• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Weak INTP

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Greetings. I'd like some helpful self-development advice on how to remove this "inferiority" and "weak" stature that I'm placed in. I always seem to activate this "victim" mode when talking to people who are fairly well-versed in empathy. On the other hand, I become a robot when talking to less empathetic people who are serious and critical of others. But most of the time, my situation is on the usual mode of myself being weak and having a very heightened voice pitch and it really annoys me.

What do you think I need for maintaining a proper balance of this "aura"? (Some people have powerful but less "friendly auras", some have purely friendly "auras", and some have a weak "aura") --, Do you understand what I mean?

In addition, pardon my self-centeredness and over-usage of "I". I cannot try to express it in a less selfish manner. Oh well.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have learned in life that all matter or energy succumbs to relativity. Meaning, if someone says "the universe is huge", one may ask: "compared to what".

Since I am not the regional expert on self-development topics, I'll just give you my five cents: if you yourself feel too weak or too robotic in your behaviour, you always have to ask: compared to whom. And that is one of the most important things on your quest of finding a personality, namely: to try to rid yourself from the influence of others.

You may take advice from others, may even seek for their help, those aint things that are forbidden. But when it comes to the point, at which you start to define yourself, to learn who you really are, you cant make a living on the feedback you receive from others, cause their perception of you will never be the one, you really are.

I of course imputed now that you live by the opinion of others to you, but as I said in terms of relativity, there is no other possibility that could enable you to think of yourself to be in someways deficient but other people.

Therefore take the wisdom of Ebenezer Scrooge here: Hell is other people.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^
What if you don't like a certain aspect of yourself? Is it wrong to improve?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
not at all, I just havent found the magic button yet to get rid of things you dont like about yourself

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
^
What if you don't like a certain aspect of yourself? Is it wrong to improve?

This is a complicated question. In essence it's never wrong to change yourself. But if you don't like certain aspects of yourself, who's to say that the alternative is an improvement. Also, like Entropie said, there's no magic button. Personality change is incredibly difficult to achieve, it takes a long time, and may not even work out. How will you feel then?

Anyway, if things become unbearable you must get rid of them in the end.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is a complicated question. In essence it's never wrong to change yourself. But if you don't like certain aspects of yourself, who's to say that the alternative is an improvement. Also, like Entropie said, there's no magic button. Personality change is incredibly difficult to achieve, it takes a long time, and may not even work out. How will you feel then?

Anyway, if things become unbearable you must get rid of them in the end.

I've actually achieved some changes in the ways I carry myself. Or perhaps they were simply a part of my "sleeping" personalities.

Is it "change" or is it simply "development"?

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
What are the underlying insecurities that make you appear weak? "Strength" comes from knowing what you have done, what you can do, where come from and where you're going. Those are the things you need to resolve IMO.

Sorry for the general point but I think from the information you provided, it's the best point I could make.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Watch "Fight Club" each day for a month. Get yourself a kettlebell, go for a run...run until you puke.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What are the underlying insecurities that make you appear weak?

1. inappropriately high pitch, strained voice,
2. tremor or shaky voice.
3. Lack of ability of self-expression.
4. weak gentle voice.
5. weak and gentle movements or behaviors.
6. hesitation.
7. sensitive.

"Strength" comes from knowing what you have done, what you can do, where come from and where you're going.

This is hard to know.

Watch "Fight Club" each day for a month. Get yourself a kettlebell, go for a run...run until you puke.

Sound advice. Maybe I'll try getting into a martial art class.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

:laugh:

4. weak gentle voice.
6. hesitation.
7. sensitive.

This would have to be a self esteem related issue. Just drum into your head that you're equal to all other people. Nobody's better, nobody's worse. Just make sure you don't end up on the other side and become an arrogant intellectual jerkbag or something. Remember, we're all just boring, (mal)functioning people, no matter how much people pretend that we're not.

[/quote]Sound advice. Maybe I'll try getting into a martial art class.[/QUOTE]

The martial arts I took up, was just a whole bunch of excercise, and pointless movements. It was interesting and good fitness, but that's about it.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
4. weak gentle voice.
6. hesitation.
7. sensitive.

This is hard to know.

Ok well what I meant was that these are symptoms and there must be underlying insecurities causign these symptoms, related to the life you have led.

But I get the feeling this isn't the kind of advice you're looking for ;) so I'll go with - yes, take up going to the gym regularly. I did that when I was 18 and it changed my life forever.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I've actually achieved some changes in the ways I carry myself. Or perhaps they were simply a part of my "sleeping" personalities.

Is it "change" or is it simply "development"?

I used to identify myself as an INTP, whether it is development or change. Since I deliberately decided I wanted to be more social, and do more fun stuff, and made an effort to change this, I became more extroverted. I'm convinced everyone can do this, it's just very hard. Also, don't think your life will automatically be a walk in the park/happy-clappy/great afterwards, it isn't for me either. I haven't figured out that part of life yet.

