• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Women

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Also, I think I would have had a much more difficult time with this had I not had some amazing friends and teachers in high school who were just as bat-shit crazy as I was. One of those crazy teachers (an ENFJ) introduced me to MBTI, which made me realize there were others like me!

A good support system is important for INTPs. I myself have been blessed with some quirky, independent, loving people in my life: some teachers who care, a partner (now ex) who loved my "eccentric mind", supportive close friends who include a kick-ass INTJ. I am not wrong in their eyes.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I epic love them.

:wubbie:

A good support system is important for INTPs. I myself have been blessed with some quirky, independent, loving people in my life: some teachers who care, a partner (now ex) who loved my "eccentric mind", supportive close friends who include a kick-ass INTJ. I am not wrong in their eyes.

True that (esp. bolded part). :D

I don't strive to form/maintain lots of relationships, but those that I do keep are very dear to me, personally.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Hey OP, how old are you? Are you college bound? Go to a women's college, you'll love it! :laugh:

I know quite a few INTP women, they are mostly queer/gay. As most of my female friends and acquaintances are queer/gay/bi. I think my female social group outside of sexual orientation is a little 'out of the mainstream' so INTX women don't really seem strange, they seem to fit in pretty well and are pretty visible. There's not as much of the unicorn/oddball reaction.

There's some other threads on 'INTP Women' on the forum, you might find this one helpful:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-rationale/17735-questions-intp-women.html

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Yep yeu pretty much described ENTP females as well.

Females are generally assumed to be heavily extroverted (ENTP's are basically the most introverted of all the E's), and heavy on the SF side, with a healthy dose of J.

Essentially, people expect females to be sociable, (not really the definition of E but it's whot people think it means usually), to be far too emotional with no real reasoning (zomg math is hard WHAAAAA), and to do all the orderly stuff like cleaning the house and crap.

NTP's in general are not considered to be female traits as a whole. I/E divide isn't nearly as pronounced as it is for most of the other I/E splits in this case.

So at the very least, be happy that there's others out there besides just the INTP girls who have the same pre-destined assumptions placed upon them, and we don't match up any better XD

Cerridwen

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Do INTP girls like wearing dresses?

I neither like nor dislike them. I don't wear them a lot because it makes me feel strange, but I won't throw a fit if I have to put one on.

INTP women? I thought that was just a myth, are you saying they really exist?

I would hope they exist... but how can you prove existence, anyway? For all we know... this could all be a dream... how creepy...

Are you guys spock-like? If I were to have an INTP girlfriend, would she say "you continue to perform adequately" after sex?

I don't have pointy ears and I don't come from outer space!

As for sex, I wouldn't be able to take myself seriously if I said that, afterwards.

Hey OP, how old are you? Are you college bound?

I am 18, almost 19. Sadly, I'm already in college. It's been a bit of a let down so far, but I suppose come second semester sophomore year I'll be more interested.

I entertained the thought of going to a women's college, but decided against it. Cost-wise, they were too expensive for me. My grades and such were enough to pass and look decent, but not high enough to land any scholarships. Had to go to a public in-state university.

So, on a semi-related topic, I was lurking on another forum and someone mentioned that INTP women tend to develop Fe better than INTP men, due to society wanting them to be more emotional. I'm inclined to agree, but I haven't really met any other INTPs, so I wouldn't really know. Anyway, thoughts on this?

sculpting

I would like to say that i have been at type C and longed to meet an intp girl in real life as they seem pretty awesome.

Then I realized I shared an office with one for five years in grad school. We even talked about MBTI all day long. The past? I missed that one.

Anyways she WAS AWESOME. and so incredibly chill. She was 50, lived in a house with a fair number of cats and had a PhD in geophysics. We wer both bored as hell and I was slacking and depressed and she was slacking as she lost half her 401K and had to keep working. We wasted so much time fucking around, just chattin about animals and physics and kids. We had the "Tina you need to shut up now" rule in effect, given you cant stick an ENFP in an INTP's office without that sort of rule in place.

She was so cool. She had spent a chunk of money the year before and six months vacation following the rolling stones around the country on tour.

I miss her!

freedom geek

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
Well let me just say that I find myself attracted to INTP women, assuming they meet my non-type based requirements though INTJ women are also fine. Example: Kimiko Ross.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Hey OP, how old are you? Are you college bound? Go to a women's college, you'll love it! :laugh:

I know quite a few INTP women, they are mostly queer/gay. As most of my female friends and acquaintances are queer/gay/bi. I think my female social group outside of sexual orientation is a little 'out of the mainstream' so INTX women don't really seem strange, they seem to fit in pretty well and are pretty visible. There's not as much of the unicorn/oddball reaction.

There's some other threads on 'INTP Women' on the forum, you might find this one helpful:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-rationale/17735-questions-intp-women.html

This makes sense. I consider myself bi and get along with a lot of T females that are similarly "different."

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Alright. So, there's not much of us out there, I think about 1% of the population from what I last read.

Being an INTP female is like going against the grain of what society (well, at least my parents), wanted me to be. I can't even count the times my dad asked me, "why can't you be a normal girl?" My mother, to this day, still sends me what she considers to be fashionable clothes, make-up, jewelry and other miscellaneous things she believes I don't have, but should use. I find it somewhat hard to relate to other females, and most of my friends tend to be guys.

The fact of the matter is I prefer books over shopping. I like my computer more than I like going out sometimes. I don't really care WHAT I wear as long as I'm covered up and comfortable. I have a bad habit of tripping/running into things. I'm not emotional because I don't understand why some girls get so emotional over things. I'm just not what people expect to see in a girl my age. Don't get me wrong though, I love being INTP, and I don't mind being a girl. It's just strange sometimes, when people try and change who I am to fit social norms.

