• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] You know you're an ENTP when...

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
- You are quite happy to admit that you are wrong, when you're wrong.

- However, you will insist to the bitter end that, despite your admission that you are wrong, you are in fact right.

- You do not see any incongruity between the two above statements.

- Or hypocrisy. You are not a hypocritical person.

proximo

- One of your biggest fears in life is having nothing and being totally fine with that.

Actually, it's my biggest ambition in life to have nothing, materially speaking. I'm not far from it now, actually :)

- You don't date to protect people from yourself.

Yeah... well, I get the feeling most people would feel "eaten alive" by me within minutes, and I wouldn't have even expressed one tenth of my personality yet.

- You can make a HUGE decision in 1/10th of a second but it takes you a month and 40 hours of research to make a little one.

Haha, I laughed at this one. I can do "I'm gonna move house" and be finished with it within the week. But "this campsite or this campsite for our vacation?" can take FOREVER to settle on!

You feel more alone when you're around people than you do when you're actually alone.

Hmm... I used to, but now it depends on the people. My family as in parents and siblings - yes, definitely. But not my kids, or my friends.

Everybody in the world thinks you're flirting with them.

Yeah... this one's weird. I don't even really understand what "flirting" is. I almost never recognise it when someone's flirting with me, and through all my life I can only think back to about 1 time when I deliberately was. And I was only doing it tongue in cheek - I had no serious intentions.

You leave a store and reach the end of the parking lot before you notice your car was 1,000 feet behind you.

Nah, I'm pretty good with that. Sense of direction and all that. In 20 years' time I'm going to be one of the last surviving people who have never used satnav...

You truly feel bad about how good you are at manipulating people.

I don't really think I am good at it. I just say what I honestly think, and it it "persuades" someone, it wasn't my aim usually... when it is my aim to persuade someone, I make it pretty obvious. I don't do hidden agendas.

You repeat yourself often cause you can't remember what you've said as opposed to what you've thought about saying.

Ha, yeah... that whole thing where you "do" something so thoroughly in your head that it's as if you've done it for real. I can get mixed up sometimes between which memories are memories of thoughts, and which are memories of things that actually happened in the world outside my head...

As for the financial/bill related stuff... don't relate to that at all. I have a completely spotless record since I left home at 15, of never paying a single bill even one day late, always paying them in full and on time.

O

Oberon

- You see the Star Trek movie for the first time and are disappointed the great Spock needs to learn to "value friendship" and, again, nobody else needs to learn to "value logic".

Dude...

When I was a kid, I mean an elementary school kid, I would watch re-runs of the original series on network TV after school. It was my absolute favorite TV show, and Spock was my hero. In fact, I made him a sort of personal model to follow. He was strong, unaffected by events or his surroundings, and he always had the answer.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I recently thought about more movie ones.

- Star Wars: light sabers? So the most modern weapon is a sword?! Is there nobody in that whole universe who thinks of combining that with old technology and create a ranged light weapon? And these spaceships are fighting at near light speed! I want to see relativistic effects! *whine*
*start inventing better universe, one with relativistic spaceships, light rifles and a Force which doesn't react on emotion*

- The Matrix: humans as an energy source? There goes suspension of disbelief. The One? A prophecy?? *start inventing better universe, one where conservation of energy is not violated*

- Harry Potter: seems cool, I'll forgive that it's easier to repair than to kill... a prophecy?
* start inventing better universe*

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Star Wars: light sabers? So the most modern weapon is a sword?! Is there nobody in that whole universe who thinks of combining that with old technology and create a ranged light weapon? And these spaceships are fighting at near light speed! I want to see relativistic effects! *whine*
*start inventing better universe, one with relativistic spaceships, light rifles and a Force which doesn't react on emotion*

Hellllllll no. You realize the blasters are just bolts of energy, probably/maybe the same sort of particles as a light saber, but a light saber is practical because it stays lit instead of simply dissipating. But it begs the question: if a lightsaber can deflect blaster fire, can blaster fire deflect other blaster fire? And say what about the force? Don't you realize the bad guys are the ones using their emotion and the Jedi believe in logical solutions to their problems? The goal is to not give into emotion because it can lead down a path of destruction. I think you've got this all wrong.

/nerdy rebuttal

P.S. Why the hell does anyone need a "ranged light weapon" when they can blow up fucking planets?!

