User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

I tried to convince her that while there were very stupid thing people do, she should be happy about the good, insightful and genuinely helpful things they can do, but I didn't have much time as I had to get to class.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Patience, understanding and all these virtues of peace and reservation--I value those.

I'd argue with her on her less than balanced view of the world. Tis an injustice to those who do good, the other side of the coin!~I would say.

Morals shouldn't even be be criticized as they are never in ultimate form.

---

Now, regarding your situation. You could consider sucking up to her beliefs and nodding to any possible nonsense she spouts. Not implying that she doesn't provide insight but it's a possibility.

Or you could take the relaxed approach which I would recommend and criticize virtually all her wrongs.

Some like being ignorantly agreed upon(plenty of INTP's prefer this and not exclusive to INTP's(people like being right)). But some actually wants to hear and learn.

Learning the value of priority of learning is a must-consider priority.

MBTI
    INTJ

Being an INTJ it is physically impossible for me to consistently pretend to agree with things I do not.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    I tried to convince her that while there were very stupid thing people do, she should be happy about the good, insightful and genuinely helpful things they can do, but I didn't have much time as I had to get to class.
    Uh-oh. I would have stared at you funny, at best, and thought "what the hell is wrong with this person."

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Awful. I would have stared at you funny, at best.
    Why? Because I would be disagreeing with you? Or because the outlook was positive?

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    Why? Because I would be disagreeing with you? Or because the outlook was positive?
    Because the outlook was very fluffy and positive. I'd immediately think, "he doesn't understand, if he legitimately thinks that."

I'd find it far more fun to dissect the particular behaviors I hated and wonder where they came from.

MBTI
    INTJ

Because the outlook was very fluffy and positive. I'd immediately think, "he doesn't understand, if he legitimately thinks that."

I'd find it far more fun to dissect the particular behaviors I hated and wonder where they came from.
    Well I wouldn't be all happy and fluffy about it. I'm not an INFP, sheesh. I would simply explain that that is a rather negative approach to life an explain that it would be more positive if she just thought more on how things could be improved than what is wrong. She was at this point complaining that people are the only creatures who blush or dress and that our comparitive intelligence to other life made us simply dangerous and paradoxically more dumb and that they shouldn't have to, and I think she was being rather negative. I think we should appreciate the fact that we have intelligence, emotions and imagination.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Interesting, do you wonder why you hate?

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Interesting, do you wonder why you hate?
    Certainly. That'd be a fun thing to dissect too.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

This thread seems to have concluded that INTPs have to be misanthropic.

Seriously why does every single thread on INTP's end with the most unhealthy tendencies being turned into the "rule". This is why I dislike INTPc let's not go down the same route...
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.