Barlwooh

If advice from a naive teenager counts, I've been dealing with the "shaky voice" and those in school on a daily basis just until now. I couldn't get why can't I just talk normally when there was someone unfamiliar to me around. I never questioned my abilities at talking with people, I'm sometimes relatively good at talking, I know how to do it in a way I'll make myself sound entertaining and interesting. But I just never seemed to succeed in it if there was some mystical stranger in the room, all it took was the other person being within a hearing distance.

But i started changing when I promised to my ESFJ mom (We really don't have that much in common.) to start interacting with her more if she'd stop telling me how to do things more efficiently. So what i did was basically just explain mbti to her to the extent she got it, and debate her in various issues using the mbti. You never seem to reach any kind of conclusion on matters debating an SF, so to me it was massive training on my retarded social skills. Just trying to figure out ways of explaining matters through the mbti gave me more confidence on interacting skills. My mom's SF way of explaining things seems illogical to my NT way, so it's a never-ending circle of me explaining the concept in my way, and then she does it in her way, and it goes on and on and on. What I needed was confidence on social stuff, I had the skills, but not the experience. So basically what I think you need is a frustrating and irrelevant debate with an SF. Mom's SF way of explaining to me seems weirdly "flawed" to some extent, so i dont feel "intellectually threatened" by her, you kind of keep really arrogantly thinking you're right all the time. Now I wouldn't mind a debate with an NT, but the hesitant, old me wouldve started crying, wet himself, cry again, then urinate again for no apparent reason just thinking of the idea of a heated NT debate. But the only problem is that the SF needs to be close to you, or the person just might never talk to you again, couple times my mom's come into my room after a debate almost crying, asking if im okay. She seems to take debates really seriously, and i end up telling her how she shouldn't take the stuff i say so personally, and after a while that convo turns into a debate too. I think you need experience on "feeling you're in control of the interaction", which basically kind of means winning debates.

Internet debates don't count as real life ones, I've never really debated matters in real life until now, so a simple thing like that made me feel alot more confident. First "real debate" i've had was with my mom, i feel manly. But if you're totally happy with your conversation skills, maybe its just an appearance issue? In that case going to the gym might be a better idea than making your mom cry about debating whether you should take your hat off inside or not.

Oh and i actually decided to make an account and post rather than just keep lurking? Weird.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
If advice from a naive teenager counts, I've been dealing with the "shaky voice" and those in school on a daily basis just until now. I couldn't get why can't I just talk normally when there was someone unfamiliar to me around. I never questioned my abilities at talking with people, I'm sometimes relatively good at talking, I know how to do it in a way I'll make myself sound entertaining and interesting. But I just never seemed to succeed in it if there was some mystical stranger in the room, all it took was the other person being within a hearing distance.

But i started changing when I promised to my ESFJ mom (We really don't have that much in common.) to start interacting with her more if she'd stop telling me how to do things more efficiently. So what i did was basically just explain mbti to her to the extent she got it, and debate her in various issues using the mbti. You never seem to reach any kind of conclusion on matters debating an SF, so to me it was massive training on my retarded social skills. Just trying to figure out ways of explaining matters through the mbti gave me more confidence on interacting skills. My mom's SF way of explaining things seems illogical to my NT way, so it's a never-ending circle of me explaining the concept in my way, and then she does it in her way, and it goes on and on and on. What I needed was confidence on social stuff, I had the skills, but not the experience. So basically what I think you need is a frustrating and irrelevant debate with an SF. Mom's SF way of explaining to me seems weirdly "flawed" to some extent, so i dont feel "intellectually threatened" by her, you kind of keep really arrogantly thinking you're right all the time. Now I wouldn't mind a debate with an NT, but the hesitant, old me wouldve started crying, wet himself, cry again, then urinate again for no apparent reason just thinking of the idea of a heated NT debate. But the only problem is that the SF needs to be close to you, or the person just might never talk to you again, couple times my mom's come into my room after a debate almost crying, asking if im okay. She seems to take debates really seriously, and i end up telling her how she shouldn't take the stuff i say so personally, and after a while that convo turns into a debate too. I think you need experience on "feeling you're in control of the interaction", which basically kind of means winning debates.

Internet debates don't count as real life ones, I've never really debated matters in real life until now, so a simple thing like that made me feel alot more confident. First "real debate" i've had was with my mom, i feel manly. But if you're totally happy with your conversation skills, maybe its just an appearance issue? In that case going to the gym might be a better idea than making your mom cry about debating whether you should take your hat off inside or not.

Oh and i actually decided to make an account and post rather than just keep lurking? Weird.

Hahaha I nominate this as the most INTP thing I have ever read anywhere.

Oh and welcome;)