• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Women

Cerridwen

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Alright. So, there's not much of us out there, I think about 1% of the population from what I last read.

Being an INTP female is like going against the grain of what society (well, at least my parents), wanted me to be. I can't even count the times my dad asked me, "why can't you be a normal girl?" My mother, to this day, still sends me what she considers to be fashionable clothes, make-up, jewelry and other miscellaneous things she believes I don't have, but should use. I find it somewhat hard to relate to other females, and most of my friends tend to be guys.

The fact of the matter is I prefer books over shopping. I like my computer more than I like going out sometimes. I don't really care WHAT I wear as long as I'm covered up and comfortable. I have a bad habit of tripping/running into things. I'm not emotional because I don't understand why some girls get so emotional over things. I'm just not what people expect to see in a girl my age. Don't get me wrong though, I love being INTP, and I don't mind being a girl. It's just strange sometimes, when people try and change who I am to fit social norms.

So, other INTP females... how does it feel to be you? What things did you have to overcome in order for people to accept who you are? And non-INTPs... how do you feel when you first meet, then get to know us PINT girls?

(P.S. I apologize for any angst in this post... I'm just a tiny bit frustrated with people right now.)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My usual reaction: "OMFG I can actually talk to her!!!!!!!111111!!11!!!!1"

PS: I've found frustration with other people is a regular occurance in life...

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
Ever since I was young I haven't gotten along well with girls. 'Normal girls' as people would say. My parents never pushed me to be like everyone else though, they praised me for being different and accepting who I was at a young age. I remember my mother telling me she was surprised when I was in middle school or a little younger at how I didn't care about wearing all the cool clothes or doing my hair or going shopping all the time, (probably happy because she didn't have to spend much money on me) While most girls were begging their parents for designer clothes, I could have given less of a shit. I just wanted to read books and play video games.

I don't know, I've always liked that part about me. At times it made me feel different, but I started to take it as that I was better than them, so I guess that's how I got some self-confidence. Now that I'm older guys like to hang out with me more than other girls, and I take it as a compliment. Really, I just have a lot of guy friends because I like to do the same things they do. Sit around and do nothing or play video games and smoke weed. A lot of girls are crazy... I stay away from them. I only have one friend that's a girl and that I like.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Do INTP girls like wearing dresses? The ones I know refuse to.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I can really relate to the OP. I'm the only daughter of my parents, with two brothers, so I always get the impression my mam's kind of disappointed that I'm not more girly. She often buys me fashionable clothes a few sizes too small, which is fairly irritating. I have a lot of female friends but they're all Ts, except for 1 or two mild Fs. I think ESFP types are lovely and fantastic but I just cannot relate to them at all. Funnily enough, many of my guy friends are NFs... I seem to collect them....

ObliviousExistence

MBTI Type
loco
Enneagram
5W4
INTP women? I thought that was just a myth, are you saying they really exist?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've never met an INTP woman (I've met ISTP women, but never an INTP). Are you guys spock-like? If I were to have an INTP girlfriend, would she say "you continue to perform adequately" after sex? :huh:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've never met an INTP woman (I've met ISTP women, but never an INTP). Are you guys spock-like? If I were to have an INTP girlfriend, would she say "you continue to perform adequately" after sex? :huh:

I don't know if I'd be able to stop laughing if a girl ever said that to me - especially with a straigh face. :rofl1:

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP

nah

she'd probably keep it to herself

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I like them... if I get to pick them. (Then again, people argue about my type all the time -- I'm a hodgepodge of T and F.) But I don't own that many. I have far many more t-shirts than dresses.

I don't like uncomfortable clothes, or clothes that get in my way too much, but I like clothes that exude "me" and who I think I am, an an identifier.

Basically, the toss up for me is usually between functionality/practicality vs self-expression/aesthetics. And age might have something to do with it; I might not have liked dresses when younger, but I'm older now.

I'm definitely all for being whoever and whatever we are, or doing what we think is sensible, regardless of what box society tries to put us in.

I don't know if I'd be able to stop laughing if a girl ever said that to me - especially with a straight face. :rofl1:

I'll have to remember that. :devil:

Honey, if you can actually talk after I'm done with you, I didn't do my job.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

I feel uncomfortable wearing them. Shirt and skinny jeans are my new uniform. I'm told I look nice in a dress, but I'm sceptical.

Aleksei said:
I've never met an INTP woman (I've met ISTP women, but never an INTP). Are you guys spock-like?

I've been told I'm "standoffish" to strangers and I actively sit away from people I don't know very well. If I interact with strangers, I'm polite and have an annoying habit of mirroring their mannerisms. But once you get to know me I become a goof. Ne makes us comedians.

