User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Bullshit. ENTPs do not grow up, and those that do are not ENTPs.

lies! they do grow up!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    lies! they do grow up!
    That's what we want you to think
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP

To provide a counter-example to the failing at school these...
    - if you succeed at school because you're good at learning, but you're no good at applying what you've learnt. I'm really good at school-like learning, but putting knowledge in practice... shudder. I'd rather be a student forever, because that's what I'm good at. Learning. Not working.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Me I'm just lazy. I dropped out of college twice because I aced every test, but failed to turn in even a quarter of my assignments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

When you have two chapters of a dissertation due in about a week so you procrastinate by coming here and reading this silly thread, but you know without a doubt you're going to get the chapters done on time anyway because things just tend to work out like that for you.

Not that this is from personal experience or anything.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Bullshit. ENTPs do not grow up, and those that do are not ENTPs.
    Are you speaking from personal experience?

I realize this was intended to be a light-hearted thread, so I'm sorry I felt the need to take issue with your portayal of ENTPs as taking pleasure in being arrogant douches, but it's important for other personality types who read this thread to realize that while most ENTPs have been perceived as arrogant douches at some point or another, the majority grow out of taking pleasure in it.

There are several reasons for this. Perhaps it's as simple as life experience demonstrating that arrogant douches aren't taken particularly seriously in the workplace. At some point the ENTP needs to develop consensus or become influential to implement their ideas. If you're an arrogant douche (and happy about it) you should not be surprised if you entrench people in their positions and your enemies sobbotage your plans given the slightest opportunity.

Being an arrogant douche is also damaging to interpersonal relationships. After repeated failures where the need to "be right" or shove your intelligence down the throats of others leads to rejection, volatility, insecurity, mistrust, anger, or resentment, the older (and wiser) ENTP, through the school of hard knocks, will start to appreciate that human relationships are valuable and not an expendable commodity used to help satisfy the ego.

I'm not a psychologist, and I'm not well-versed enough in MBTI to say whether or not this is the tertiary function of Fe being developed over time, but I will definitely say that in my late 30s I am very concerned about how my friends, family, coworkers, peers, and colleagues perceive me. It took a long time for me to rehabilitate my reputation after being so outspoken in my 20s and early 30s.

My career is now thriving and have a lot of influence in my workplace and my community. Whatever pride or happiness you derive from being an arrogant douche will prove to be costly, and ultimately not worth it. That's not to say I expect you to listen to me. "You know you're an ENTP when..." you have to learn things the hard way.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

You know you're and ENTP when you are able to make a deadly weapon out of a pen and a rubber band, because you were bored in class...

Thankfully my brother missed my eye when he showed it to me... he only made his "arrow" stick in the cork board beside my head.
    Nothing can become anything if you tilt your head and squint.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    When you have two chapters of a dissertation due in about a week so you procrastinate by coming here and reading this silly thread, but you know without a doubt you're going to get the chapters done on time anyway because things just tend to work out like that for you.

thats my argument for the existence of God. i MUST have a guardian angel everywhere

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post

thats my argument for the existence of God. i MUST have a guardian angel everywhere

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    You know you're and ENTP when you are able to make a deadly weapon out of a pen and a rubber band, because you were bored in class...

Thankfully my brother missed my eye when he showed it to me... he only made his "arrow" stick in the cork board beside my head.
    I hope this isn't the only way, such toys were common fare of the kitty smithy. ^^;;
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]