User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENTP

Default ENTP: Ti (and a little ENTJ question)

I have realized that my full potential lies in my auxilary Ti and I am looking for ways to develop this function. What would you recommend?

Other ENTPs: how developed is your Ti function? do you think this is a crucial part of your personality? is it helpful?

Also- are you ever amazed by ENTJs? I find them fascinating, and probably my best friends, but I am also a little jealous of that amazing abilty to actually sit down and focus for long lengths of time, gahh, how do they do that?! (Don't tell them! )

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by VitaB View Post
    I have realized that my full potential lies in my auxilary Ti and I am looking for ways to develop this function. What would you recommend?

Other ENTPs: how developed is your Ti function? do you think this is a crucial part of your personality? is it helpful?

Also- are you ever amazed by ENTJs? I find them fascinating, and probably my best friends, but I am also a little jealous of that amazing abilty to actually sit down and focus for long lengths of time, gahh, how do they do that?! (Don't tell them! )
    I think you're using it now without trying!

I've never consciously tried to develop Ti, although I've wished I could turn it off on a few occasions.

My ENTP mind introverts thinking on a regular basis while trying to make sense of or bring order to the constant flow of associations brought in through Ne.

The relationship between Ne and Ti is what makes us uniquely ENTP.

It's the tertiary and inferior functions that need developing!

As for ENTJs, I do find them fascinating but dangerous.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

It is absolutely crucial to escaping the dreaded Ne+Fe loop.

Talk to INTPs about how to improve your critical thinking and such. If you have an INTP friend, ask him/her what mistakes in reasoning s/he sees you make, because if you need work on Ti then Ti doms are gonna be the first people to notice it.

INTPs are your best resource here...and you're their best resource on Ne. Use each other!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by VitaB View Post

you should meet our friend Jaguar.

But then again he is an ESTJ so I am not so sure.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    But then again he is an ESTJ so I am not so sure.
    Funny, his lady friend seems to agree with your assessment of his type.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    4/7

The thing that works for me is to file away Ne observations in very scientific notes. I will be walking through the university campus, practically a zoo for ideas, and then some kind of trend will strike me. I will play with it in my mind, trying to make something further from it. Once my view on the novel thought has matured I will reach into my pocket, pull out my mole skin and write a succinct report about it, so that I can later look at it and expand on it. This does three things for me. It allows me to compensate for my small Pe- Oops!... I mean compensate for my low mastery of internal sensation, making memories about random thoughts, literally, concrete. It allows me to keep scouting for more random observation (an endless source of fun) without the guilt that I could, potentially, forget my "Aha!" moment. Finally, this practice allows me employ that little Ti scientist in me. This last character has become more prominent since I started employing this practice, making the reasoning of my observations much more logically seasoned, once they tattoo the page. This practice can also be used to enhance Fi if the writing is used in a more poetic form, promoting sentimentalism, instead of reasoning. Either way, it promotes better writing skills and vocabulary, which are powerful tools for us Intuition users and abusers

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by niberrizbe25 View Post
    The thing that works for me is to file away Ne observations in very scientific notes. I will be walking through the university campus, practically a zoo for ideas, and then some kind of trend will strike me. I will play with it in my mind, trying to make something further from it. Once my view on the novel thought has matured I will reach into my pocket, pull out my mole skin and write a succinct report about it, so that I can later look at it and expand on it. This does three things for me. It allows me to compensate for my small Pe- Oops!... I mean compensate for my low mastery of internal sensation, making memories about random thoughts, literally, concrete. It allows me to keep scouting for more random observation (an endless source of fun) without the guilt that I could, potentially, forget my "Aha!" moment. Finally, this practice allows me employ that little Ti scientist in me. This last character has become more prominent since I started employing this practice, making the reasoning of my observations much more logically seasoned, once they tattoo the page. This practice can also be used to enhance Fi if the writing is used in a more poetic form, promoting sentimentalism, instead of reasoning. Either way, it promotes better writing skills and vocabulary, which are powerful tools for us Intuition users and abusers
    Thank you, that's a great idea!

I have this habbit on buses or trains when I'm bored where I take out a piece of paper and "people watch" in writing. Except instead of writing down what I see, gather all the information I obsereve about the people and "make up" (or really, make very educated and intuitive guesses) about their lives, personalities and where they are headed. It's a lot of fun!
    I should do that for more productive things I guess.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Since F concerns with humans and T concerns with matter, there is no way to find out how to use more Ti, while using Fe to think about yourself !

Statement made, I win !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    entp

dont idea-hop...think through an idea through

MBTI
    ENTP

Try to use the Ne and Ti functions separately. I do that often while writing. First jot down all ideas, then try to make a consistent whole out of it.
    If I try to make a consistent whole out of it before transferring it to paper, I'll get distracted and generate new, run-off ideas that have nothing to do with it.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women