If I were to have an INTP girlfriend, would she say "you continue to perform adequately" after sex?

Someone's complacent in their performance. ;) But I would probably fall asleep straight after. If I was really comfortable with you, your chest would become my pillow. Permission not required.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... If I interact with strangers, I'm polite and have an annoying habit of mirroring their mannerisms. But once you get to know me I become a goof. Ne makes us comedians.

Agreed. That is, like, verbatim how I interact with people.

(you don't get to see "goofy jenny" in person unless I know you or feel comfortable.)

There's typically at least two sorts, the more Ti-focused INTP and the one with more Ne or other traits mixed in, which softens up the "robotic" cliche.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP women are pretty awesome. ;) I know a few.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would probably fall asleep straight after. If I was really comfortable with you, your chest would become my pillow. Permission not required.

This I like. :D

Ethereal

MBTI Type
INTP
Agreed. That is, like, verbatim how I interact with people.

(you don't get to see "goofy jenny" in person unless I know you or feel comfortable.)

There's typically at least two sorts, the more Ti-focused INTP and the one with more Ne or other traits mixed in, which softens up the "robotic" cliche.

May not be a woman, but the goofy thing is something that definitely me. I see my self as a two-sided coin. The material is intellect, one side is stone-cold objective, the other is goofy.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INTP wimminz are teh shit! Breed more pls.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
So, other INTP females... how does it feel to be you? What things did you have to overcome in order for people to accept who you are?

1. First of all, self-acceptance (VERY hard. I oscillate between loving myself so damn much and doubting myself. Working this out with my counsellor).

2. Being with the people who respect and appreciate me. The saying, "Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind' may seem cliched, but true.

3. Letting go. Not everyone is fond of me like a hundred dollar bill. So what? Just do my thing.

And to the question what does it feel to be me .. hmm, I can't quite say. I have a million different sides. Different people get to see different sides. I would describe myself as having a bit of a masculine shell, and a feminine center ... but only those who really mean something to me gets to see the very soft side of me ;)

Mipp

MBTI Type
INTP
'Nother INTP lady here.

As a child, I really struggled because the other children clued in immediately that I was different, and it was like sharks scenting blood. As a teenager I was insecure because I didn't feel confident or attractive or feminine. As I've aged, I've become more comfortable with myself both as an INTP and as a woman, and I can confidently say that there's nothing I'd rather be than what I am.

I'm into comic books, knitting, rock operas, physics, and 19th century gothic literature. I study foreign languages in my spare time and goof off looking at funny videos on youtube. I've discovered my own appeal -- no, not every man is going to fall all over himself for an INTP girl, but there's quite a few who find us intriguing. I think most every boyfriend I've ever had has told me, "You're not like any other girl I've ever met!" Well, I'm probably like approximately 1% of all the girls out there, so no, you probably haven't met many like me. I'm a lazy, procrastinating, intellectual, passionate, atheist rebel, and that's pretty damn okay.

I refused to wear makeup for years, but I recently bought some and began wearing a little bit at work. I also enjoy wearing sundresses, and have slowly become interested in jewelry. I was about 9 before I could swim, and 22 before I could drive, so somethings I do in my own time.

lets eat pie

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w6
So, other INTP females... how does it feel to be you?

Normal. Other people are freaks. :newwink:

I wish I weren't so lazy though...

What things did you have to overcome in order for people to accept who you are?

It was difficult but not insurmountable. Ostracism was not something I was unfamiliar with while growing up, when among certain icky people, but most of the time I hung around with classmates I got along with. I mainly avoided cliques. If there was pressure on me to turn me into something I wasn't (someone 'normal,') I only gave a quick glance before deeming it boring and turning my focus onto something more interesting. I have had comments and things given to me suggesting that I be more normal, especially those telling me to be more 'like a girl than a boy' (my grandmother once remarked to my mother that I was born a boy but ran too fast and dropped my boy parts; but more out of affection than pressure to change me, really.)

Eventually I learned to not give a damn. Most of the time I find people are too busy worrying about their own image to really care much about mine, and that suits me just fine. Also, I think I would have had a much more difficult time with this had I not had some amazing friends and teachers in high school who were just as bat-shit crazy as I was. One of those crazy teachers (an ENFJ) introduced me to MBTI, which made me realize there were others like me!

I don't think I ever tried to make others accept me for who I am. That totally depends on their part. I've been told that I come across as arrogant, though I attribute that to the distance I put myself from people I don't know. I've also been told that I have a bitchface, which handily filters out people I probably wouldn't want to socialize with anyway (people who judge character by appearance alone.) My friends also comment that I look lost quite often (which I am, I won't hide it)