• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Any NT's dating anyone?

brandie187

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hello, I am new to this site so I hope this question isn't asked a million times. Are you NT's dating anyone now? If so, what is the type that your dating? I am an enfp dating an intp. sometimes I think I cant handle an INTP because Im so sensitive, but then we say we are a good match for each other because our "T" and "F" complement each other. We always talk about ideal pairings. what do you guys think? Would you guys only like to date other NT's? We always talk about Bill Gates and his wife haha.
:moonwalk::spam2:
I just love these little picture thingys lol

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hello, I am new to this site so I hope this question isn't asked a million times. Are you NT's dating anyone now? If so, what is the type that your dating? I am an enfp dating an intp. sometimes I think I cant handle an INTP because Im so sensitive, but then we say we are a good match for each other because our "T" and "F" complement each other. We always talk about ideal pairings. what do you guys think? Would you guys only like to date other NT's? We always talk about Bill Gates and his wife haha.
:moonwalk::spam2:
I just love these little picture thingys lol

I know nothing about Gates' wife. Is she NT or NF?

Anyways, I take really well to ENFP's. The shared Ne makes for a pretty fun time. The last one I got involved with got on my nerves with her procrastination (extreme P). It made me feel like I was a J. E/I was an issue at times also.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
What do you like about being with an INTP and what things do you find difficult (besides what you already mentioned)?

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
I thought Gates' wife was some hardass computer science PhD.

brandie187

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yes, I believe that Bill Gates wife is NT, because the NT I'm dating says so lol.

Sometimes I get annoyed because I really want to talk about my feelings with him and he can't do that. He sometimes get annoyed with me because I can be naive, which is true. I also am very sentimental, which he is not. It is hard for me to feel important to him sometimes because I need those sentimental things. Also, he is very introverted and I am very extroverted so sometimes I really want to go out and he wants to stay home.

We have talked about it and we are trying to work out our differences. I have learned so much from him. From meeting him, I have realized that I can be so blind! I am trying to learn to be a little more "t" and he is trying to be a little more "f", which is hard for both of us, but we are learning. He just told me today that he likes to be a little "f" which is really nice to hear. I also like learning to be a little more "t".

Also, I am learning to let him be introverted and he is learning to be a little more extroverted. We live together because we met as roommates.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any NT's dating anyone?
Why, you looking?
33edfeaa.gif

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yes, I believe that Bill Gates wife is NT, because the NT I'm dating says so lol.

Sometimes I get annoyed because I really want to talk about my feelings with him and he can't do that. He sometimes get annoyed with me because I can be naive, which is true. I also am very sentimental, which he is not. It is hard for me to feel important to him sometimes because I need those sentimental things. Also, he is very introverted and I am very extroverted so sometimes I really want to go out and he wants to stay home.

We have talked about it and we are trying to work out our differences. I have learned so much from him. From meeting him, I have realized that I can be so blind! I am trying to learn to be a little more "t" and he is trying to be a little more "f", which is hard for both of us, but we are learning. He just told me today that he likes to be a little "f" which is really nice to hear. I also like learning to be a little more "t".

Also, I am learning to let him be introverted and he is learning to be a little more extroverted. We live together because we met as roommates.

I wish you guys nothing but the best!

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
I 'spose I'm dating someone right now. No idea what her type is.

I fell hard for an ENFP not too long ago. Look around this web-site; INTP's and ENFP's have some weird, uber-chemistry.

But MBTI is psychobabble. If you're concerned whether this guy will make a good long-term companion, I suggest you pay more attention to his values than his MBTI type. Any guy worth his salt will learn how to please his wife.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Good luck with your relationship. So he's an INT and your an ENFP. I think in a relatioinship with a strong I and strong E, it's good for each to influence each other into their passions, but not to be pushy with it. Also, I think that, particularly if he is INTJ, he should be able to commit himself to learning how to talk emotionally with you and be emotionally supportive. INTJs can be incredibly devoted.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I probably would shoot myself with an INTP.

