• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] You know you're an ENTP when...

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
In what ways do normal descriptions of it suck?

They can be very good descriptions, but the trouble lies in the fact that it's not a leading function for ENTPs, so I barely register when it's being used. To the point that I'm never quite sure. From what I understand, it's not a bad idea to know about functions in last place, since they show themselves in weak forms. It's difficult to become skillful with something you can't quite pinpoint, and probably only shows up with you're stressed (when you aren't thinking so clearly to begin with).

I'd like a good explanation of how it manifests for those of us who aren't leading with it in some way. Did you find one?

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They can be very good descriptions, but the trouble lies in the fact that it's not a leading function for ENTPs, so I barely register when it's being used. To the point that I'm never quite sure. From what I understand, it's not a bad idea to know about functions in last place, since they show themselves in weak forms. It's difficult to become skillful with something you can't quite pinpoint, and probably only shows up with you're stressed (when you aren't thinking so clearly to begin with).

I'd like a good explanation of how it manifests for those of us who aren't leading with it in some way. Did you find one?
I see your point here, and no, I didn't find a good description.

I do see myself in descriptions of Si-inferior, though--the obsessions, the hypochondria, the depressions about how the future will always suck because the past always did, romanticizing history, the works. Kind of glad there's an explanation for what's "wrong" with me. XD

I kind of think of Si as being the "framework" for my Ne--the underlying data points that allow new ideas to spin off them. I notice it when I do new things--how something looks "just like that one time when ________". Clearly, the Ne and Si are working in tandem there.

That's not intended to be an explanation (since I am hard pressed to really describe it myself), but just an observation.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I see your point here, and no, I didn't find a good description.

I do see myself in descriptions of Si-inferior, though--the obsessions, the hypochondria, the depressions about how the future will always suck because the past always did, romanticizing history, the works. Kind of glad there's an explanation for what's "wrong" with me. XD

I kind of think of Si as being the "framework" for my Ne--the underlying data points that allow new ideas to spin off them. I notice it when I do new things--how something looks "just like that one time when ________". Clearly, the Ne and Si are working in tandem there.

That's not intended to be an explanation (since I am hard pressed to really describe it myself), but just an observation.

Hmm, no, it is different when it comes from an ENTP, I think. I could relate very much to the bolded. The health part not so much, but that's because it turned out that I was right. HA! Normally, I pretty much ignore my body and what it's saying. So, being down and paying attention saved my life that time.

Also, you phrased it well when you spoke of connecting that way. I do recognize that happening if you mean like Si being the container of 'histories' from which we draw to make the connections our Ne brings in?

Hmm.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm, no, it is different when it comes from an ENTP, I think. I could relate very much to the bolded. The health part not so much, but that's because it turned out that I was right. HA! Normally, I pretty much ignore my body and what it's saying. So, being down and paying attention saved my life that time.

Also, you phrased it well when you spoke of connecting that way. I do recognize that happening if you mean like Si being the container of 'histories' from which we draw to make the connections our Ne brings in?

Hmm.
No, that's right. Si is like our little box that we try to think outside of, but which we are still beholden to for reference.

Glad my take on it could help! (And, you're lucky if you don't get the hypochondria...IT'S ANNOYING).

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
No, that's right. Si is like our little box that we try to think outside of, but which we are still beholden to for reference.

Glad my take on it could help! (And, you're lucky if you don't get the hypochondria...IT'S ANNOYING).

You did help! I am actually shocked right now. I didn't expect to 'get' Si today, and now I get to analyze to my heart's content for a bit. Thanks.

I did get hypochondria. I just didn't know it was Si at the time because it turned out to be the best thing I could do health-wise since it turned out to be a true self-diagnosis. I'm kind of excited to watch for it now. Being that it's usually hard for me to tell when I'm stressed.

