User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    It's a whole another concept based on the scores of multiple generations. The Flynn-effect indicates that the absolute IQ of the population is slowly increasing, which is debatable at the very least.
    Well I was just reading that the increase has largely stopped, according to some recent tests.

Your personal IQ does not change over the years, this is a basic rule of IQ testing. You ARE getting "cleverer" until your late twenties, and you will get "duller" afterwards, but your score should remain the same, since properly supervised tests compensate for your advantages and disadvantages based on your age alone. Your IQ is calculated based on your efficiency on the test AND your age.
    That's the theory, but does it correspond to practice?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Yeah. I do have a hot ass, man.
    Well I did faint, as ayoitsStepho said I would.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Getting As requires enough accurate perception to know exactly what the professor wants to hear and being articulate enough to do it and argue properly. No more.
    hahaha, Fe+Ni is great at regurgitating and anticipating what people want to hear. School is such a breeze.... it's not even funny.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    School is such a breeze.... it's not even funny.
    I wish that were true for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    That's the theory, but does it correspond to practice?
    No

Though the range of difference is usually less than 5-10 points. There are many reasons for this - one might get more acquainted with the mental patterns required to solve an IQ test.

You might score a little better if you practice bouncing, but you'll never be a basketball champion with a height of 5'8''.

Glycerine

I wish that were true for me.
    That's hard to believe.... I have always considered you to be way above me in intelligence. But then again you are probably going for a PhD in historical analysis and philosophy.

Sniffles

That's hard to believe.... I have always considered you to be way above me in intelligence.
    Well there's also enviromental factors to consider as well. I mean a supportive enviroment is important right?

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

hahaha, Fe+Ni is great at regurgitating and anticipating what people want to hear. School is such a breeze.... it's not even funny.
    Ne + Fi is good at guessing that as well. School/Uni is really easy and usually fairly enjoyable the more advanced the classes get. That goes for learning and teaching.

Glycerine

Well there's also enviromental factors to consider as well. I mean a supportive enviroment is important right?
    You got me on that one.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

a blessing and a curse. i'm learning how to Fe my way through school right now too. it opens up freedom for me to do what i want without feeling worried that i will be exposed for not following the process as it is laid out in the syllabus, but i still have occasional guilt/worry when i've been working at cross-purposes all semester.

and also, when the people disappear and i have to organize my own discourse, sometimes i'm fucked. i rely on their information and their judgments and the discourse unfolding outside of myself to provide me with the raw material i need to draw connections between things. my skill is navigating and facilitating and connecting more than it is straight building. for that i desperately need the intjs, intps, and entps, who are much much better than me at defining goals, figuring out the logical ends of various approaches, systematizing, etc.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    You might score a little better if you practice bouncing, but you'll never be a basketball champion with a height of 5'8''.
    Muggsy Bogues - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?