User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 68

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    481

    Default How to get this INTP to like me?

    I asked a thread a while ago to find out what type my friend is and the general consensus is INTP. Anyways, I want to get her to like me because I really like her, but she is showing no interest. She is sociable, independent, casual and stuff, and I fail socially, so any ideas?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Talk to them 1 on 1 INTPs don't show their true selves to those around them and prefer to adapt and mirror others

    Get some good 1 on 1 moments show that you aren't just like everyone else and an INTP just might like you

    Hope that helps

  3. #3
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    I imagine it would be hard to tell whether she's interested or not. If she willingly spends more time with you, you could take that as a good sign. I definitely agree with Unique here, more time with her will make it easier to tell.
    5 3 9

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I imagine it would be hard to tell whether she's interested or not. If she willingly spends more time with you, you could take that as a good sign. I definitely agree with Unique here, more time with her will make it easier to tell.
    Yes I have been looking for subliminal clues, but not really found any. If there is my immediate group of friends and her most immediate group engaging in seperate conversations, I've noticed she mostly goes with th other group, and among other things, I can tell she's not really into me.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    Yes I have been looking for subliminal clues, but not really found any. If there is my immediate group of friends and her most immediate group engaging in seperate conversations, I've noticed she mostly goes with th other group, and among other things, I can tell she's not really into me.
    You can actually read an INTP? We seem disinterested in everyone thats just our composure

    As I said, INTPs put on "a face" when it comes to groups, get them alone

    That is all

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    You can actually read an INTP? We seem disinterested in everyone thats just our composure

    As I said, INTPs put on "a face" when it comes to groups, get them alone

    That is all
    Well she is hard to understand sometimes, which is why I had difficulty typing her. But she doesn't seem to change much to fit in. She's always herself, which is one of the things I admire about her.

  7. #7
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    Yes I have been looking for subliminal clues, but not really found any. If there is my immediate group of friends and her most immediate group engaging in seperate conversations, I've noticed she mostly goes with th other group, and among other things, I can tell she's not really into me.
    I think you're probably right about that. Well, the way I see it is that you have two options: Persist, or get over it. Persistance takes a lot of effort, but it's probably worth it, it is likely to pay off eventually. Getting over it should be easy enough, but you'll miss the opportunity. I generally find that putting in more effort is the best option in life.
    5 3 9

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    481

    Default

    I can persist easily on something I really care about. But INTPs, do you like INTJs and how should I act to get her to like me? I mean I'm not going to change myself completely. Just subtle adjustments to get some good points.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    Well she is hard to understand sometimes, which is why I had difficulty typing her. But she doesn't seem to change much to fit in. She's always herself, which is one of the things I admire about her.
    Difficult to type? Think you might of got her type wrong buddy, INTPs natural state is not one the majority warm up to

    Most people are SFs, INTPs have to put on some sort of act to have them like them

    By no means is it impossible for an INTP to get along with everyone, but I really can't see it "just happening" like it might with an ESFP or something. The INTP has to move out of their comfort zone

  10. #10
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    I can persist easily on something I really care about. But INTPs, do you like INTJs and how should I act to get her to like me? I mean I'm not going to change myself completely. Just subtle adjustments to get some good points.
    Personally, I like INTJs... not sure that I'm a typical INTP though (like Unique, I'm a 9). Apparantly INTP and INTJ don't tend to get along so well. Not sure that I believe that.

    What do you mean by adjusting yourself? Improvements are a good way to go, adjustments might not be you. It's important to be you.
    5 3 9

Similar Threads

  1. How to like oneself?
    By ygolo in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 02-24-2014, 01:33 AM
  2. [INTP] How do I get my INTP friend to stop destroying everything?
    By Coeur in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 09:58 PM
  3. I'd like to get this figured out once and for all...
    By sketchymcsketcherson in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 11:50 PM
  4. [SP] Teach me how to be like Lone Wolf McQuade
    By wolfy in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-27-2010, 08:47 AM
  5. [INFJ] Does this INFJ girl like me?
    By Cypocalypse in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 10:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO