First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    Yes, but I didn't actually realise how I felt about them until later on. I just thought I really enjoyed their company. I ignored my feelings until they subsided, in order to preserve the friendship. Turned my attention towards other potential partners. I'm less emotionally oblivious now, though.
    mmm, emotional obliviousness is sort of endemic to (young) INTPs I think.

When I was much younger, one of my best friends (an ENTP) asked me out on a date, which I remember totally shocking me at the time (now it wouldn't, I have learned to pick up on external cues). I said "no" and literally went on talking about whatever it was we had been before that. I basically *refused* to let it be awkward. Like I deleted the event. Strange, I know. Years later we are still really great friends.
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Personally I'm male so obviously in relationship advice, this is a big factor regardless of her also being intp.

but what I like in terms of personality and also my experience what intp women like is someone who will be forward and flirtatious but at the same time chilled out, self-assured, and not at all intense or clingy or needing to be "taken care". Oh and there has to be physical attraction and sexual chemistry as well (those previous things are what add up to sexual chemistry IMO).
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Loud impressive fast paced displays might impress other types

However I can very well become interested in a friend, actually I prefer it

Just don't let us completely figure you out, then its all over

I might be a male INTP but same principle applies, we quickly get bored with literally anything we have more or less "worked out" thats why we tend to go for people who have depth to them

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I think this new thread/post could help you out

Quote Originally Posted by Mipp View Post
    I have made friends with an INFP male over the past couple of months. It's an interesting friendship for me because most of my relationships are based on mutual intellectual interests, which is not to say this INFP isn't intelligent, but this relationship has clearly developed based on him being emotionally attracted to me. This is rather new to me, at least with a fellow introvert.

It was obvious from our first meeting that he really enjoyed my company. He would stand there giving me puppy dog eyes and gradually ease closer to me, as though he just wanted to be physically near me. After we'd know each other for a bit and I had discovered how kind and gentle he was, I decided his friendship was very much worth cultivating, and told him that it was okay for him to come near me and to touch me. Immediately, relief flooded him and he began hugging me and kissing me on the top of the head. I find it interesting that his feelings toward me are so protective and innocent (I'm rather good at figuring out when men are friendly and when they just want my body). People who approach me for friendship or relationships usually do so because they're interested in my mind or we share hobbies, so I find it unusual but a little heartwarming that he clearly adores me personally.

At the same time, we often have rather odd little discussions. One of our first talks involved him telling me how he felt 'bunny-ish', which perplexed me as I've never felt anything other than Mipp-ish. I asked him if he was a member of that Otherkin subculture I'd heard about on the internet, and he responded with confusion. He's not any sort of Otherkin, he just feels 'like a bunny rabbit' sometimes. While not rational, it seems harmless enough. He also rarely bugs me with small talk. It's pleasant to be around someone and not have to listen to idle chattering about inane topics.
    Overall, I'm very satisfied with my INFP friend. I'm not sure I'd want two dozen INFPs just like him, but I think that this relationship will be good for both of us. How are the other INTP/INFP friendships/relationships going? What are the oddest things your INFP companion has said or done? (I think my friend's other unusual moment was wearing a chicken hat to a heavy metal club with me. No, I don't know why it wasn't a bunny hat.)
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Throw a brick at her car.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Throw a brick at her car.
    It's brilliant! If only she had one...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Throw a brick at her.

MBTI
    INTJ

Hey, something that somehow (I dunno) slipped my mind before is that she can be quite the misanthrope. Though she's never shown it as strongly as she did today. She was discussing how she thought people were stupid with all the things they do, violence, pollution, shallowness, etc. What do you do with that kind of person?

Show that you are not one of the typical humans

I get the exact same way, I find it refreshing if there's at least a few people that "get it"

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Hilo
    mmm, emotional obliviousness is sort of endemic to (young) INTPs I think.
    Spot on. I was thirteen/fourteen at the time. First and only time I've experienced unrequited love.

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    Hey, something that somehow (I dunno) slipped my mind before is that she can be quite the misanthrope. Though she's never shown it as strongly as she did today. She was discussing how she thought people were stupid with all the things they do, violence, pollution, shallowness, etc. What do you do with that kind of person?
    Maybe she's PMSing/tired/stressed? I have the sudden ability to read ulterior motives into peoples actions and words in these circumstances. Or simulate arguments/confrontations with them in my mind. Best bet is to suggest alternative explanations for the issues she raised that aren't centred around the stupidity of mankind. Rationalise as to why the causes of these issues are necessary/inevitable in the world.
    Um, yeah.