generally seem a lot more J than NJs because the N gives NJs a sort of less practical feel.

MBTI
    INTJ

Which is weird because I thought theoretically all the lines were drawn on the mean. Shame there aren't that many Ns. We need more forward thinkers.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    The only thing I can think of is that SJs generally seem a lot more J than NJs because the N gives NJs a sort of less practical feel.