User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Difficult to type? Think you might of got her type wrong buddy, INTPs natural state is not one the majority warm up to

Most people are SFs, INTPs have to put on some sort of act to have them like them

By no means is it impossible for an INTP to get along with everyone, but I really can't see it "just happening" like it might with an ESFP or something. The INTP has to move out of their comfort zone
    I'm calling her INTP because I listed her main traits and the people here said it was INTP. She is VERY N and she's more I than E but it was the other 2 I was less sure of. And she doesn't get on with EVERYONE (She absolutely hates an ISTJ in one of her classes). What I mean is that in the group of people she speaks too, she doesn't seem to change herself.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Not sure if it matters whether she's INTP or not, the same stuff should apply regardless. Introversion does play a big role though because they're harder to read. INTPs can so be likeable!! lol
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Personally, I like INTJs... not sure that I'm a typical INTP though (like Unique, I'm a 9). Apparantly INTP and INTJ don't tend to get along so well. Not sure that I believe that.

What do you mean by adjusting yourself? Improvements are a good way to go, adjustments might not be you. It's important to be you.
    I love INTPs. My best friend is INTP.

Adjusting to get her to like me sorta connotates improvement doesn't it?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

You can actually read an INTP? We seem disinterested in everyone thats just our composure

As I said, INTPs put on "a face" when it comes to groups, get them alone

That is all
    Unique is spot-on (esp. bolded parts).

Several people have told me that I (an INTP female) am very hard to read. From my understanding this is not because I am intentionally trying to be secretive/mysterious/deceiving; I just don't feel inclined to reveal things about myself because that's hardly ever necessary e.g. when engaging in a conversation.

Also, I do the chameleon thing quite often. Most people only see a certain side of me, which is why opinions of me tend to vary on a large scale. But like you said, goodgrief, I always retain a strong sense of myself. My core never changes even if my behaviors change.

Generally speaking, INTP's are less relationship-oriented than most other types. Most are strictly minimalistic in terms of their social life, and aren't very likely to build "unnecessary/extraneous" relationships. Definition of "unnecessary relationships" vary with the INTP in question.

I tend to like me INTJ's coz they're intelligent and understand me on a level many other types don't. I assure you it's not just an enneagram 9 thing (I'm a 5, btw).

So moving on to tips to get an INTP to like you:
    1. MOST IMPORTANTLY: Establish yourself as an intelligent person. Being proficient in something the INTP knows little about really helps.
    2. Initiate conversations, but don't push the "small talk." I've yet to meet an INTP who likes "small talk."
    3. Be humorous, but not plain silly.
    4. Don't be overly energetic/show too much enthusiasm. It wearies the INTP.
    5. Be genuine. INTP's generally don't believe in putting up a facade.

//will add more later.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

What people of a certain personality category like varies from person to person (possibly that could be from the imprecision in defining personalities with categories). There's also non-personality issues such as she might think you're physically unattractive even if lots of other people do find you attractive.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

Difficult to type? Think you might of got her type wrong buddy, INTPs natural state is not one the majority warm up to

Most people are SFs, INTPs have to put on some sort of act to have them like them

By no means is it impossible for an INTP to get along with everyone, but I really can't see it "just happening" like it might with an ESFP or something. The INTP has to move out of their comfort zone
    Not all INTPs are socially retarded. I am also a 9, for what it's worth. I dated an INTJ for 3.5 years, and it was mostly very good. However, it took months of drunken flirting and extreme physical attraction to get the relationship to happen (I was more of the agressor). Also this particular INTJ had a surprising amount of relationship experience so he wasn't completely unable to ask a girl out (though usually under the guise of doing X cool thing, not going on a traditional date which is usually lame and awkward imo).

My advice would be to be yourself, but work on your E. Try to be more interested in her group generally, put your opinions out there, take charge, etc. Don't force it. She will notice you eventually. It will probably take a lot of patience. My first boyfriend spent 3 months on a "project" to get me to date him (of course I did not know this, he was just a friend). So I would work on her from a friendship perspective if you really don't think she's into you yet.
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Become a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by hilo View Post
    Not all INTPs are socially retarded. I am also a 9, for what it's worth. I dated an INTJ for 3.5 years, and it was mostly very good. However, it took months of drunken flirting and extreme physical attraction to get the relationship to happen (I was more of the agressor). Also this particular INTJ had a surprising amount of relationship experience so he wasn't completely unable to ask a girl out (though usually under the guise of doing X cool thing, not going on a traditional date which is usually lame and awkward imo).

My advice would be to be yourself, but work on your E. Try to be more interested in her group generally, put your opinions out there, take charge, etc. Don't force it. She will notice you eventually. It will probably take a lot of patience. My first boyfriend spent 3 months on a "project" to get me to date him (of course I did not know this, he was just a friend). So I would work on her from a friendship perspective if you really don't think she's into you yet.
    I think I'm getting misunderstood with that post, what I thought I'd made clear was that for certain types it comes more natural to be social in groups etc where as INTPs actually have to make the effort, leave their comfort zones etc.... thats why I said it wasn't impossible just not natural. I'm pretty social myself..

I really fail to see how an INTP would be impressed by anything socially gimmicky

Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    Unique is spot-on (esp. bolded parts).

Several people have told me that I (an INTP female) am very hard to read. From my understanding this is not because I am intentionally trying to be secretive/mysterious/deceiving; I just don't feel inclined to reveal things about myself because that's hardly ever necessary e.g. when engaging in a conversation.

Also, I do the chameleon thing quite often. Most people only see a certain side of me, which is why opinions of me tend to vary on a large scale. But like you said, goodgrief, I always retain a strong sense of myself. My core never changes even if my behaviors change.

Generally speaking, INTP's are less relationship-oriented than most other types. Most are strictly minimalistic in terms of their social life, and aren't very likely to build "unnecessary/extraneous" relationships. Definition of "unnecessary relationships" vary with the INTP in question.

I tend to like me INTJ's coz they're intelligent and understand me on a level many other types don't. I assure you it's not just an enneagram 9 thing (I'm a 5, btw).

So moving on to tips to get an INTP to like you:
    1. MOST IMPORTANTLY: Establish yourself as an intelligent person. Being proficient in something the INTP knows little about really helps.
    2. Initiate conversations, but don't push the "small talk." I've yet to meet an INTP who likes "small talk."
    3. Be humorous, but not plain silly.
    4. Don't be overly energetic/show too much enthusiasm. It wearies the INTP.
    5. Be genuine. INTP's generally don't believe in putting up a facade.

//will add more later.
    Good points to follow

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

1. Get her alone
    2. Have good "N" conversation with her.
    3. Repeat several times. Days or weeks might pass between each meeting, but that's probably preferable for her.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    1. Get her alone
    2. Have good "N" conversation with her.
    3. Repeat several times. Days or weeks might pass between each meeting, but that's probably preferable for her.
    I do this all the time when I have to walk across the road to one of my classes. I love it. So you think that'll help?