First 34567 Last

Thread: INTP Women

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by MiasmaResonance View Post
    INTP and INTJ females are equally as rare, I think.

Estimated Frequencies of Types - CAPT.org
    Maybe I've just missed them somehow, but I don't think I've ever met an INTJ female. I have a female friend who is INXP. I'm not 100% sure if she's a T or F (she isn't openly emotional and rather rational but sometimes I think her logic is very flawed and biased on how she feels) and I have met INTP girls before.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic_skeptic8 View Post
    So, I'm an ENTJ male and according to personality page info would be most compatibly matched with an INTP female. I think this could be true. Since you all here are (largely) INTP women, what do you think of this? Is this combination valid? Have you experienced it? How does it go?
    It depends on the person, obviously; but no, I haven't been with an ENTJ guy, and I don't typically bond easily with ENTJs. The J really clashes with my P and this would impact lots of areas of the relationship, as well as intellectual exchanges.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I have very mixed ancestry and my appearance is unusual (red hair, reddish-orange skin color--no, not like an oompaloompa, more like copper, freckles)
    Thank you for making me laugh today.

So, other INTP females... how does it feel to be you?
    It's pretty shitty, but I can't think of a type I'd rather be.

What things did you have to overcome in order for people to accept who you are?
    I like INTPs, esp INTP women - the more INTP, the better.
    I find other people tend to like me more than I like them, so I figure I'm not the one who needs to change.

INTP women tend to develop Fe better than INTP men
    , due to society wanting them to be more emotional... thoughts on this?
    There is a kind of circularity to your argument: in order to be susceptible to the pressure to develop Fe, one has to have Fe to start with...(since Fe effectively is that susceptibility). Also, you can't make someone "more emotional" by wanting/expecting it.

So, do women have a more F[e]-friendly brain to start with? Probably. Assuming functions are innate, and based on how many more female F-doms/auxs there are than male... Seems that testosterone fucks ups F development to a greater or lesser extent. (There is evidence to suggest that women's brains integrate emotional input better than men's do - which tend to be more specialized/compartmentalized.)

Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic_skeptic8 View Post
    So, I'm an ENTJ male and according to personality page info would be most compatibly matched with an INTP female. I think this could be true. Since you all here are (largely) INTP women, what do you think of this? Is this combination valid?
    In a word. No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

What I find more bizarre is the other suggestion of an ideal relationship type. ESTJ. Wouldn't most INTPs be hell annoyed by the ESTJs comparitive lack of intuitive imagination, strong drive and need for organisation and strong business sense? I think an ESTJ partner would drive me crazy, and I them. It's especially funny considering the friendship section says "INTPs are likely to have friends who share their interests and pursuits. Since the INTP loves theories, ideas, and concepts, they are not likely to have much patience or understanding for people with the Sensing preference, who are not usually comfortable with abstract conceptualizing."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by mrsherlockholmes View Post
    What I find more bizarre is the other suggestion of an ideal relationship type. ESTJ. Wouldn't most INTPs be hell annoyed by the ESTJs comparitive lack of intuitive imagination, strong drive and need for organisation and strong business sense? I think an ESTJ partner would drive me crazy, and I them. It's especially funny considering the friendship section says "INTPs are likely to have friends who share their interests and pursuits. Since the INTP loves theories, ideas, and concepts, they are not likely to have much patience or understanding for people with the Sensing preference, who are not usually comfortable with abstract conceptualizing."
    My main experience with an ESTJ guy occurred in an Amateur Press Association back in the 90's. He had been a founding member and acted for many years as Central Mailer (the guy who collates material and sends out issues on a scheduled basis), and he was very diligent in keeping on schedule and doing quite the professional job and was easily the most "responsible" member of the group.

However, he was also very busy and stressing because he was involved in different activities and demanded a high degree of precision/order from himself, so I took over for two years or so. Let us just say our general way of doing things was very different.

The funny thing was that we fought a lot in the early part of our relationship -- he didn't trust my competence (I was too fuzzy), and I thought he needed to get the stick telephone pole out of his ass -- but after we got into it a few times, he became very aware that I was structured in my own way, was responsible, and was professional, and I could respect his good qualities. I also appreciated the more practical and "tangible" logic he brought to things, which helped cut through the abstract nature of my own; sometimes practical order is helpful to just make sure a job gets done and meets certain criteria consistently.

No, I don't think I could handle an actual marriage partnership with someone like that -- their need for external order would leave me feeling I was in a cage, and the lack of regard and ease for seeing and embracing intangibles on their part would leave me feeling disconnected. But as friends or coworkers, I could appreciate it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Yeah, not saying it's impossible, but I certainly doubt they're our near ideal partners. I don't think that the system they use for working that out is very reliable.

MBTI
    INTP

INTP women don't seem to have a need or desire to be balanced out by a J. We're much more likely to feel boxed in by J-ness. I could see being with a mild J if he understood he wasn't going to change me.
    Something Witty

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Have to agree with Tallulah. The only J-types I've been able to get along with IRL are ENTJ and INTJ. I did have a guy I lived with that was ESTJ but he was a very nice ESTJ...I got tired of him shaking his head over me, though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    INTP women don't seem to have a need or desire to be balanced out by a J. We're much more likely to feel boxed in by J-ness. I could see being with a mild J if he understood he wasn't going to change me.
    I wonder why that is? When so many of the men end up with IXXJs...

I was fond of an ESTJ once. But he used to schedule our activities down to the nanosecond. It made me laugh and I liked teasing him about it at the time, but I think it would eventually drive me nuts.
    He was fantastic fun though, clever and funny and modest and good at everything. Very sexy.
    But I really hate being on the clock. Naturally, I take a reeeaaallly long time to do anything and everything. And even though he was very good- natured and patient, I just can't relax around Js in the way I can with Ps. I feel like I'm always being rushed or measured in some way. I imagine my heel-dragging is just as irritating to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    I wonder why that is? When so many of the men end up with IXXJs...

I was fond of an ESTJ once. But he used to schedule our activities down to the nanosecond. It made me laugh and I liked teasing him about it at the time, but I think it would eventually drive me nuts.
    He was fantastic fun though, clever and funny and modest and good at everything. Very sexy.
    But I really hate being on the clock. Naturally, I take a reeeaaallly long time to do anything and everything. And even though he was very good- natured and patient, I just can't relax around Js in the way I can with Ps. I feel like I'm always being rushed or measured in some way. I imagine my heel-dragging is just as irritating to them.

I think in some of those situations, the J woman ends up doing a lot of the practical stuff the INTP dude can't be bothered with. It doesn't seem to work that way in reverse. It's a pity straight INTP women can't have a nice wife to handle our affairs.

I agree about feeling like I'm on the clock. I was raised by Js and tend to want to reaaaaally take my time if someone's pressuring me to adhere to their schedule. I don't like feeling that way in a relationship.
    Something Witty