User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: INTP Women

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Default INTP Women

Alright. So, there's not much of us out there, I think about 1% of the population from what I last read.

Being an INTP female is like going against the grain of what society (well, at least my parents), wanted me to be. I can't even count the times my dad asked me, "why can't you be a normal girl?" My mother, to this day, still sends me what she considers to be fashionable clothes, make-up, jewelry and other miscellaneous things she believes I don't have, but should use. I find it somewhat hard to relate to other females, and most of my friends tend to be guys.

The fact of the matter is I prefer books over shopping. I like my computer more than I like going out sometimes. I don't really care WHAT I wear as long as I'm covered up and comfortable. I have a bad habit of tripping/running into things. I'm not emotional because I don't understand why some girls get so emotional over things. I'm just not what people expect to see in a girl my age. Don't get me wrong though, I love being INTP, and I don't mind being a girl. It's just strange sometimes, when people try and change who I am to fit social norms.

So, other INTP females... how does it feel to be you? What things did you have to overcome in order for people to accept who you are? And non-INTPs... how do you feel when you first meet, then get to know us PINT girls?

(P.S. I apologize for any angst in this post... I'm just a tiny bit frustrated with people right now.)
    Nothing can become anything if you tilt your head and squint.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

My usual reaction: "OMFG I can actually talk to her!!!!!!!111111!!11!!!!1"

PS: I've found frustration with other people is a regular occurance in life...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Ever since I was young I haven't gotten along well with girls. 'Normal girls' as people would say. My parents never pushed me to be like everyone else though, they praised me for being different and accepting who I was at a young age. I remember my mother telling me she was surprised when I was in middle school or a little younger at how I didn't care about wearing all the cool clothes or doing my hair or going shopping all the time, (probably happy because she didn't have to spend much money on me) While most girls were begging their parents for designer clothes, I could have given less of a shit. I just wanted to read books and play video games.

I don't know, I've always liked that part about me. At times it made me feel different, but I started to take it as that I was better than them, so I guess that's how I got some self-confidence. Now that I'm older guys like to hang out with me more than other girls, and I take it as a compliment. Really, I just have a lot of guy friends because I like to do the same things they do. Sit around and do nothing or play video games and smoke weed. A lot of girls are crazy... I stay away from them. I only have one friend that's a girl and that I like.

MBTI
    ISTP

Do INTP girls like wearing dresses? The ones I know refuse to.
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

MBTI
    INTP

I can really relate to the OP. I'm the only daughter of my parents, with two brothers, so I always get the impression my mam's kind of disappointed that I'm not more girly. She often buys me fashionable clothes a few sizes too small, which is fairly irritating. I have a lot of female friends but they're all Ts, except for 1 or two mild Fs. I think ESFP types are lovely and fantastic but I just cannot relate to them at all. Funnily enough, many of my guy friends are NFs... I seem to collect them....
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

Senior Member ObliviousExistence's Avatar
    MBTI
    loco
    Enneagram
    5W4

INTP women? I thought that was just a myth, are you saying they really exist?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ObliviousExistence View Post
    INTP women? I thought that was just a myth, are you saying they really exist?
    I know three, so yes. They do
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I've never met an INTP woman (I've met ISTP women, but never an INTP). Are you guys spock-like? If I were to have an INTP girlfriend, would she say "you continue to perform adequately" after sex?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I've never met an INTP woman (I've met ISTP women, but never an INTP). Are you guys spock-like? If I were to have an INTP girlfriend, would she say "you continue to perform adequately" after sex?
    I don't know if I'd be able to stop laughing if a girl ever said that to me - especially with a straigh face.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    nah

she'd probably keep it to herself
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.