First 4567 Last

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    This thread seems to have concluded that INTPs have to be misanthropic.

Seriously why does every single thread on INTP's end with the most unhealthy tendencies being turned into the "rule". This is why I dislike INTPc let's not go down the same route...
    I can't say I'm a misanthrope. I don't even consider to evaluate the human race; only the individuals I encounter.
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Certainly. That'd be a fun thing to dissect too.
    Yeah, you have to ask them questions that show them a different point of view or question their axiomas without trying to shove it down their throats. Use Ni, don't overuse Te. Don't make it into a debate.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    I can't say I'm a misanthrope. I don't even consider to evaluate the human race; only the individuals I encounter.
    Well to be fair I didn't have you in mind I was just going on the last few posts.

However I would say that misanthropy can be used popularly to refer to prejudices and day to day behaviour and not necessarilly just a philosophical perspective.

not that I wish to presume you are misanthropic as I honestly have not evaluated you as such so far. :p
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTP

Um, I was definitely a misanthrope at 17. Or at least I thought I was. I wouldn't have loved someone trying to Pollyanna me out of it.

Honestly, I have never fallen for someone who was "pursuing" me. I'm attracted/interested or I'm not. I don't think INTP women like to be pursued. We don't like a lot of focused attention on us. It doesn't make us feel special; it makes us feel weird. Unless you're already our SO.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I can see 4 types of INTP's.

Dominant
    1. Firm-Angry.
    2. Misanthropic-Hateful.
    Inferior
    3. Hilarious-Misunderstood.
    4. Calm-Serious.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Um, I was definitely a misanthrope at 17. Or at least I thought I was. I wouldn't have loved someone trying to Pollyanna me out of it.

Honestly, I have never fallen for someone who was "pursuing" me. I'm attracted/interested or I'm not. I don't think INTP women like to be pursued. We don't like a lot of focused attention on us. It doesn't make us feel special; it makes us feel weird. Unless you're already our SO.
    Oh well that's crap then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post

Yeah I relate to that bit though a lot of the time for me (despite obvious come ons) I can be oblivious that someone likes me

Though even if I did know... ultimately I'll either like them or not yeah

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Because the outlook was very fluffy and positive. I'd immediately think, "he doesn't understand, if he legitimately thinks that."

I'd find it far more fun to dissect the particular behaviors I hated and wonder where they came from.
    I too would react like this to the response, depending on how nice I was feeling I'd either think "riiiiiight" or actually sarcasticly say it out loud

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    Oh well that's crap then.
    Doesn't mean you cant have an INTP eventually like you

Just means perusing them won't work

A girl in the past once tried desperately to get my attention etc all the time and told all her friends how much she liked me, word obviously got back to me and yeah wasn't interested mostly because I thought the conversation quality and maturity level just wasn't there

Few years later when she wasn't trying so hard and engaged me more on a interesting intellectual level and we found out a lot more about each other I ended up liking her and that came as a surprise to her/offensive and never spoke to me again

True story

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

INTPs tend to disregard people who seem too eager.

Don't trust em! And for good reason.. keep it up INTPs! Sorry goodgrief.

MBTI
    INTJ

But I'm so trustable.