User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Is an INTJ likely to have an easier time communicating with INTPs than other types because of the shared INT, or is it just as likely that the J/P difference and overall reversed function attitudes (Ne vs. Ni, Te vs. Ti, etc.) override this? I would be interested in hearing anyone's ideas on the particular pitfalls between these two types.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    ...some people like it when someone can read their mind or their subtle cues ["I used a white bow instead of a yellow bow on the grocery list to indicate that I wanted american cheese instead of vermont yellow cheddar, GOD WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND ME!?!?!?"]
    Actually this is how my family "communicates" if you can call it that. I have always been frustrated with this in particular because it's stupid and a waste of time. This is one thing I have little patience for.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    fast forward to 3:10 of this video.
    pretty much, I easily get derailed fom conversations and go way off topic, even my own. (My principle used call it... something I can't remember right this moment but I will edit this when the word comes to me.)
    "What's the worst that could happen?"
    "Would you like that list chronologically or alphabetically?"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    N/A

@Coriolis, I think really the only way someone's going to have an easy time communicating with an INTP is if either one of them has an immense amount of patience.
    "What's the worst that could happen?"
    "Would you like that list chronologically or alphabetically?"

MBTI
    INTP

Having re-read this thread, I think I'm going to have to revise my original response. We NTPs can be a giant pain in the butt. We kind of expect everyone to kowtow to our independence and our awesome thinky projects and our alone time. All of which we do need. But having been on the other side of it, it sounds really arrogant to announce that someone needs to learn how to deal with us in THIS way, and if you don't, we just can't deal with you. (Not aimed at the OP specifically, just at the NT approach in general.) Even I have a hard time being asked to deal with that. It's like announcing, "I don't really intend to consider your needs." I'm one of the most independent people I know, but I don't like being pushed to the side until you have time to think about me.

Yeah, we do need someone who understands that we're weird and different and that we need time to do our projects, etc. But we have to remember that there is another person in the relationship that has needs, too. And that maybe they need us to suck it up and go to that thing that's important to them just because we love them, and not because we have any great desire to socialize or whatever. And that doing so isn't them controlling us. It's just showing someone you care.
    Something Witty
    Likes Amargith, asynartetic liked this post

I guess the main thing that irks me is when someone gets offended by topics etc that I might bring up in discussion that to me is just interesting and not to be personalized

But even that I won't hold against you and will try and make you feel better/explain why I'm talking about these things

Meh people are just too anal

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Hi!

It's 2016, and I just wanted to say, that over the past couple of days I've been attempting to resolve conflict with an INTP. I've been very confused as I've been trying trying to start a relationship with him.

I used this guide, and my GOD did it work wonders. I even went as far as to try out the "flowers" thing on him! And he enthusiastically agreed, haha!

Thank you so much for writing this.

That's all~!
    Likes JocktheMotie liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Thro banahnah p3el at dem.

Den run awa!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UMR View Post
    Hi!
    I've been very confused as I've been trying trying to start a relationship with him.
    Oh dear. I'm sorry in advance.

It seems to go this way for most INTP chasers.

I used this guide, and my GOD did it work wonders. I even went as far as to try out the "flowers" thing on him! And he enthusiastically agreed, haha!

Thank you so much for writing this.

That's all~!
    Good luck!

MBTI
    beep
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I was so excited when I saw this thread. "Omg how to talk to an INTP!!! I can read it and see if it resonates with me and also share my experiences"
    Because, like most INTPs, I really love using my experiences to produce ideas and conclusions. And I love talking about them.
    But it's just a criticism of a really good post.
    Previous username: EliaBlack