• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How to get this INTP to like me?

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
I tried to convince her that while there were very stupid thing people do, she should be happy about the good, insightful and genuinely helpful things they can do, but I didn't have much time as I had to get to class.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Patience, understanding and all these virtues of peace and reservation--I value those.

I'd argue with her on her less than balanced view of the world. Tis an injustice to those who do good, the other side of the coin!~I would say.

Morals shouldn't even be be criticized as they are never in ultimate form.

---

Now, regarding your situation. You could consider sucking up to her beliefs and nodding to any possible nonsense she spouts. Not implying that she doesn't provide insight but it's a possibility.

Or you could take the relaxed approach which I would recommend and criticize virtually all her wrongs.

Some like being ignorantly agreed upon(plenty of INTP's prefer this and not exclusive to INTP's(people like being right)). But some actually wants to hear and learn.

Learning the value of priority of learning is a must-consider priority.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Being an INTJ it is physically impossible for me to consistently pretend to agree with things I do not. :)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I tried to convince her that while there were very stupid thing people do, she should be happy about the good, insightful and genuinely helpful things they can do, but I didn't have much time as I had to get to class.

Uh-oh. I would have stared at you funny, at best, and thought "what the hell is wrong with this person."

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Why? Because I would be disagreeing with you? Or because the outlook was positive?

Because the outlook was very fluffy and positive. I'd immediately think, "he doesn't understand, if he legitimately thinks that."

I'd find it far more fun to dissect the particular behaviors I hated and wonder where they came from.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Because the outlook was very fluffy and positive. I'd immediately think, "he doesn't understand, if he legitimately thinks that."

I'd find it far more fun to dissect the particular behaviors I hated and wonder where they came from.

Well I wouldn't be all happy and fluffy about it. I'm not an INFP, sheesh. I would simply explain that that is a rather negative approach to life an explain that it would be more positive if she just thought more on how things could be improved than what is wrong. She was at this point complaining that people are the only creatures who blush or dress and that our comparitive intelligence to other life made us simply dangerous and paradoxically more dumb and that they shouldn't have to, and I think she was being rather negative. I think we should appreciate the fact that we have intelligence, emotions and imagination.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Interesting, do you wonder why you hate?

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
This thread seems to have concluded that INTPs have to be misanthropic.

Seriously why does every single thread on INTP's end with the most unhealthy tendencies being turned into the "rule". This is why I dislike INTPc let's not go down the same route...

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
This thread seems to have concluded that INTPs have to be misanthropic.

Seriously why does every single thread on INTP's end with the most unhealthy tendencies being turned into the "rule". This is why I dislike INTPc let's not go down the same route...

I can't say I'm a misanthrope. I don't even consider to evaluate the human race; only the individuals I encounter.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Certainly. That'd be a fun thing to dissect too.

Yeah, you have to ask them questions that show them a different point of view or question their axiomas without trying to shove it down their throats. Use Ni, don't overuse Te. Don't make it into a debate.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I can't say I'm a misanthrope. I don't even consider to evaluate the human race; only the individuals I encounter.

Well to be fair I didn't have you in mind I was just going on the last few posts.

However I would say that misanthropy can be used popularly to refer to prejudices and day to day behaviour and not necessarilly just a philosophical perspective.

not that I wish to presume you are misanthropic as I honestly have not evaluated you as such so far. :p

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Um, I was definitely a misanthrope at 17. Or at least I thought I was. I wouldn't have loved someone trying to Pollyanna me out of it.

Honestly, I have never fallen for someone who was "pursuing" me. I'm attracted/interested or I'm not. I don't think INTP women like to be pursued. We don't like a lot of focused attention on us. It doesn't make us feel special; it makes us feel weird. Unless you're already our SO.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can see 4 types of INTP's.

Dominant
1. Firm-Angry.
2. Misanthropic-Hateful.
Inferior
3. Hilarious-Misunderstood.
4. Calm-Serious.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Um, I was definitely a misanthrope at 17. Or at least I thought I was. I wouldn't have loved someone trying to Pollyanna me out of it.

Honestly, I have never fallen for someone who was "pursuing" me. I'm attracted/interested or I'm not. I don't think INTP women like to be pursued. We don't like a lot of focused attention on us. It doesn't make us feel special; it makes us feel weird. Unless you're already our SO.

Oh well that's crap then.

Unique

Yeah I relate to that bit though a lot of the time for me (despite obvious come ons) I can be oblivious that someone likes me

Though even if I did know... ultimately I'll either like them or not yeah

I too would react like this to the response, depending on how nice I was feeling I'd either think "riiiiiight" or actually sarcasticly say it out loud

Unique

Oh well that's crap then.

Doesn't mean you cant have an INTP eventually like you

Just means perusing them won't work

A girl in the past once tried desperately to get my attention etc all the time and told all her friends how much she liked me, word obviously got back to me and yeah wasn't interested mostly because I thought the conversation quality and maturity level just wasn't there

Few years later when she wasn't trying so hard and engaged me more on a interesting intellectual level and we found out a lot more about each other I ended up liking her and that came as a surprise to her/offensive and never spoke to me again

True story

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
INTPs tend to disregard people who seem too eager.

Don't trust em! And for good reason.. keep it up INTPs! Sorry goodgrief.