User Tag List

First 123

Thread: Asking for help

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Hmmm..I wouldn't know your reason for being reluctant to ask for help. It's only relatively recently that I've 'discovered' it's ok to need help (and again, that friends LIKE helping), but I am still sometimes reluctant because I automatically think I'll be imposing on the person, or am a nuisance or bother, or am causing the other person issues with their schedule/life and I don't want to complicate things for them by asking for their time.
    *nods* Same goes for me. It depends on how badly I needed help on something. If I can scrap by without bothering somebody... I'll muck at it myself. Only if I know they can do a good job... and I feel that they wouldn't mind it (enjoy doing it/could barter for my skills) would I actually ask.

Strangely enough the reverse case, I don't mind providing help to others at all... sometimes I ended up spending far too much time helping that I neglected my own work. But asking for help... no I very very rarely ever do that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Yup, you know what I'm talking about, Sub; I actually missed out on 90% of school field trips because giving her a permission slip to sign is like tossing it into a black hole. By grade 5, unless it was super important I'd toss the permission slip in the garbage and sit at school reading books and catching up on homework.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Yup, you know what I'm talking about, Sub; I actually missed out on 90% of school field trips because giving her a permission slip to sign is like tossing it into a black hole. By grade 5, unless it was super important I'd toss the permission slip in the garbage and sit at school reading books and catching up on homework.
    I just forged them

If I missed out on things it wasn't because of permission slips. It was because for my mom, no expense could come higher in priority than cigarettes. Not school trips, not lunch money, not school uniforms (compulsory)... nada.

I was inspired by this to write about my mom and her promise breaking, non-help giving ways, but for fear of it being considered a derailment and being smote down from on high, I posted it on my blog.

*shrug*
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Some of us who are not NTs also have issues requesting aid...
    My INFP sister has told me many times... she hates to ask for help.