User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    intp

Default I hate being INTP

sooo much to rant but I'll say one thing I hate the most. I hate searching for answers but answers I want doesn't seem to exists. :steam:

I always hated being INTP, for those "happy INTP" how the hell do you keep yourself happy and enjoy life?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

You don't, you just stop caring.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by refreshe123d View Post
    sooo much to rant but I'll say one thing I hate the most. I hate searching for answers but answers I want doesn't seem to exists. :steam:

I always hated being INTP, for those "happy INTP" how the hell do you keep yourself happy and enjoy life?
    There is nothing about being an 'INTP' that makes you prone to being a loser or unhappy. As a matter of fact, there is nothing about any particular type that entails such an outcome in life. How you can enjoy life and keep yourself happy is a difficult puzzle for everyone that does not have any easy answers.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/
    Likes Gentleman Jack liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

As long as you don't kill yourself you will notice its better than the alternatives. If you don't believe try forcing yourself to be an ESFJ for a week.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    SEXY

Can you be more specific about what you don't like about it? Explain it in general, and I'm guessing there's a particular situation that got you to write this post.

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    There is nothing about being an 'INTP' that makes you prone to being a loser or unhappy. As a matter of fact, there is nothing about any particular type that entails such an outcome in life. How you can enjoy life and keep yourself happy is a difficult puzzle for everyone that does not have any easy answers.
    Hah, an INTP who feels like he or she is on top of the world is usually an ENTP. Though they're all to stubborn to admit it.
    (removed)

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Hah, an INTP who feels like he or she is on top of the world is usually an ENTP. Though they're all to stubborn to admit it.
    How the hell do you work that out?

This is why I dislike putting INTP as my type, people assume you are a lazy geek and don't do anything worthwhile. It really is a bastardization of MBTI, it's like assuming all SJ's are soldiers and housewives.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    How the hell do you work that out?

This is why I dislike putting INTP as my type, people assume you are a lazy geek and don't do anything worthwhile. It really is a bastardization of MBTI, it's like assuming all SJ's are soldiers and housewives.
    They aren't?

Just kidding.

MBTI
    TRUE

Most of the time it's enough to be content, but happiness will do the rest of the time. For me it was learning not to apply the standards of others as to what it takes to be happy - sometimes it seemed to work for them, but just as often I discovered it didn't, being just one more attempt on their part to find some elusive pleasure from life.

An INTP should be able to find the answer, except it will likely be different for each of us. It took years to realize my own judgment was the best course to follow.

Really good books always help the journey.
    Naked to unknown forces, fortune evades mere understanding. The trial of effort.
    The dream of change. Such a place might Hell be to thought and action.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTP

What's wrong w/ being an INTP? You guys are so smart and so much potential!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Learn to Like the traits that come easily/naturally to you, the ones that put you ahead of others and as for your less than desirable traits, everyone comes with that baggage. I don't always like being an INFP either, but self-pity and whatnot won't get you anywhere different, won't make you anyone else. The only difference between you and the other happy ones is that they don't spend time pitying themselves, not difference of functions. It's what I have learned; I am prone to envy.

"I hate searching for answers but answers I want doesn't seem to exists."

Everyone is extremely dissatisfied with something. The ideals I believe in do...not...exist in more than 2.7% of the population.