User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: INTP Women

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Also, I think I would have had a much more difficult time with this had I not had some amazing friends and teachers in high school who were just as bat-shit crazy as I was. One of those crazy teachers (an ENFJ) introduced me to MBTI, which made me realize there were others like me!
    A good support system is important for INTPs. I myself have been blessed with some quirky, independent, loving people in my life: some teachers who care, a partner (now ex) who loved my "eccentric mind", supportive close friends who include a kick-ass INTJ. I am not wrong in their eyes.

MBTI
    INTJ

I epic love them.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    I epic love them.

Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    A good support system is important for INTPs. I myself have been blessed with some quirky, independent, loving people in my life: some teachers who care, a partner (now ex) who loved my "eccentric mind", supportive close friends who include a kick-ass INTJ. I am not wrong in their eyes.
    True that (esp. bolded part).

I don't strive to form/maintain lots of relationships, but those that I do keep are very dear to me, personally.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    GONE

Hey OP, how old are you? Are you college bound? Go to a women's college, you'll love it!

I know quite a few INTP women, they are mostly queer/gay. As most of my female friends and acquaintances are queer/gay/bi. I think my female social group outside of sexual orientation is a little 'out of the mainstream' so INTX women don't really seem strange, they seem to fit in pretty well and are pretty visible. There's not as much of the unicorn/oddball reaction.

There's some other threads on 'INTP Women' on the forum, you might find this one helpful:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ntp-women.html
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Yep yeu pretty much described ENTP females as well.

Females are generally assumed to be heavily extroverted (ENTP's are basically the most introverted of all the E's), and heavy on the SF side, with a healthy dose of J.

Essentially, people expect females to be sociable, (not really the definition of E but it's whot people think it means usually), to be far too emotional with no real reasoning (zomg math is hard WHAAAAA), and to do all the orderly stuff like cleaning the house and crap.

NTP's in general are not considered to be female traits as a whole. I/E divide isn't nearly as pronounced as it is for most of the other I/E splits in this case.

So at the very least, be happy that there's others out there besides just the INTP girls who have the same pre-destined assumptions placed upon them, and we don't match up any better XD

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Do INTP girls like wearing dresses?
    I neither like nor dislike them. I don't wear them a lot because it makes me feel strange, but I won't throw a fit if I have to put one on.

Quote Originally Posted by ObliviousExistence View Post
    INTP women? I thought that was just a myth, are you saying they really exist?
    I would hope they exist... but how can you prove existence, anyway? For all we know... this could all be a dream... how creepy...

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Are you guys spock-like? If I were to have an INTP girlfriend, would she say "you continue to perform adequately" after sex?
    I don't have pointy ears and I don't come from outer space!

As for sex, I wouldn't be able to take myself seriously if I said that, afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Hey OP, how old are you? Are you college bound?
    I am 18, almost 19. Sadly, I'm already in college. It's been a bit of a let down so far, but I suppose come second semester sophomore year I'll be more interested.

I entertained the thought of going to a women's college, but decided against it. Cost-wise, they were too expensive for me. My grades and such were enough to pass and look decent, but not high enough to land any scholarships. Had to go to a public in-state university.

So, on a semi-related topic, I was lurking on another forum and someone mentioned that INTP women tend to develop Fe better than INTP men, due to society wanting them to be more emotional. I'm inclined to agree, but I haven't really met any other INTPs, so I wouldn't really know. Anyway, thoughts on this?
    Nothing can become anything if you tilt your head and squint.

I would like to say that i have been at type C and longed to meet an intp girl in real life as they seem pretty awesome.

Then I realized I shared an office with one for five years in grad school. We even talked about MBTI all day long. The past? I missed that one.

Anyways she WAS AWESOME. and so incredibly chill. She was 50, lived in a house with a fair number of cats and had a PhD in geophysics. We wer both bored as hell and I was slacking and depressed and she was slacking as she lost half her 401K and had to keep working. We wasted so much time fucking around, just chattin about animals and physics and kids. We had the "Tina you need to shut up now" rule in effect, given you cant stick an ENFP in an INTP's office without that sort of rule in place.

She was so cool. She had spent a chunk of money the year before and six months vacation following the rolling stones around the country on tour.

I miss her!

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram

Well let me just say that I find myself attracted to INTP women, assuming they meet my non-type based requirements though INTJ women are also fine. Example: Kimiko Ross.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by ObliviousExistence View Post
    INTP women? I thought that was just a myth, are you saying they really exist?
    it is a myth, haha trying to fool INTP with that crap doesn't work. I know INTP females don't exist.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by refreshe123d View Post
    it is a myth, haha trying to fool INTP with that crap doesn't work. I know INTP females don't exist.
    There are plenty of INTP females. It's INTJ females that are a myth.