Thread: INTP Women

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    There are plenty of INTP females. It's INTJ females that are a myth.
    My friend is an INTJ female! ...And I am an INTP female.

Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w? sp/sx

INTP and INTJ females are equally as rare, I think.

Estimated Frequencies of Types - CAPT.org
    "A spill at the plant increased the phosphates in the lake and produced a scum of algae so thick that the swamp smell filled the air, infiltrating the genteel mansions. Debutantes cried over the misfortune of coming out in a season everyone would remember for its bad smell."

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Hey OP, how old are you? Are you college bound? Go to a women's college, you'll love it!

I know quite a few INTP women, they are mostly queer/gay. As most of my female friends and acquaintances are queer/gay/bi. I think my female social group outside of sexual orientation is a little 'out of the mainstream' so INTX women don't really seem strange, they seem to fit in pretty well and are pretty visible. There's not as much of the unicorn/oddball reaction.

There's some other threads on 'INTP Women' on the forum, you might find this one helpful:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ntp-women.html
    This makes sense. I consider myself bi and get along with a lot of T females that are similarly "different."
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    Alright. So, there's not much of us out there, I think about 1% of the population from what I last read.

Being an INTP female is like going against the grain of what society (well, at least my parents), wanted me to be. I can't even count the times my dad asked me, "why can't you be a normal girl?" My mother, to this day, still sends me what she considers to be fashionable clothes, make-up, jewelry and other miscellaneous things she believes I don't have, but should use. I find it somewhat hard to relate to other females, and most of my friends tend to be guys.

The fact of the matter is I prefer books over shopping. I like my computer more than I like going out sometimes. I don't really care WHAT I wear as long as I'm covered up and comfortable. I have a bad habit of tripping/running into things. I'm not emotional because I don't understand why some girls get so emotional over things. I'm just not what people expect to see in a girl my age. Don't get me wrong though, I love being INTP, and I don't mind being a girl. It's just strange sometimes, when people try and change who I am to fit social norms.

So, other INTP females... how does it feel to be you? What things did you have to overcome in order for people to accept who you are? And non-INTPs... how do you feel when you first meet, then get to know us PINT girls?

(P.S. I apologize for any angst in this post... I'm just a tiny bit frustrated with people right now.)
    As a child, I found the experience painful. Neither one of my parents understood my "weirdness" and I was pretty much ostracized in school and the neighborhood. I have very mixed ancestry and my appearance is unusual (red hair, reddish-orange skin color--no, not like an oompaloompa, more like copper, freckles) and I got a lot of attention from it. My mother and aunts always wanted to play up my appearance. Godallmighty! It was so friggin' awful! I think the only person that was cool with me was my oldest sister (she in ENTJ) and she was quick to take up for me. I was never encouraged or praised for my explorations, observations, and curiosity. Especially since this didn't show up in the honor roll student/perfect child column.

It cuts deep.

I hear you on the books and shopping. My partner is ESFJ. When we got together, he always (and still does) wanted to do stuff for me or buy things. How about breaking me off by buying that hard-cover new installment of Kate Elliot, Sean Russell, or Jacqueline Carey instead of me waiting for the paper back? Well, that's not his idea of a nice, caring gift. He likes me wearing make-up. Me, what's the point? Okay, I do wear lipstick but that's only because I have two-toned lips! He has to drag me back in the house to tell me to iron my clothes.

My niece: "you act like a man emotionally." shrug.

My partner: "the anti-female". Oh, well.

My departed-mother: "not very motherly-like, are you?" I haven't formulated a reply to this one yet. And she's not here anymore to get one.

Unfortunately, I deal with it by shying away from meeting or socializing with people. They're not expecting the intellectual, non-emotional, person of color female and I hate the incredulous reactions that I get when I meet and talk with people. It's like they are desperately searching for the proper hole for my peg. FTS, why don't you just take me as I am? Nothing doing--surely she's got to fit in one of these preconceived notions I have!! I just need to look harder to find where to fit her...:steam:

It's a pain in the asshe. I almost think I would have been better off as a male (but I understand that their enjoyment of sex is lower than a woman's so maybe not a good trade).

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    This makes sense. I consider myself bi and get along with a lot of T females that are similarly "different."

So am I. I always thought that if my 20+ partnership ended that I'd probably end up with a woman next. I'd be open to male or female.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

So, on a semi-related topic, I was lurking on another forum and someone mentioned that INTP women tend to develop Fe better than INTP men, due to society wanting them to be more emotional. I'm inclined to agree, but I haven't really met any other INTPs, so I wouldn't really know. Anyway, thoughts on this?
    I think it's come up in other discussions, include the sort of dead (N)T Women's group here.

Yes, women naturally are socialized just because of how they're reared. You can fight it, but you still learn it even if you're rejecting it. In a sense, we've been exposed to the virus enough to have to develop antibodies. Men are not pushed as hard to learn that Fe stuff, nor is it as expected of them; they're less exposed.

I've found other NT women to have more of a social/personal sense (esp in private conversation) as opposed to the men, who stay more detached or focused on ideas and things. Maybe I want to say NT women seem more holistic.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

So, other INTP females... how does it feel to be you? What things did you have to overcome in order for people to accept who you are?
    It feels awesome to be me

....except, for when I cannot do something that I MUST be able to do because I am awesome and I want it and I have tried it and nothing is working!

That comes up every day, and it is not fun. It makes me feel like the universe is going to implode because I'm all worthless and stuff.

So, pretty much the only problems I have are with my own intellectual incompetence, or other people's problems with being able to act in a just manner toward me. People who do that aren't really focusing on what I am, they focus on their own various logical fallacies because they FEEL it is right and IT JUST MUST BE RIGHT BECAUSE THE OTHER WAY OF LOOKING AT STUFF IS EVIL. So then they impose these injustices on the universe, and part of the universe is me, and that is the point where it bugs me.

So it is more like, a few people do not accept my way of thinking and doing stuff. And I don't know what to do about those strange, sad humans, yet. lol

But back how I feel about myself... I am constantly pushing myself to new discoveries, new capacities, and new ways of being. I cannot stand being stagnant when there are soooooooooooo many things I am not capable of yet, so many things left to find out... but yet I am stagnant a lot because I am no good at moving forward.
    I do not think my expectations are unreasonable, they just may seem like it because my talents seem low to start with, and this degree of obsession with excellence isn't often seen with someone who is so open with someone with such a blank slate to start out with. I am not really inferior, I am just one of the few people out there who is open about shortcomings, and that makes me look untalented but really I am awesome and it is others who show themselves as unrealistically perfect.....
    (just in case you were wondering, I do think this is the insight to an INTP female mindset, not that of an INTJ female, lol. I am pretty sure I am not a J, so this stuff is relevant)

What was I saying again? Something about how it feels to be an INTP female?
    Well, there's a little bit of rambling to show how a tiny bit of how it feels to be me

Junior Member pragmatic_skeptic8's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    ILI

So, I'm an ENTJ male and according to personality page info would be most compatibly matched with an INTP female. I think this could be true. Since you all here are (largely) INTP women, what do you think of this? Is this combination valid? Have you experienced it? How does it go?

And, more on a personal note- what INTP women in Beijing are out there?

Thanks

MBTI
    intP

Good luck with that, buddy.

I know an INTP girl... she seems on par with me as far as INTP problems go

I mean it's not like INTP guys are like your "usual guy" either you know...

So I think it's just INTPs in general