User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    I am supposed to be doing it now, but I can't concentrate for more than a few minutes. My mind keeps going off on tangents and thinking about things I find more interesting.
    Did you fix the home work?
    No.
    Another person did.
    Why?
    It was her duty.

Is her duty your duty?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

i'm too cool for school.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Yes. I always tested well, and I was usually fine with big assignments (essays, etc.), but day-to-day homework, I seldom bothered with.
    i just want to be a sweetheart

sammy

I do all of my homework. But, if I can get extensions, hellzya I will wait to do it past a "deadline."

I get bored and distracted easily when the work is menial or tedius, as Teslashock stated above.

You can pull the horse to water, but you cannot make it drink.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

In high school the work was usually trivial enough that when pressed (the morning of/night before) I could get through it. But because it wasn't a high priority, I would often forget I had homework entirely, not turn it in, and get detention (catholic schools are serious...). But at least the tests kept me in the A range so the only noticeable effect was that I made friends with the potheads in detention.

The same thing would happen in college but the effects were a lot worse. Not turning in a problem set (or half of one) in some classes could drop you half a letter grade or more. Plus, the prof now thinks you are a slacker. Took me way too long to fix this. (Fix involves tons of coping mechanisms, including signage and about 3 calendar reminders for everything.)
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

I don't have trouble with homework, I have trouble doing them.

I always plan to do them ahead of time, but I always end up doing them at the last minute. This had caused me to get subpar grades which made me want to kick myself (too bad i'm not flexible enough).

One of the class that I hated taking this semester is Art Appreciation....waste of my time imho. Should have waited to take drawing since it was filled up when I tried to sign up...at least that will teach me a skill. Furthermore, I like to draw so I would probably enjoy taking it.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    I don't have trouble with homework, I have trouble doing them.

I always plan to do them ahead of time, but I always end up doing them at the last minute. This had caused me to get subpar grades which made me want to kick myself (too bad i'm not flexible enough).

One of the class that I hated taking this semester is Art Appreciation....waste of my time imho. Should have waited to take drawing since it was filled up when I tried to sign up...at least that will teach me a skill. Furthermore, I like to draw so I would probably enjoy taking it.
    Yeah, art appreciation is a lot like history - lots of memorization, reading, you need the context to understand, etc. I highly recommend drawing if you're into it already. The hardest part of course is that you might be in there with a lot of amazing art majors, so if you're used to being at the top, you will quickly be humbled.
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Quote Originally Posted by hilo View Post
    Yeah, art appreciation is a lot like history - lots of memorization, reading, you need the context to understand, etc. I highly recommend drawing if you're into it already. The hardest part of course is that you might be in there with a lot of amazing art majors, so if you're used to being at the top, you will quickly be humbled.
    I'm already in art appreciation and I missed the drop date so i'm stuck . I wanted drawing because I've always had a passion for it. But, it's not something I would do for a living. I'm actually trying to major in either engineering or physic.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

MBTI
    INTP

I never had trouble with homework, I just hardly didn't do any . Usually it was enough to read the books during class and occasionally listen to the teacher. I had decent grades.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Yes... Yes we do. Book-smarts don't count for squat when your English teacher is artsy, which they frequently are. Also, missing one key element of arithmetic can kill you in algebra later, which throws any form of intelligence or predisposition thereto out the window. I know that was incredibly self-focused, but the most accurate information is that of a first-hand experience.
    INTP,
    Neutral Good/Lawful Good even split. 5w4 sp/sx melancholic/supine, even split. Yes, I stole this method of placement from black cat.