User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 113

  1. #81
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    In what ways do normal descriptions of it suck?
    They can be very good descriptions, but the trouble lies in the fact that it's not a leading function for ENTPs, so I barely register when it's being used. To the point that I'm never quite sure. From what I understand, it's not a bad idea to know about functions in last place, since they show themselves in weak forms. It's difficult to become skillful with something you can't quite pinpoint, and probably only shows up with you're stressed (when you aren't thinking so clearly to begin with).

    I'd like a good explanation of how it manifests for those of us who aren't leading with it in some way. Did you find one?
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  2. #82
    Senior Member Sanjuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    They can be very good descriptions, but the trouble lies in the fact that it's not a leading function for ENTPs, so I barely register when it's being used. To the point that I'm never quite sure. From what I understand, it's not a bad idea to know about functions in last place, since they show themselves in weak forms. It's difficult to become skillful with something you can't quite pinpoint, and probably only shows up with you're stressed (when you aren't thinking so clearly to begin with).

    I'd like a good explanation of how it manifests for those of us who aren't leading with it in some way. Did you find one?
    I see your point here, and no, I didn't find a good description.

    I do see myself in descriptions of Si-inferior, though--the obsessions, the hypochondria, the depressions about how the future will always suck because the past always did, romanticizing history, the works. Kind of glad there's an explanation for what's "wrong" with me. XD

    I kind of think of Si as being the "framework" for my Ne--the underlying data points that allow new ideas to spin off them. I notice it when I do new things--how something looks "just like that one time when ________". Clearly, the Ne and Si are working in tandem there.

    That's not intended to be an explanation (since I am hard pressed to really describe it myself), but just an observation.

  3. #83
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    I see your point here, and no, I didn't find a good description.

    I do see myself in descriptions of Si-inferior, though--the obsessions, the hypochondria, the depressions about how the future will always suck because the past always did, romanticizing history, the works. Kind of glad there's an explanation for what's "wrong" with me. XD

    I kind of think of Si as being the "framework" for my Ne--the underlying data points that allow new ideas to spin off them. I notice it when I do new things--how something looks "just like that one time when ________". Clearly, the Ne and Si are working in tandem there.

    That's not intended to be an explanation (since I am hard pressed to really describe it myself), but just an observation.
    Hmm, no, it is different when it comes from an ENTP, I think. I could relate very much to the bolded. The health part not so much, but that's because it turned out that I was right. HA! Normally, I pretty much ignore my body and what it's saying. So, being down and paying attention saved my life that time.

    Also, you phrased it well when you spoke of connecting that way. I do recognize that happening if you mean like Si being the container of 'histories' from which we draw to make the connections our Ne brings in?

    Hmm.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  4. #84
    Senior Member Sanjuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    Hmm, no, it is different when it comes from an ENTP, I think. I could relate very much to the bolded. The health part not so much, but that's because it turned out that I was right. HA! Normally, I pretty much ignore my body and what it's saying. So, being down and paying attention saved my life that time.

    Also, you phrased it well when you spoke of connecting that way. I do recognize that happening if you mean like Si being the container of 'histories' from which we draw to make the connections our Ne brings in?

    Hmm.
    No, that's right. Si is like our little box that we try to think outside of, but which we are still beholden to for reference.

    Glad my take on it could help! (And, you're lucky if you don't get the hypochondria...IT'S ANNOYING).

  5. #85
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    No, that's right. Si is like our little box that we try to think outside of, but which we are still beholden to for reference.

    Glad my take on it could help! (And, you're lucky if you don't get the hypochondria...IT'S ANNOYING).
    You did help! I am actually shocked right now. I didn't expect to 'get' Si today, and now I get to analyze to my heart's content for a bit. Thanks.

    I did get hypochondria. I just didn't know it was Si at the time because it turned out to be the best thing I could do health-wise since it turned out to be a true self-diagnosis. I'm kind of excited to watch for it now. Being that it's usually hard for me to tell when I'm stressed.

    Thanks again.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  6. #86
    Junior Member phdenial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx
    Posts
    21

    Default

    - When you learn how to play the accordion between writing chapters for a paper due the next day while helping someone else write theirs.
    - When you offer the solution to a complex logistic problem 5 seconds after it was presented in a meeting, promptly ignored by all members, then 20 minutes later get a few knowing nods around the table when your solution emerges as the result of lengthy discussion. (Um. Yeah. I told you this twenty minutes ago.) I can never say that and have to be careful about giving my answer too quickly because people can get REALLY pissed.
    -When you write a parody medieval ballad at 3 am while writing a paper about medieval ballads and submitting it along with your paper (A grade, natch).
    - Humility. :P

  7. #87
    Junior Member phdenial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    When you have a genuine knack for manipulating people, hate yourself for being manipulative, but do it anyway.
    Is it manipulation or influence? Is it hurting anyone? I struggle with that, too, sometimes, but other times I think that I'm just good at seeing opportunity. I think carefully (and have time to test strategies) and whether or not it is ethical before I employ. And other times I think that I'm still trying to get over my abusive INFJ ex who accused me of manipulation whenever I asked him to stop yelling at me for thinking things I never thought. :-/ Because I was trying to talk my way out of this imaginary slight.

  8. #88
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phdenial View Post
    Is it manipulation or influence? Is it hurting anyone? I struggle with that, too, sometimes, but other times I think that I'm just good at seeing opportunity. I think carefully (and have time to test strategies) and whether or not it is ethical before I employ. And other times I think that I'm still trying to get over my abusive INFJ ex who accused me of manipulation whenever I asked him to stop yelling at me for thinking things I never thought. :-/ Because I was trying to talk my way out of this imaginary slight.
    What did he do?

  9. #89

    Default

    -when you love control(not a bad thing)

  10. #90
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Your 45 not married and hopeful
    you can be effortlessly good at things you've never done before
    you love your friends to bits but never remember their birthdays
    you never know it's a bank holiday unless it's Christmas or easter and that's only because it's in all the shops and everywhere
    you get lost for several weeks in the internet

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] You know you're an INFP when...
    By Lotr246 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 468
    Last Post: 08-19-2017, 07:18 PM
  2. [INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...
    By Dali in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 2356
    Last Post: 03-07-2017, 02:37 AM
  3. [INTP] You know you're an INTP when...
    By Martoon in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 174
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 01:14 AM
  4. [ENFP] You know you're an ENFP when...
    By phoenix13 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 242
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 12:37 AM
  5. [ENFJ] You know you're an ENFJ when...
    By Leysing in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 01:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO