User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 259

  1. #41
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    That's commonly called the Flynn effect.
    The Errol Flynn effect?


  2. #42
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    LOL I wish, but unfortunately it's for James R. Flynn. boo!

  3. #43
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    You alone disprove any validity to IQ tests.



    Perhaps so, but the general concept is still the same - IQ scores change over time.
    Heyzzzzz I never said I was smart. I just said it was bogus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Haha I am silly!? You do recall the video you posted on the butt thread right? Don't tell me that was profound expression.
    SURE IT WAS PROFOUND....It was PROFOUNDly crazy!!!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! GO ME! I may not bust the IQ meter, but I bust the craz-o-meter for sureeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

  4. #44
    Senior Member Forever_Jung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    You alone disprove any validity to IQ tests.



    Perhaps so, but the general concept is still the same - IQ scores change over time.
    I am sorry, I get nitpicky sometimes, I think it's my shadow talking.

    @LL: I stand corrected

  5. #45
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Heyzzzzz I never said I was smart. I just said it was bogus.
    I stand by my words.

    SURE IT WAS PROFOUND....It was PROFOUNDly crazy!!!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! GO ME! I may not bust the IQ meter, but I bust the craz-o-meter for sureeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
    More like the ass-meter.

  6. #46
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    I wouldn't be surprised if I had a really mediocre average IQ but I still am getting A's in honors college courses. College is probably gonna get ridiculously difficult in a couple of years for me though...eek

  7. #47
    No Cigar Litvyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Perhaps so, but the general concept is still the same - IQ scores change over time.
    It's a whole another concept based on the scores of multiple generations. The Flynn-effect indicates that the absolute IQ of the population is slowly increasing, which is debatable at the very least.

    Your personal IQ does not change over the years, this is a basic rule of IQ testing. You ARE getting "cleverer" until your late twenties, and you will get "duller" afterwards, but your score should remain the same, since properly supervised tests compensate for your advantages and disadvantages based on your age alone. Your IQ is calculated based on your efficiency on the test AND your age.

  8. #48
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I stand by my words.


    More like the ass-meter.
    Yeah. I do have a hot ass, man.

  9. #49
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if I had a really mediocre average IQ but I still am getting A's in honors college courses.
    Getting As requires enough accurate perception to know exactly what the professor wants to hear and being articulate enough to do it and argue properly. No more.

  10. #50
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    It's a whole another concept based on the scores of multiple generations. The Flynn-effect indicates that the absolute IQ of the population is slowly increasing, which is debatable at the very least.

    Your personal IQ does not change over the years, this is a basic rule of IQ testing. You ARE getting "cleverer" until your late twenties, and you will get "duller" afterwards, but your score should remain the same, since properly supervised tests compensate for your advantages and disadvantages based on your age alone. Your IQ is calculated based on your efficiency on the test AND your age.
    Interesting. I wasn't aware of that.

Similar Threads

  1. What are your instincts?
    By Magic Poriferan in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 12-19-2016, 02:12 AM
  2. [ENTJ] ENTJs, what are your future plans?
    By Electric in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 02:09 PM
  3. What are your political views?
    By Dufresne in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 08:08 AM
  4. Has anyone heard of Global Dimming and if so what are your thoughts on it??
    By ladypinkington in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 06:13 AM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO