• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTP and INFP friendships

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's all fun and games until the INFP needs feeling - type things the INTP can't/won't/doesn't know how to provide.

Eh... I probably made that sound worse than I should have. In general, I click well with INTPs, and I tend to be very fond of them. The emotional disconnect is where problems tend to happen. But those problems only happen because we get along so well that we reach the stage where they become an issue. Many others would never ever get near that stage.

ChimericalSerenity

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In answer to OP:

INFPs are generally very handsy. I can't speak for your male friend because the person I have in mind is a straight female who in no way sees me in a romantic light, but she definitely likes latching on to my arm and putting her head on my shoulder and hugging me, stuff like that. She really likes surprising me with really well thought-out and heartfelt gifts, but she's also very no nonsense / direct type of person as well, so she does her best to understand how I can't help but seem insensitive at times. I also try to be more understanding with her but it doesn't always work out that way, welp!

She's also very emotionally dependent on me? I don't know if this is a common trend with INFP / INTJ relationships, but she always compliments me for really small things, stuff like: "oh wow, you're so smart!" for the smallest things, and she gets kind of possessive of me? Basically, when we were hanging out with another (ENTP) friend of ours, she kept on telling the other friend facts about me and when the friend would say that she didn't know X about me, the INFP would say, "oh? Like I thought everyone knew that?" She also treats me like a big sister (?) figure and can handle a lot of my bluntness? It's just a collection of things that sort of sound / make the dynamic of our conversations weird.

Like I feel that it's unhealthy behaviour on her part but I think there's something adorable about it. It feels like I have the power in the relationship dynamic, and sometimes it makes me uncomfortable, because I feel like that's not how a healthy friendship should be, but she's always had a lot going on for her and I feel kind of protective of her? Even though sometimes she aggravates me and gets me quite mad.