User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Chaolioe View Post
    Aha. I figured posting in the NT forum would get me the best answers =)
    Aha. I figured posting in the NT forum would get me the best answers =)

That hit me really hard, because I will often be driven mad to the point of tearing at my hair and wanting to scream because I will be upset over the fact that no matter how hard I try to explain things because "My mind works in pictures, not words". It's one of the single most frustrating things in the world and I end up having to Ne all my "thoughts" into abstract analogies which I use to draw the pictures for other people.

And I think the one thing that turns me away from Ti the most is the world analyze. I... don't do it. I love learning and yes, I will go out and explore things and try to learn more.. but I can't analyze for the life of me.
    In fact.. this thread sort of proves that. It's sort of me saying "Hey NTs, want to analyze something then spoon feed it to me?". And you are doing so successfully, and I appreciate it. Keep the good info coming.

Having said those things, you come across as an INTP to me. The quest for knowledge and wanting to figure things out seems like a typical Ti thing to do. You're definitely analysing a lot, It maybe self-projecting though. I obviously don't know what you are like in real life and therefore can't tell you what type you are.
    (removed)

MBTI
    xNxP
    Enneagram

does it apply to people as well?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

What is Ti to you?
    It is after la, but before do.

MBTI
    xNxP
    Enneagram

Shimmy- it may be. Close friends of mine say I strongly reflect both type descriptions. Those who have emotional problems or rough lives lean towards INFP, those who don't lean towards INTP. Maybe I am thinking. Someone on these forums suggested even possible ENTP. Whether extroverted or not, I have an intensely strong Ne...

I don't mean to seem too forward in anyway, but would chit chatting with me in some way help you at all?

MBTI
    xNxP
    Enneagram

JHBowden--You win at life kthnx.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

I think INFPs are also often motivated to understand and analyze things, but their motivation is subtly different. I notice that my motivation tends to fade the farther things get away from the human sphere. So, something in the purely logical realm interests me less after a certain point. (I say this as a programmer whose underlying work motivation is still about helping people on some level, so clearly the relationship to deeper values can be indirect.)

I think as INFPs learn, on some level they may ask "what does this mean in relation to me and my values" or "how does this deepen my understanding of myself and human nature." It isn't always conscious, but it does seem like there is a running thread of awareness evaluating information in terms of inner values and the definition of self.

That isn't to say INTPs don't study human nature and aren't interested in themselves, but to me it feels as though their process of understanding tends to be more detached from themselves. While they tend to have idiosyncratic logical systems, there's a clear understanding that the system is not the person. Hence, even though they will defend their systems, they tend to feel less personally attacked than INFPs when their output is critiqued.

MBTI
    xNxP
    Enneagram

Seymour- That was also extremely helpful. I find most of the things I truly, truly analyze are psychological theories and myself. I want to know every facet and flaw of humanity- it thrills me.
    My career path is actually veterinary care-- which I'll explain so that more of myself can be exposed and maybe it will help you guys more...
    As a kid I always ended up liking animals better than people. This was because as an outcast with a working single mother, I had few people to depend on. My confidants were limited to my older brother and my black lab. So on days when my brother would leave me alone in the front yard because I was too slow, or too silly, or too much of a girl to follow along, the only thing I had to relate to was my dog.
    And she was loyal.
    From that alone, I learned something-- animals are expressive, they are caring, they know whether you are sad or excited and they will join you in these feelings. Dogs will lick tears off your face, and they will lay by you and protect you while you sleep. Animals, I've found, were all the things I wanted people to be: loyal, compassionate, protective, loving, genuine. I've never witnessed a malevolent act or act of coercion or manipulation by an animal. Even when they do act violent, it is due to some provocation. I feel it is unfair that these most genuine of things are voiceless, and often abused. My heart goes out to them, so my interest in helping them for the entirety of my life is my desire to protect something I view as perfect. The fact that I could spend my days saving lives of companions to people and therefor pleasing the people is rather secondary but still positive.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

animals are expressive, they are caring, they know whether you are sad or excited and they will join you in these feelings. Dogs will lick tears off your face, and they will lay by you and protect you while you sleep. Animals, I've found, were all the things I wanted people to be: loyal, compassionate, protective, loving, genuine. I've never witnessed a malevolent act or act of coercion or manipulation by an animal. Even when they do act violent, it is due to some provocation. I feel it is unfair that these most genuine of things are voiceless, and often abused. My heart goes out to them, so my interest in helping them for the entirety of my life is my desire to protect something I view as perfect. The fact that I could spend my days saving lives of companions to people and therefor pleasing the people is rather secondary but still positive.
    INFP
    /thread
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

^I concur.

Also, VagrantFarce: I am SO forming a math rock band just so I can name it Experiential Coherence
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

MBTI
    xNxP
    Enneagram

Thank you both ^.^ I feel rather fulfilled now.

And I approve of that band name, though I'm sure it made no difference to you. =D