User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Thread: INTP Women

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    How INTPs would put up with this, I have no idea.
    We won't, as a rule.

I am constantly astounded by the things that most people will put up with...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    Being an INTP female is like going against the grain of what society (well, at least my parents), wanted me to be. I can't even count the times my dad asked me, "why can't you be a normal girl?" My mother, to this day, still sends me what she considers to be fashionable clothes, make-up, jewelry and other miscellaneous things she believes I don't have, but should use.
    oh yeah, me too. godamn J parents. ENTJ father ISFJ mother.
    ENTJ wanted me to dress more like a girl, so I gave him the run down of how "feminine" clothing is objectifyng and how such gender expectations are irrational and sickening. I haven't heard anything about it since.
    ISFJ is impervious to logic, unfortunatley. It's like oil and water. i've always felt she's tried to disencourage any strength and indepence i have because she wants me to be wimpy like her.

What things did you have to overcome in order for people to accept who you are?
    if you're confident enough you can get away with a lot, i think.
    although honestly, I'm not too sure what you mean here. Are you asking me what i had to do to appear more normal? like nuder my N and I? I did that in highschool but now i'm free of that place and am becoming more like my natural self. Are you asking what forces try to oppress my INTP manner? ESJs.

And non-INTPs... how do you feel when you first meet, then get to know us PINT girls?
    i think we tend to be bad with first impressions. I imagine we hurt peoples feelings in subtle ways that we're not aware of.

(P.S. I apologize for any angst in this post... I'm just a tiny bit frustrated with people right now.)
    it happens. as you can see there's plenty of other INTP females here for you to talk to.

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    many of my guy friends are NFs... I seem to collect them....
    me too. it's so easy, like fluff and velcro (they're the fluff, obviously). makes me feel like a kid in a candy store sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic_skeptic8 View Post
    So, I'm an ENTJ male and according to personality page info would be most compatibly matched with an INTP female. I think this could be true. Since you all here are (largely) INTP women, what do you think of this? Is this combination valid? Have you experienced it? How does it go?
    i can't see myself dating an ENTJ. they can drive me up the wall sometimes. What i figure from the ones i've known:-

The good stuff: The conversations; the shared love for knowledge, intellect, independant thought and competence; the similar twisted sense of humour; the appreciation for a need for autonomy and space; no drama because everything is sorted out rationally (they have debates rather than arguments); they can stand up to each other; no diplomacy or eggshell walking is required; a relationship that is playful, humours and intellectual; etc.

The bad stuff: power struggle (unstoppable force vs unmoveable object, type of thing). that being said, neither of us can argue with the other if they've got the superior logic.; little chemistry; the relationship is more like a business partnership; emotional problems in the relationship are never brought to the surface to be cured; massive competitiveness can overshadow the relationship; ENTJs guys (at least the ones i know) seem to want a giggle, flirty, fawning, flattering little thing that will hang off their arm and make them feel competent. obviously, INTPs will do the opposite (basically kick them in the balls); always critising the other's M.O.; misunderstanding; etc.

A frustrating pair, imo. The only EJs i can stand relationally are ENFJs. But, to each his/her own, of course. I think there are a few INTPs and ENTJs on the forum that like the pairing.
    Last edited by Ulaes; 09-28-2010 at 05:23 PM.

MBTI
    INTP

I agree with a lot of these posts. INTP women are more balanced than INTP men b/c we're challenged by societal expectations from an early age. I'd say the ideal American women (I live here in America) is an ESTF or an ENTF. We're SO different, and society doesn't mind telling us we should be different.

As far as the INTP-ENTJ pairing, I like it. I respect ENTJs a lot, which is pretty impt for me. I also think the chemistry (euphemism for sex) is good. I pretty much need someone I can throw down with, intellectually or physically, w/out worrying about hurting them, and the ENTJ is such a cocky ass that you never have to worry about it! Also, ENTJs control a lot of people, but INTPs are pretty dang hard to control. For the INTP women that don't like the INTP-ENTJ match, is there a better MB type that has worked for you? What do you think is another good pairing? I'd love to figure out who to date besides ENTJs!

My biggest complaint w/ my type is that I will know I'm procrastinating or getting perfectionistic about something that I just need to finish up, but I can't stop it while it's happening!!! Any INTPs have any tricks for how to get themselves out of a work-rut? I'm asking b/c not procrastinating at work is a constant challenge!

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by sharonrenee80 View Post
    I agree with a lot of these posts. INTP women are more balanced than INTP men b/c we're challenged by societal expectations from an early age. I'd say the ideal American women (I live here in America) is an ESTF or an ENTF.
    i think it's more ESF > ISF > EST > IST > ENF > INF > ENT > INT, although the important of F over E is debatable
    for society in general, ES > IS/EN > IN

MBTI
    N>JI

I think women are over-all oriented toward XSFJ in order to want and raise babies. We galvanize your old mammalian side to ensure you will love children and think childishly (better communication), with just enough intelligence to not kill your progeny. J also helps cleaning the house, changing diapers and being slavish. Most elementary school teachers are ESFJ.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I agree with a lot of these posts. INTP women are more balanced than INTP men b/c we're challenged by societal expectations from an early age. I'd say the ideal American women (I live here in America) is an ESTF or an ENTF. We're SO different, and society doesn't mind telling us we should be different.
    What's an ExTF?

I would say the American ideal is still an SFJ, although I think it is also slowly changing. (The entire culture has been shifting from SJ to SP.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

What's an ExTF?

I would say the American female ideal is still SFJ, although I think it has also slowly been changing. (The entire culture has been shifting from SJ to SP.) I think that can only be a boon to NT women, since an SP mentality is far more flexible with gender and relational roles.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    \
    I would say the American female ideal is still SFJ, although I think it has also slowly been changing. (The entire culture has been shifting from SJ to SP.) I think that can only be a boon to NT women, since an SP mentality is far more flexible with gender and relational roles.
    It's interesting you say this about the US culture shifting to SP because I've wondered about the same thing. I've seen it at work for example - in terms of people in positions of influence being SP. Do you have any evidence or further info on this?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    It's interesting you say this about the US culture shifting to SP because I've wondered about the same thing. I've seen it at work for example - in terms of people in positions of influence being SP. Do you have any evidence or further info on this?
    What sort of evidence are you looking for?

I'm going mainly by the large shift in social policies, as well as the large influx of diversity beginning back in the 70's when Eastern cultural elements (along with Asian investors) really began to hit US shores and make a notable impact on the culture. There's also been a lot of immigration from various cultures so that minority populations are growing tremendously, bringing their cultural beliefs and approaches with them.

Also, you can examine the sort of changes in American music, clothing, decor/home, and whatever else that have been going on for a few decades, and the diversity of cable network channels and what sorts of shows are popular. N's still a minority, but you're really seeing a big increase in SFP style thinking -- textured experience, immersion in the moment, exploration, acceptance of diversity, not planning ahead but going day to day and being flexible, relaxed clothing styles / informality.

Compare that to the modernist structured regimented SJ culture of the 50's. That clash of the remnants of that culture with today's P-drifting culture is one of the reasons the old school complains about the "loss of moral/traditional values."

That's basically where I'm coming from here -- large obvious prolonged cultural trends.

MBTI
    N>JI

Alas, S is strongly correlated with extraverted judgment. In such a stressful environment, probabilities are against SFPs.