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
P.S. Why the hell does anyone need a "ranged light weapon" when they can blow up fucking planets?!
Because I want to have a whole range of weapons so that my choice is not limited to "close combat" and "blow up the planet". See the Evil Overlord page: Stupid Plot Tricks

Okay, back to topic... we had already seven pages on-topic, that must be a record for ENTPs!

You are an ENTP when... you don't have problems with faster-than-light-speed travel, time travel, magic, flying dragons made out of lead or light sabres, but your suspense of disbelief is shattered when heat spontaneously goes from low to high temperature.

You are an ENTP when you think of a million examples of ENTP reaction to fiction, but decide to combine it all into one.

VitaB

MBTI Type
ENTP
You are an ENTP if when someone flips a coin and you say "tails" and it comes out heads you say: "Whatever, it's not heads or tails and it's both head and tails until I see it!"

You are an ENTP if when someone flips a coin and you say "tails" and it comes out tails you say: "I can see the future...MUAHAHAH!" and then thirty seconds later you say "actually, it's not heads or tails and it's both head and tails until I see it."

You are an ENTP when you realize that the coin actually has three sides (and this doesn't even include all the other dimensions), and it could also fall down spinning instead on one of the sides, and coins are really shiny, and the coin could buy you a gumball, and when the gumball falls through the machine thingy it reminds you of a rollercoaster, and life is just a big rolercoaster and some people are riding it, some people are waiting in line, some people are screaming... what if we made a rolercoaster that used magnets? or one that is totally underground? or a theme park that's just for dogs? "wiggle town"...

You are an ENTP when you can find the connection between superman, rubberbands, fingernails and Venus in less then 2 seconds. And all the rest of the connections in less than 10.

You are an ENTP when the only time you can stay on topic in a thread is when you are talking about patterns in yourself.

You are an ENTP when you realize that everything is fluid because everything is contextual.

You are an ENTP when you hear something for the first time and you know that you knew it all along.

You are an ENTP when shutting up is even harder than letting go. And letting go is really hard unless something more interesting came up, which happens all the time.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
-you're entertained by how much shit you can get yourself into. (That could be just me)
-have more enemies than you can count
-can convince anyone of anything, until you say 'oh, yeah I just made that entire story up, thought it would be funny'.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
-you're entertained by how much shit you can get yourself into. (That could be just me)
-have more enemies than you can count
-can convince anyone of anything, until you say 'oh, yeah I just made that entire story up, thought it would be funny'.

I think the first one isn't necessary you, but the second one definitely isn't me.

Cygnus

...you copy and paste 1 word, over and over and over again, to make a terabyte-long Word document.

Auxuris

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so
honestly i think its when we take things/statements that acknowledge our capability in that area as tribute to our success/intelligence

they may not be compliments - sometimes even annoyed complaints, but we get immense gratification knowing we succeeded the way we wanted to

typical reactions are not always shown, because we can effectively conceal it depending on the situation they're in and the people we're with
yes its not our natural instinct as generally if given a choice we'd grin widely and go YEAHH but sometimes the opposite is displayed due to social conditioning.

one thing we cannot hide however is our argumentative side, nor do we want to.
when we see something that needs discussion/has a flaw, hook or by crook we will voice it out to someone and get the ball rolling.
it can be as simple as "all pens should be click pens".

Or sometimes we don't really care - just in need of entertainment.
"You know, our cafeteria uses too many styrofoam boxes."

If a discussion doesn't start, we subtly prod someone to agree/disagree and then the whole point turns to convincing them otherwise.
After they're convinced, gradually switch sides again and see when they catch on.

i know, we're basically assholes c:

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL, one time I scored a free scholarship at a prominent university in Dubai by insistently demanding to see the school's president and then talking my way into it through charm and tactically sound arguments.

Is that ENTP enough?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
LOL, one time I scored a free scholarship at a prominent university in Dubai by insistently demanding to see the school's president and then talking my way into it through charm and tactically sound arguments.

Is that ENTP enough?

Not sure. Could you provide a sample of how this 'charming' and 'arguing' went? I mean, anyone can say they're charming and blah, blah, blah...

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Ah, story of my life. Darn that inferior Si.

Having a shit Si is something I'm pretty sure I could relate to if, just once, someone would explain it in such a way that it made sense.