Wait, I don't think that syntax is quite right.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I probably would shoot myself with an INTP.

Wait, I don't think that syntax is quite right.

haha, yes you would

and as far as I can tell, Ti/Fi results in arguments... constantly. Unless one member of the party prevents it.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Nope, no NT's date ever. We just go make out with robots which satisfy all biological needs via intravenous injection of hormones and jabbing a needle into the brain and poking at the pleasure center.

Yeah.

Anyway >.>

I has an INFJ I'm with at the moment, it does work mostly well, though it has been kinda dicey as of late. He's TOO emotional about some things and doesn't listen to reason well. Panics or gets pissed over nothing (I do too, but I've since learned to reel that back when it starts to risk a relationship, in large part due to him).

The idea of a mixed type relationship, is yeu supposedly want to be looking at things from the same mindset, but different perspectives. One compliments the other. If yeu have things too far out of whack, then the other will just irritate yeu to the core because yeu'll view them as being 'wrong' all the time.

Similarities hold relationships together, but differences also lend to that "yeu complete me" feeling where the other is able to cover for yeur shortcommings. I have my flaws, he has his, it all works out somehow in the end, we generally cover for each other nicely.

Two of the same personality, or very close ones, will often work short term, but will also often fall apart after awhile because they lack diversity. Part of a deep and meaningful relationship is having someone to lean on for support in the areas yeu're weak. Someone to talk to, to confide in, etc etc ad nausium. If yeu're too similar, yeu won't have that same level of support; whot breaks yeu down will break them down just as easily, making it hard for them to be there to support yeu, as an example.

It doesn't mean such similar type relationships are BAD, or that they NEVER work; that'd just be silly to think. But it does take more effort and usually requires more close inner-circle friends to keep things from falling apart.

Being too far apart is the same thing though; if yeu look at things TOTALLY differently, without any similarities at all, yeu're just going to end up hating them in most cases. I mean, I disagree with my BF on alot of stuff... for example his insistence that nintendo doesn't make screwed up control interfaces for their consoles simply for the sake of gimmick appeal. I would point out this nonsense has been going back to the days of that ridiculous power glove, or how the original NES came with a gun attachment for duck hunt... but anyway. That's a minor argument we've had for some time now XD The point is that yeu'll have differences of opinion now and then. That's fine. However, yeu also need to have things that yeu often see the same way... or at least see the same thing in a different light. If yeu go to see a movie together, yeu should both generally agree whether it was good or sucked (alright let's be reasonable here, romance films don't count, neither do action ones), yeu may have different ways of expressing such, or of seeing the value behind such, maybe there's different things that brought yeu towards that agreement, but there should be some agreement there (not necessarily, there's exceptions but it's an example, deal with it XD ) on the basic facts. Yeu may see it from a different perspective, but yeu hold the same basic values of whot are important to yeu.

If yeu have radically differing values, to the point that yeu can never agree on anything, then it probably won't work out very well long term.

In any case, types are just generic guidelines. They aren't the be-all end-all by any means. There's so many other factors in play... gender's a big one, aspirations, values, etc, these all heavily slant the end result. Check enneagram for an example of a personality test which measures something completely different from MBTI; a 4w3 entp is nowheres near the same as a 7w6 entp. Though they both are ENTP, their core reasoning behind why they do things is different, which can translate into a great many different ways. While some entp traits will generally tend to remain consistent, others will be inaccurate to large degree.

We're all unique and individuals, we're not just a billion copies of 16 different clone pre-sets. "Ideal pairings" are a generality at best due to this discrepency. Sure my INFJ suits me well most of the time, and is theoretically the 'best' pairing for an ENTP... but it doesn't mean that it's without its' hardships. We have in fact had some issues along the way, and it does get shaky from time to time. Currently things look good but they're not solid enough for me at the moment to say that nothing bad can go wrong from hereon out. Once again, the ideal pairing can be nice, but it doesn't always work as expected.

