• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTP and INFP friendships

Mipp

MBTI Type
INTP
Re: Otherkin, I'm not really qualified to say, but I think it's one of those things where people have animal personas. Like furries, but I don't think they dress up.

As regards physical affection, I can't stand it when people, especially men, I don't know or like try to put their hands on me, but as I've grown I've become comfortable with affection from friends. I've trained myself to give hugs and rest my head against their shoulders; it doesn't hurt me and it helps along bonding. I find it comforting to sleep next to someone, and I've napped beside most of my close friends. You don't have to be entwined with someone to feel safe and loved.

As for his feelings towards me, that's really his concern, and if he wants to bring it up with me, he's welcome to do so.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As for his feelings towards me, that's really his concern, and if he wants to bring it up with me, he's welcome to do so.

This is what I like to get out of the way before I get too close. I prefer a person who leaves it alone till I have my head wrapped around what I want.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
what is the "otherkin" subculture? is this something I should know about...?

Otherkin people are people who feel that part of their soul is not human. Some will identify strongly with an animal and exhibit some animalistic traits, for instance. Others identify with 'fantasy' creatures, such as elves, dwarfs etc etc, feeling that that is part of their true nature.

They are generally not happy about being associated with furries, as it is considered a part of their souls, a spiritual matter, and not a fetish or sexual in nature. Most of them lead normal lives, and use their "animal or elven instincts" in daily life. They might sometimes dress the part, but they usually are into wearing a stuffed animal suit like furries are.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Otherkin people are people who feel that part of their soul is not human. Some will identify strongly with an animal and exhibit some animalistic traits, for instance. Others identify with 'fantasy' creatures, such as elves, dwarfs etc etc, feeling that that is part of their true nature.

They are generally not happy about being associated with furries, as it is considered a part of their souls, a spiritual matter, and not a fetish or sexual in nature. Most of them lead normal lives, and use their "animal or elven instincts" in daily life. They might sometimes dress the part, but they usually are into wearing a stuffed animal suit like furries are.

Huh. I learned something today.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram

Thanks for answering, if only that I could satisfy my curiosity and come to the conclusion that our INFP friend OrangeAppled was correct: :tongue:

It's better not to know.... :D

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

So that's what they call my dysfunction...

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
INTPs are like the other version of me :) i always enjoy their company.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
As my INTP friend once said, Friendship is a euphemism.

A guest on Space Ghost once said that "friends are just enemies that don't have the guts to tell you they hate you". Deep.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
He was referring to romance, but I can see how it can be more broadly applied.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
He was referring to romance, but I can see how it can be more broadly applied.

Yep that was obvious. I was simply making a friendly "parody", if you will, based upon the "appearance" or "external form" of the quote, not a logical progression of the argument based on its content.

Or in other words the joke was "both quotes are equally ludicrous". But in a banter way not a rude way.

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
INFP is the only person I cared about :hug:. too bad this person did not feel the same way about me. just delete this thread... bring back bad memories.

sikkykins

MBTI Type
INFP
totes sound like they dig you... or maybe they have a loose relationship valuing thing going on? times are different. relationships are more complicated and casual at the same time. i don't know enough about how they operate to make an accurate assessment

my INFP-INTP relationship experience:

about a year and a half ago, i met a girl through work and we really hit it off when she invited me over to drink with another friend (and that friend became the third wheel during the visit, lol.) we got super wasted and shared a lot about ourselves like "no way!" "same!" "omg you're so cool!" "why didn't we talk sooner!?" she seemed super kind and "normal," in a work setting. got her job done, talked when talked to. i don't even remember how it got to the point we are at now, but she is my best friend and she is the female relationship i needed my whole life. as an INFP, i've always had a hard time making and maintaining real friends. i gave a lot of myself, and scared people away when they got too close. i got a lot of emotional damage and mom/dad issues, but i'm pretty aware of myself and that's not the founding stone of all my conversations. i find it easy to relate to others and feel what they feel, but hard for others to relate to me and my extreme emotions. like, i think i say it how it is, but maybe it's not quite right or normal. but the more i come to experience, the more universally i can apply my thoughts and feelings into ways people can understand? anyway, this INTP female i met isn't every stereotype in the book, but she is super accepting and we feed off each other. she knows how sensitive i can be, but she's really smart and considerate and knows how to express things to me without hurting me. we have a lot of similarities, and also value our space and alone time. we don't stress if one doesn't text for weeks. we catch up at work away from people and all is good. when we hang out, we only hang out the two of us because we enjoy our time alone to fully be ourselves and not have to concern ourselves with entertaining other people. the differences we have, we embrace in each other. i like how she shows me a different light on things and shows me how other people can see the same situation but in a different way. we also pull each other out of our shells when in public or just around each other because we are so comfortable with each other and not overbearing. we love to talk, feed off each other for stories/ideas, show each other new things, and affirm each other for the work we do. i seriously wouldn't change anything about her. one thing we both find kind of strange, is that we both find each other attractive and we naturally click so well (also, we are both bisexual,) but there's simply no spark there. we are okay with it completely. it's very platonic, but it sometimes feels like a non romantic, romantic relationship. i have no wish to do anything with her like that. (i also have problems with a lot of physical affection because i'm weird.) but i have 0 jealousy when she's around other people or people she has interest in. i just like seeing her happy. she's like what i would have wanted a mom or sister like, and she says i'm like the "cooler cousin" who comes over during family get togethers and always does cool stuff to get her revved up. i am closest to my fiance', and very devoted to him, but have dabbled in the "what ifs" if somehow it happened, and it's not something i would want in a romantic way. maybe i don't feel that way because i already know it won't work and again, i'm super happy with my soul mate. i think about a lot of stuff, all the time, including the unnecessary or the unwanted, jsut because my mind tends to go there and run with the next thing i contemplate. i really do get everything i want from my friendship with her. it's super healthy and she understands me and what i do, even before i fully understand what and why i do what i do.

i don't really know the weirdest things we've said or done. we always make up situations/stories and add to them/play off of what the other adds. we both find each other super hilarious and got the other's humor down to a T. when we would do edibles together, she was like another half of me and wouldn't mind my weird behavior or listening to the same song 50 times in a row. one thing we would do when we were on the same level is watch lil peep videos/music videos and scream "PEEEEEP!" over and over and talk about what a good boy he was and dance around in her living room like squidward when he interpretative dances in one of the earlier spongebob episodes. we are 25 and 23 years old, but i feel like i am living the high school years i didn't get to live out with her. and even though most of the stuff we do is really stupid, and we know it is, we also find it funny and bond over it.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This type of friendship can cause supernovas

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's all fun and games until the INFP needs feeling - type things the INTP can't/won't/doesn't know how to provide.