• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What are your IQs?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
That's commonly called the Flynn effect.

The Errol Flynn effect? :D

pirates-of-the-caribbean-grouop.jpg

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You alone disprove any validity to IQ tests. :tongue10: :smooch:

Perhaps so, but the general concept is still the same - IQ scores change over time.

Heyzzzzz I never said I was smart. I just said it was bogus.

Haha I am silly!? You do recall the video you posted on the butt thread right? Don't tell me that was profound expression.:newwink:

SURE IT WAS PROFOUND....It was PROFOUNDly crazy!!!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! GO ME! I may not bust the IQ meter, but I bust the craz-o-meter for sureeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
You alone disprove any validity to IQ tests. :tongue10: :smooch:

Perhaps so, but the general concept is still the same - IQ scores change over time.

I am sorry, I get nitpicky sometimes, I think it's my shadow talking.

@LL: I stand corrected :D

G

Glycerine

I wouldn't be surprised if I had a really mediocre average IQ but I still am getting A's in honors college courses. ;) College is probably gonna get ridiculously difficult in a couple of years for me though...eek :(

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It's a whole another concept based on the scores of multiple generations. The Flynn-effect indicates that the absolute IQ of the population is slowly increasing, which is debatable at the very least.

Your personal IQ does not change over the years, this is a basic rule of IQ testing. You ARE getting "cleverer" until your late twenties, and you will get "duller" afterwards, but your score should remain the same, since properly supervised tests compensate for your advantages and disadvantages based on your age alone. Your IQ is calculated based on your efficiency on the test AND your age.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wouldn't be surprised if I had a really mediocre average IQ but I still am getting A's in honors college courses. ;)

Getting As requires enough accurate perception to know exactly what the professor wants to hear and being articulate enough to do it and argue properly. No more.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's a whole another concept based on the scores of multiple generations. The Flynn-effect indicates that the absolute IQ of the population is slowly increasing, which is debatable at the very least.

Your personal IQ does not change over the years, this is a basic rule of IQ testing. You ARE getting "cleverer" until your late twenties, and you will get "duller" afterwards, but your score should remain the same, since properly supervised tests compensate for your advantages and disadvantages based on your age alone. Your IQ is calculated based on your efficiency on the test AND your age.

Interesting. I wasn't aware of that.

S

Sniffles

Well I was just reading that the increase has largely stopped, according to some recent tests.

That's the theory, but does it correspond to practice?

Yeah. I do have a hot ass, man. :D

Well I did faint, as ayoitsStepho said I would. :blush:

G

Glycerine

Getting As requires enough accurate perception to know exactly what the professor wants to hear and being articulate enough to do it and argue properly. No more.
hahaha, Fe+Ni is great at regurgitating and anticipating what people want to hear. School is such a breeze.... it's not even funny.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's the theory, but does it correspond to practice?

No :D

Though the range of difference is usually less than 5-10 points. There are many reasons for this - one might get more acquainted with the mental patterns required to solve an IQ test.

You might score a little better if you practice bouncing, but you'll never be a basketball champion with a height of 5'8''.

G

Glycerine

I wish that were true for me. :(
That's hard to believe.... I have always considered you to be way above me in intelligence. But then again you are probably going for a PhD in historical analysis and philosophy. :D

S

Sniffles

That's hard to believe.... I have always considered you to be way above me in intelligence. :D

Well there's also enviromental factors to consider as well. I mean a supportive enviroment is important right?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
hahaha, Fe+Ni is great at regurgitating and anticipating what people want to hear. School is such a breeze.... it's not even funny.

Ne + Fi is good at guessing that as well. School/Uni is really easy and usually fairly enjoyable the more advanced the classes get. That goes for learning and teaching. :devil:

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

a blessing and a curse. i'm learning how to Fe my way through school right now too. it opens up freedom for me to do what i want without feeling worried that i will be exposed for not following the process as it is laid out in the syllabus, but i still have occasional guilt/worry when i've been working at cross-purposes all semester.

and also, when the people disappear and i have to organize my own discourse, sometimes i'm fucked. i rely on their information and their judgments and the discourse unfolding outside of myself to provide me with the raw material i need to draw connections between things. my skill is navigating and facilitating and connecting more than it is straight building. for that i desperately need the intjs, intps, and entps, who are much much better than me at defining goals, figuring out the logical ends of various approaches, systematizing, etc.