Yeur "ideal pairing" may end up actually being a psychotic stalker for all yeu know. Weird and creepy people exist (other than me, I meant in a bad light not my awesome cute happy creepyness >.> ), and they come in all shapes, sizes, and types. Don't get too hung up on "perfect pairing", or yeu'll end up rejecting someone whom yeu don't believe to be "perfect enough", who would've been just right had it not been for a preconceived notion, or it'll cause yeu to cling to others yeu really shouldn't.

Reason in all things. Even in relationships that're based off emotions. Yes, love is blind, but it doesn't mean yeu should let it walk off a cliff or into walls =3

Anyways, just ranting here now, so I'm done!

brandie187

MBTI Type
ENFP
Nope, no NT's date ever. We just go make out with robots which satisfy all biological needs via intravenous injection of hormones and jabbing a needle into the brain and poking at the pleasure center.

Yeah.

Anyway >.>

I has an INFJ I'm with at the moment, it does work mostly well, though it has been kinda dicey as of late. He's TOO emotional about some things and doesn't listen to reason well. Panics or gets pissed over nothing (I do too, but I've since learned to reel that back when it starts to risk a relationship, in large part due to him).

The idea of a mixed type relationship, is yeu supposedly want to be looking at things from the same mindset, but different perspectives. One compliments the other. If yeu have things too far out of whack, then the other will just irritate yeu to the core because yeu'll view them as being 'wrong' all the time.

Similarities hold relationships together, but differences also lend to that "yeu complete me" feeling where the other is able to cover for yeur shortcommings. I have my flaws, he has his, it all works out somehow in the end, we generally cover for each other nicely.

Two of the same personality, or very close ones, will often work short term, but will also often fall apart after awhile because they lack diversity. Part of a deep and meaningful relationship is having someone to lean on for support in the areas yeu're weak. Someone to talk to, to confide in, etc etc ad nausium. If yeu're too similar, yeu won't have that same level of support; whot breaks yeu down will break them down just as easily, making it hard for them to be there to support yeu, as an example.

It doesn't mean such similar type relationships are BAD, or that they NEVER work; that'd just be silly to think. But it does take more effort and usually requires more close inner-circle friends to keep things from falling apart.

Being too far apart is the same thing though; if yeu look at things TOTALLY differently, without any similarities at all, yeu're just going to end up hating them in most cases. I mean, I disagree with my BF on alot of stuff... for example his insistence that nintendo doesn't make screwed up control interfaces for their consoles simply for the sake of gimmick appeal. I would point out this nonsense has been going back to the days of that ridiculous power glove, or how the original NES came with a gun attachment for duck hunt... but anyway. That's a minor argument we've had for some time now XD The point is that yeu'll have differences of opinion now and then. That's fine. However, yeu also need to have things that yeu often see the same way... or at least see the same thing in a different light. If yeu go to see a movie together, yeu should both generally agree whether it was good or sucked (alright let's be reasonable here, romance films don't count, neither do action ones), yeu may have different ways of expressing such, or of seeing the value behind such, maybe there's different things that brought yeu towards that agreement, but there should be some agreement there (not necessarily, there's exceptions but it's an example, deal with it XD ) on the basic facts. Yeu may see it from a different perspective, but yeu hold the same basic values of whot are important to yeu.

If yeu have radically differing values, to the point that yeu can never agree on anything, then it probably won't work out very well long term.

In any case, types are just generic guidelines. They aren't the be-all end-all by any means. There's so many other factors in play... gender's a big one, aspirations, values, etc, these all heavily slant the end result. Check enneagram for an example of a personality test which measures something completely different from MBTI; a 4w3 entp is nowheres near the same as a 7w6 entp. Though they both are ENTP, their core reasoning behind why they do things is different, which can translate into a great many different ways. While some entp traits will generally tend to remain consistent, others will be inaccurate to large degree.