Thanks again.

phdenial

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
- When you learn how to play the accordion between writing chapters for a paper due the next day while helping someone else write theirs.
- When you offer the solution to a complex logistic problem 5 seconds after it was presented in a meeting, promptly ignored by all members, then 20 minutes later get a few knowing nods around the table when your solution emerges as the result of lengthy discussion. (Um. Yeah. I told you this twenty minutes ago.) I can never say that and have to be careful about giving my answer too quickly because people can get REALLY pissed.
-When you write a parody medieval ballad at 3 am while writing a paper about medieval ballads and submitting it along with your paper (A grade, natch).
- Humility. :p :happy2:

phdenial

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
When you have a genuine knack for manipulating people, hate yourself for being manipulative, but do it anyway.

Is it manipulation or influence? Is it hurting anyone? I struggle with that, too, sometimes, but other times I think that I'm just good at seeing opportunity. I think carefully (and have time to test strategies) and whether or not it is ethical before I employ. And other times I think that I'm still trying to get over my abusive INFJ ex who accused me of manipulation whenever I asked him to stop yelling at me for thinking things I never thought. :-/ Because I was trying to talk my way out of this imaginary slight.

yeghor

Is it manipulation or influence? Is it hurting anyone? I struggle with that, too, sometimes, but other times I think that I'm just good at seeing opportunity. I think carefully (and have time to test strategies) and whether or not it is ethical before I employ. And other times I think that I'm still trying to get over my abusive INFJ ex who accused me of manipulation whenever I asked him to stop yelling at me for thinking things I never thought. :-/ Because I was trying to talk my way out of this imaginary slight.

What did he do?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Your 45 not married and hopeful
you can be effortlessly good at things you've never done before
you love your friends to bits but never remember their birthdays
you never know it's a bank holiday unless it's Christmas or easter and that's only because it's in all the shops and everywhere
you get lost for several weeks in the internet

codeownage

MBTI Type
ENTP
You might be an ENTP when.......

-Your personality type gets you medicated with Adderall.
-Your medication enhances your ability to generate a bigger, better, more efficient project.
-You still find a way to get distracted and move on to a different project.
-Your new project is going to be even better than your last project.
-Your new bigger, better project is about to be seen through to the fruition of your efforts.
-Wait, I have a better idea... Let's start over!
-What was I about to do?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
When your awesome and cool :D and you are the best troll in the whole wide world.

PalebloodHunter

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You see your gf's twin and get so confused so you fuck her dad.

P.S - I'm just real drunk right now..

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Well... :D
1231.jpg

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My guess: You believe the ultimate goal is to debate everything during a lifetime.

StonedPhilosopher

MBTI Type
IDFC
When you brag about things you do/did as being a product of your Myers-Briggs type when there's actually barely any correlation.

Ivy Sparrow

MBTI Type
ENTP
You know you're an ENTP when:

You can convince people that you control the weather (I did that once:))
All the other kids like Batman, but you relate to the Joker on a personal level.
People either love you to pieces, or are secretly plotting your murder. There is no inbetween.
You love it when people insult you, coz "Hey! You asked for it!" *procceeds to tear the person down, word by word, until the victim is at your mercy*
Your marks varied from A pluses to Fs, depending on how interested you were.
Most of your teachers HATE you, not because you are troublesome af (which you are) but because you turn every class into a debate, and embarrass the teacher in front of the whole class by proving her wrong too many times to count.
You change your religion, political party, and way of life atleast twice a day.
You can be messing with people just for the lulz, but somehow you convince the victim that you are doing this for reaserch in the field of quantum personality inhabitment, which will change the ways we think in the near future.
And last but not least, you are trying to do everything on this thread, to make everyone agree, without a doubt about your ENTPness.

PS, while y'all are at it, can someone explain how grass really, truly, grows? I would look it up myself, but I have a genius prank idea to get to.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
When you brag about things you do/did as being a product of your Myers-Briggs type when there's actually barely any correlation.

I want you to read this sentence again, slowly, and check for logical consistency. :coffee:

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
when you are normally so accurate you can fool your ENFP friend into thinking you actually knew the date the telescope was invented... [MENTION=30122]Cat Brainz[/MENTION] :p