• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Help my new boss is entp...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
...and he lately became intrested in my abilities. First of all he wanted some things to be programmed in vba in excel. And he wanted to learn some programming that way. Normally I then start a lot of technical blabla and loose the people on the way so I stay my hometowns regional expert for programming issues.

But in this case that guy sticked with me and now he is sending me bits he programmed himself and they are quite good DAMN IT !

I need to uphold my lone status as an expert, if he starts to learn stuff now, ( next thing he prolly will be intrested in will be how to build 10 feet tall war robots, whats my other field of expertise ); so I either need to kill him or have him transfered to another "department" on the northpole mayhaps :steam:

F

figsfiggyfigs

well now you know how frustrating you guys can be... ( jokkeeee!!)

good luck. LOLL

Btw, he sounds pretty awesome and intelligent, maybe you have a few things to learn from him?

Amphion

MBTI Type
ENTP
...and he lately became intrested in my abilities. First of all he wanted some things to be programmed in vba in excel. And he wanted to learn some programming that way. Normally I then start a lot of technical blabla and loose the people on the way so I stay my hometowns regional expert for programming issues.

But in this case that guy sticked with me and now he is sending me bits he programmed himself and they are quite good DAMN IT !

I need to uphold my lone status as an expert, if he starts to learn stuff now, ( next thing he prolly will be intrested in will be how to build 10 feet tall war robots, whats my other field of expertise ); so I either need to kill him or have him transfered to another "department" on the northpole mayhaps :steam:

Oh, you're so lucky! Hahaha! :)

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
same here...my boss is way too smart. he frikkin has meetings where i update him on my ideas and code. the bastard actually understands them on the spot and asks LEGIT questions at the end of the VERY SAME MEETING. reminds me of myself. i used to be able to slack off for like 2 days after a meeting waiting for emails with questions...not with this guy

he actually picks up on it when i go thru my 3 days of intense work and 5 days of screwing around

go back to school so you dont have to face him

Amphion

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hahaha! :)

Hey, that's the cost of doing business with an ENTP! Hopefully he understands that as well.

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Have im go to an expedition to the Southpole and then have him killed by penguins with lasers. They'll never know it was you!
You could rent the penguins afterwards to terroristic organisations as well!

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
thread is a good example of why the logic of competition in economics stifles development.:tongue:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
thread is a good example of why the logic of competition in economics stifles development.:tongue:

I am gonna show you another thing that can stifle too, if you continue to talk swollen :D

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not really. Competition in certain contexts stifles development, but in others promotes it.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
what enneagram is your boss because that matters.

I mean does he tolerate procrastination?

I respect people who are competent and have good ideas and suggestions.
I don't really put much emphasis on efficiency and getting things done, i mean as long as you have ideas that can make money i don't mind you going on facebook and wasting time on your desk all day.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY

Make friends with your boss, it'll be fun.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
what do you think about the possibility that he already knows his shit or has someone doing his stuff for him, but he's just doing this to mess with you to motivate you to work hard so you can "stay a step ahead"?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Like I am the type of person that values competence.
If you can think of billion dollar ideas for the company while you are at home, I don't care if you come to the office for just 1 hr a day or just skip work.