User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default How to get this INTP to like me?

I asked a thread a while ago to find out what type my friend is and the general consensus is INTP. Anyways, I want to get her to like me because I really like her, but she is showing no interest. She is sociable, independent, casual and stuff, and I fail socially, so any ideas?

Talk to them 1 on 1 INTPs don't show their true selves to those around them and prefer to adapt and mirror others

Get some good 1 on 1 moments show that you aren't just like everyone else and an INTP just might like you

Hope that helps

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I imagine it would be hard to tell whether she's interested or not. If she willingly spends more time with you, you could take that as a good sign. I definitely agree with Unique here, more time with her will make it easier to tell.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I imagine it would be hard to tell whether she's interested or not. If she willingly spends more time with you, you could take that as a good sign. I definitely agree with Unique here, more time with her will make it easier to tell.
    Yes I have been looking for subliminal clues, but not really found any. If there is my immediate group of friends and her most immediate group engaging in seperate conversations, I've noticed she mostly goes with th other group, and among other things, I can tell she's not really into me.

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    Yes I have been looking for subliminal clues, but not really found any. If there is my immediate group of friends and her most immediate group engaging in seperate conversations, I've noticed she mostly goes with th other group, and among other things, I can tell she's not really into me.
    You can actually read an INTP? We seem disinterested in everyone thats just our composure

As I said, INTPs put on "a face" when it comes to groups, get them alone

That is all

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    You can actually read an INTP? We seem disinterested in everyone thats just our composure

As I said, INTPs put on "a face" when it comes to groups, get them alone

That is all
    Well she is hard to understand sometimes, which is why I had difficulty typing her. But she doesn't seem to change much to fit in. She's always herself, which is one of the things I admire about her.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I think you're probably right about that. Well, the way I see it is that you have two options: Persist, or get over it. Persistance takes a lot of effort, but it's probably worth it, it is likely to pay off eventually. Getting over it should be easy enough, but you'll miss the opportunity. I generally find that putting in more effort is the best option in life.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTJ

I can persist easily on something I really care about. But INTPs, do you like INTJs and how should I act to get her to like me? I mean I'm not going to change myself completely. Just subtle adjustments to get some good points.

Well she is hard to understand sometimes, which is why I had difficulty typing her. But she doesn't seem to change much to fit in. She's always herself, which is one of the things I admire about her.
    Difficult to type? Think you might of got her type wrong buddy, INTPs natural state is not one the majority warm up to

Most people are SFs, INTPs have to put on some sort of act to have them like them

By no means is it impossible for an INTP to get along with everyone, but I really can't see it "just happening" like it might with an ESFP or something. The INTP has to move out of their comfort zone

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I can persist easily on something I really care about. But INTPs, do you like INTJs and how should I act to get her to like me? I mean I'm not going to change myself completely. Just subtle adjustments to get some good points.
    Personally, I like INTJs... not sure that I'm a typical INTP though (like Unique, I'm a 9). Apparantly INTP and INTJ don't tend to get along so well. Not sure that I believe that.

What do you mean by adjusting yourself? Improvements are a good way to go, adjustments might not be you. It's important to be you.
    5 3 9