Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What's an ExTF?
    An Exxx?

MBTI
    INTP

I only wear dresses with pockets.. lol.

But Yes, I own several dresses but I only wear them for an occasion, never just because I felt like it on a sunny day.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What sort of evidence are you looking for?

I'm going mainly by the large shift in social policies, as well as the large influx of diversity beginning back in the 70's when Eastern cultural elements (along with Asian investors) really began to hit US shores and make a notable impact on the culture. There's also been a lot of immigration from various cultures so that minority populations are growing tremendously, bringing their cultural beliefs and approaches with them.

Also, you can examine the sort of changes in American music, clothing, decor/home, and whatever else that have been going on for a few decades, and the diversity of cable network channels and what sorts of shows are popular. N's still a minority, but you're really seeing a big increase in SFP style thinking -- textured experience, immersion in the moment, exploration, acceptance of diversity, not planning ahead but going day to day and being flexible, relaxed clothing styles / informality.

Compare that to the modernist structured regimented SJ culture of the 50's. That clash of the remnants of that culture with today's P-drifting culture is one of the reasons the old school complains about the "loss of moral/traditional values."

That's basically where I'm coming from here -- large obvious prolonged cultural trends.
    Hmmm. That makes a lot of sense sense. Not sure what kind of evidence I'm looking for but your examples are great. Is there anything documented that links the shifts to type? Some sort of study? I guess that's what I'm wondering about.

Some time ago, I saw statistics from a large consulting firm - 45% of the senior executives at this firm were SPs. It completely shocked me because my perception of the ranks of exeuctives in large companies are dominated by TJ and presumably those TJs would prefer relating with other TJs (?) as their consultants. Clinton NFP, Regan SP, Bush SP - all Ps... Jimmy was some sort of J and he didn't do very well.

I'm quite interested in the implications of this.What will happen?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

Quote Originally Posted by alovestorm View Post
    I only wear dresses with pockets.. lol.

But Yes, I own several dresses but I only wear them for an occasion, never just because I felt like it on a sunny day.
    damn straight. A dress with pockets makes me stupid excited. Romance! Adventure! Practicality!
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I want to meet an INTP woman. But they're invisible. I'll be at Uni next year though, so maybe.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Do INTP girls like wearing dresses? The ones I know refuse to.
    I wear dresses all of the time, but only so people think I have a clue how to be a "girl." That and it reduces the time it takes to get dressed by approximately 45 seconds each morning. One item, done.
    "Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand."

MBTI
    N>JI

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    I want to meet an INTP woman. But they're invisible.
    not exactly invisible

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    One item, done.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    I want to meet an INTP woman. But they're invisible.
    Yeah, us INTP women have special powers!
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    I wear dresses all of the time, but only so people think I have a clue how to be a "girl." That and it reduces the time it takes to get dressed by approximately 45 seconds each morning. One item, done.
    Dresses are good for that much... except then you do have to make sure the shoes match.

(Converse high-tops usually don't cut it... depending on the dress.)

I think the main thing is, I wear whatever I want to wear. If I want to wear a dress, I wear a dress. If I want to wear raggedy jeans and beat-up sandals, I wear raggedly jeans and beat-up sandals. I do what I feel like doing and what makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hilo
    damn straight. A dress with pockets makes me stupid excited. Romance! Adventure! Practicality!
    Pockets. Heh.

(And utility belts!)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    Alright. So, there's not much of us out there, I think about 1% of the population from what I last read.

Being an INTP female is like going against the grain of what society (well, at least my parents), wanted me to be. I can't even count the times my dad asked me, "why can't you be a normal girl?" My mother, to this day, still sends me what she considers to be fashionable clothes, make-up, jewelry and other miscellaneous things she believes I don't have, but should use. I find it somewhat hard to relate to other females, and most of my friends tend to be guys.

The above paragraph pretty much sums up how my mom is with me.....exactly how my mom is with me! I'm a fashion charity case. I LIKE t shirts and jeans.....I like no make up and not doing my hair......efficiency rules!

The fact of the matter is I prefer books over shopping. I like my computer more than I like going out sometimes. I don't really care WHAT I wear as long as I'm covered up and comfortable. I have a bad habit of tripping/running into things. I'm not emotional because I don't understand why some girls get so emotional over things. I'm just not what people expect to see in a girl my age. Don't get me wrong though, I love being INTP, and I don't mind being a girl. It's just strange sometimes, when people try and change who I am to fit social norms.

While not emotional, I do seem to have a sensitive ego, and take things very personally. i think the main 'emotion' I have is frustration.....I tend to use emotions to accomplish things socially, but am not sure that I genuinely 'feel' them in the traditional sense of the word. Or the way I process them is upside down, inside out and backwards compared to the rest of the population. I dunno. I certainly can relate to pressure to be different than I am. It feels constant and really wears on one when you are already self-critical and socially awkward/neurotic. My lack of emotion, I feel, really lets other's down and hurts their feelings - yet I can't 'fake' it. I just can't. That is more in close relationships - smoothing the rough edges as much as is INTPishly possible for social graces is entirely different.

So, other INTP females... how does it feel to be you? What things did you have to overcome in order for people to accept who you are? And non-INTPs... how do you feel when you first meet, then get to know us PINT girls?

I don't think many people really do accept who I am. People know 'of' me. I'm the weird one, the mascot. The one who doesn't dress attractively, and who dares to say things. Wicked sense of humor - but keep a lid on the really outrageous things that go through my brain....Some try to 'help' me, others try to change me, but the older I get the more I am realizing that I'm just the way I am - and am comfortable with it deep down in the dirt of my soul.

(P.S. I apologize for any angst in this post... I'm just a tiny bit frustrated with people right now.)
    I have also learned to appreciate angst - and accept it as a part of my daily life. No apologies necessary.