We're all unique and individuals, we're not just a billion copies of 16 different clone pre-sets. "Ideal pairings" are a generality at best due to this discrepency. Sure my INFJ suits me well most of the time, and is theoretically the 'best' pairing for an ENTP... but it doesn't mean that it's without its' hardships. We have in fact had some issues along the way, and it does get shaky from time to time. Currently things look good but they're not solid enough for me at the moment to say that nothing bad can go wrong from hereon out. Once again, the ideal pairing can be nice, but it doesn't always work as expected.

Yeur "ideal pairing" may end up actually being a psychotic stalker for all yeu know. Weird and creepy people exist (other than me, I meant in a bad light not my awesome cute happy creepyness >.> ), and they come in all shapes, sizes, and types. Don't get too hung up on "perfect pairing", or yeu'll end up rejecting someone whom yeu don't believe to be "perfect enough", who would've been just right had it not been for a preconceived notion, or it'll cause yeu to cling to others yeu really shouldn't.

Reason in all things. Even in relationships that're based off emotions. Yes, love is blind, but it doesn't mean yeu should let it walk off a cliff or into walls =3

Anyways, just ranting here now, so I'm done!

Thanks for all your insight! I agree totally with you. I think our two differences are good for both of us. We are learning a lot, and we are learning more and more that we are good together. I always also tell him that I don't believe that there is an Ideal Paring, because everyone is different in their own individual way. So, how long have you been with your INFJ? Do you learn a lot from him? Do you see you and him are good for each other?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I like my INTP a lot, but he is worth is salt, as Owl puts it.

brandie187

MBTI Type
ENFP
I 'spose I'm dating someone right now. No idea what her type is.

I fell hard for an ENFP not too long ago. Look around this web-site; INTP's and ENFP's have some weird, uber-chemistry.

But MBTI is psychobabble. If you're concerned whether this guy will make a good long-term companion, I suggest you pay more attention to his values than his MBTI type. Any guy worth his salt will learn how to please his wife.

I am just wondering, and I hope you don't get offended when I ask this. When I first read your response, I looked at your type because I was pretty surprised when you said MBTI is psychobabble, it said you were a ISTJ and now I see you are INTP. I wouldnt think an INTP would say that MBTI is psychobabble.

celesul

MBTI Type
ENTP
Eh, I doubt that thinking it's psychobabble is that dependent on type. (Particularly in this area of life) Sure, some types may be more compatible, but you don't need type to figure it out: you just talk to them. I see some value to MBTI (it helps me predict people's actions more accurately so I can avoid offending them as much) I wouldn't use it for more than clarifying certain things. When making decisions, remembering that I'm Ne is helpful. Sure, something might be a bit scary, but I'd regret passing up an opportunity and I get over unwarranted fears rather quickly.

As for dating: I'm pretty sure the guy I dated for a while is an INTJ. He was rather odd: a really great guy but drove me mad because I like spontaneity rather too much for him. A guy I think is awesome but lives way too far away is apparently INFJ but for a while he could only figure out that he was an N. I think I do find Te a bit too harsh for dating someone. I don't know. I don't focus that much on type except to clarify what I already know but cannot sort through effectively.

Lark

I'm not dating anyone, I wonder sometimes if its to do with m personality type and if its a common experience to my type. I dont tend to think soad I think it could be to do with being choosey.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not an NT obviously, but I've dated an INTP and 2 ENTPs (one of which is current). They were all smooth relationships, i.e., no fighting, disappointments, etc. The INTP probably wished I was more interested in the things he had an interest in, even though I was pretty much the only person that would listen to his tangents, I just didn't have a whole lot of input. The ENTPs probably wished I would share a little more enthusiasm when they were enthusiastic, but conjuring that much enthusiasm out of an ISTP is like trying to squeeze oil out of a rock. Other than that, they were pretty enjoyable.

I've never had a romantic interest in NTJs so can't comment much on that.