So, other INTP females... how does it feel to be you? What things did you have to overcome in order for people to accept who you are? And non-INTPs... how do you feel when you first meet, then get to know us PINT girls?

(P.S. I apologize for any angst in this post... I'm just a tiny bit frustrated with people right now.)

As a child, I found the experience painful. Neither one of my parents understood my "weirdness" and I was pretty much ostracized in school and the neighborhood. I have very mixed ancestry and my appearance is unusual (red hair, reddish-orange skin color--no, not like an oompaloompa, more like copper, freckles) and I got a lot of attention from it. My mother and aunts always wanted to play up my appearance. Godallmighty! It was so friggin' awful! I think the only person that was cool with me was my oldest sister (she in ENTJ) and she was quick to take up for me. I was never encouraged or praised for my explorations, observations, and curiosity. Especially since this didn't show up in the honor roll student/perfect child column.

It cuts deep.

I hear you on the books and shopping. My partner is ESFJ. When we got together, he always (and still does) wanted to do stuff for me or buy things. How about breaking me off by buying that hard-cover new installment of Kate Elliot, Sean Russell, or Jacqueline Carey instead of me waiting for the paper back? Well, that's not his idea of a nice, caring gift. He likes me wearing make-up. Me, what's the point? Okay, I do wear lipstick but that's only because I have two-toned lips! :D He has to drag me back in the house to tell me to iron my clothes.

My niece: "you act like a man emotionally." shrug.

My partner: "the anti-female". Oh, well.

My departed-mother: "not very motherly-like, are you?" I haven't formulated a reply to this one yet. And she's not here anymore to get one.

Unfortunately, I deal with it by shying away from meeting or socializing with people. They're not expecting the intellectual, non-emotional, person of color female and I hate the incredulous reactions that I get when I meet and talk with people. It's like they are desperately searching for the proper hole for my peg. FTS, why don't you just take me as I am? Nothing doing--surely she's got to fit in one of these preconceived notions I have!! I just need to look harder to find where to fit her...:steam:

It's a pain in the asshe. I almost think I would have been better off as a male (but I understand that their enjoyment of sex is lower than a woman's so maybe not a good trade).

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This makes sense. I consider myself bi and get along with a lot of T females that are similarly "different."

So am I. I always thought that if my 20+ partnership ended that I'd probably end up with a woman next. I'd be open to male or female.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, on a semi-related topic, I was lurking on another forum and someone mentioned that INTP women tend to develop Fe better than INTP men, due to society wanting them to be more emotional. I'm inclined to agree, but I haven't really met any other INTPs, so I wouldn't really know. Anyway, thoughts on this?

I think it's come up in other discussions, include the sort of dead (N)T Women's group here.

Yes, women naturally are socialized just because of how they're reared. You can fight it, but you still learn it even if you're rejecting it. In a sense, we've been exposed to the virus enough to have to develop antibodies. Men are not pushed as hard to learn that Fe stuff, nor is it as expected of them; they're less exposed.

I've found other NT women to have more of a social/personal sense (esp in private conversation) as opposed to the men, who stay more detached or focused on ideas and things. Maybe I want to say NT women seem more holistic.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So, other INTP females... how does it feel to be you? What things did you have to overcome in order for people to accept who you are?

It feels awesome to be me :D

....except, for when I cannot do something that I MUST be able to do because I am awesome and I want it and I have tried it and nothing is working!

That comes up every day, and it is not fun. It makes me feel like the universe is going to implode because I'm all worthless and stuff.

So, pretty much the only problems I have are with my own intellectual incompetence, or other people's problems with being able to act in a just manner toward me. People who do that aren't really focusing on what I am, they focus on their own various logical fallacies because they FEEL it is right and IT JUST MUST BE RIGHT BECAUSE THE OTHER WAY OF LOOKING AT STUFF IS EVIL. So then they impose these injustices on the universe, and part of the universe is me, and that is the point where it bugs me.

So it is more like, a few people do not accept my way of thinking and doing stuff. And I don't know what to do about those strange, sad humans, yet. lol

But back how I feel about myself... I am constantly pushing myself to new discoveries, new capacities, and new ways of being. I cannot stand being stagnant when there are soooooooooooo many things I am not capable of yet, so many things left to find out... but yet I am stagnant a lot because I am no good at moving forward. :doh:
I do not think my expectations are unreasonable, they just may seem like it because my talents seem low to start with, and this degree of obsession with excellence isn't often seen with someone who is so open with someone with such a blank slate to start out with. I am not really inferior, I am just one of the few people out there who is open about shortcomings, and that makes me look untalented but really I am awesome and it is others who show themselves as unrealistically perfect.....
(just in case you were wondering, I do think this is the insight to an INTP female mindset, not that of an INTJ female, lol. I am pretty sure I am not a J, so this stuff is relevant)

What was I saying again? Something about how it feels to be an INTP female?
Well, there's a little bit of rambling to show how a tiny bit of how it feels to be me ;)

pragmatic_skeptic8

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
So, I'm an ENTJ male and according to personality page info would be most compatibly matched with an INTP female. I think this could be true. Since you all here are (largely) INTP women, what do you think of this? Is this combination valid? Have you experienced it? How does it go?

And, more on a personal note- what INTP women in Beijing are out there?

Thanks

Unique

I know an INTP girl... she seems on par with me as far as INTP problems go

I mean it's not like INTP guys are like your "usual guy" either you know...

So I think it's just INTPs in general