User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    There is nothing about being an 'INTP' that makes you prone to being a loser or unhappy. As a matter of fact, there is nothing about any particular type that entails such an outcome in life. How you can enjoy life and keep yourself happy is a difficult puzzle for everyone that does not have any easy answers.
    From what ive read of solitary walkers profiles thinking is a negative function and thats what the intp is endowed with. perhaps not a very good function to gel with the external environment.
    Type 8 sx/sp/so
    O:C:E:A:N :: 65:69:59:57:9

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Best thing you can do seriously is just avoid the people that say we are creepy or weird

True story, I've been hanging around people on my level so long that when I met some new people a friend of mine told me that they thought I was weird, I was shocked at first but then I remembered that most people do think that about me and I'd just been sheltering myself

They aren't worth it anyway mate, those mainstream people have rocks in their head

You should ask them some time why they think you are a creep, the reasons are seriously retarded, tell them to go suck a fat one
    I do try to avoid those kind of people. It's also other things that's bothering me. Maby it's just me but I'm having really hard time adjusting to the "real world". Nothing seem to be going well for me right now. I drop out of school cause I didn't want to work at a company. No point of getting a major and spending all that money for no reason. I work part-time right now as customer service and I hate it! guess it doesn't really matter since I'm about to get fired. being late all the time, not really caring about the job.

all I know is that "being myself" isn't gonna get me anywhere in life. Even though my problem isn't related to my personality, it feels nice knowing that someone is reading this rather than being ignored.

MBTI
    INTP

Don't judge yourself for something that is out of your control.

Embrace your INTP-ness!

MBTI
    ENTP

INTPs are losers. Because, you know, success is defined by popularity, a great social life, caring and being there for lots of people who need you...

Yeah right. If you take the ESFJ definition of success, INTPs are losers by definition. The catch is: this isn't true, even if popular culture says otherwise. Success or failure is different from one person to another.
    When would you consider yourself successful? If you are happily married? If you discovered something in science? If you have got a big house, a powerful car,...?
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    When would you consider yourself successful? If you are happily married? If you discovered something in science? If you have got a big house, a powerful car,...?
    If I can make good living doing what I love. That's success in my books. I don't have to be "liked". I never said that. It just feels like I'm the only INTP in real world and that can make me feel bit depressing sometimes. Not getting along isn't that easy for me.

MBTI
    ENTP

Okay, I see.

Not getting along isn't easy for anybody. I guess everybody feels like he's the odd one out sometimes, and it is hard to find a balance between "wanting to be liked" and "wanting to do the things you like".

When I was in high school, it was evident girls had to care about clothes, appearance, boys,... I felt like nobody would like me if I didn't play a role. My parents even encouraged me to stay late at parties, which I didn't do because they weren't fun! But then I found a strategic board game club, a choir, ... in short, I found people that liked me the way I was. I'm sure you'll find them, too... as long as you accept other people the way they are. If INFJs and ESFJs can be good friends for ENTPs (I've got some examples) and vice versa, anything is possible!

Seriously. INTPs are cool. The main character in my current writing project is one, and he's a gem .
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by refreshe123d View Post
    Maby it's just me but I'm having really hard time adjusting to the "real world". Nothing seem to be going well for me right now. I drop out of school cause I didn't want to work at a company. No point of getting a major and spending all that money for no reason. I work part-time right now as customer service and I hate it! guess it doesn't really matter since I'm about to get fired. being late all the time, not really caring about the job.

all I know is that "being myself" isn't gonna get me anywhere in life. Even though my problem isn't related to my personality, it feels nice knowing that someone is reading this rather than being ignored.
    I think you should step back and take an objective look at your situation. You don't want to work at a company - fair enough - neither did I. So you're not alone there.

You hate working at the customer service job you have - fair enough - I'd hate that too. So, get a different job.

You dropped out of school because you don't want to work at a company - this is where your logic is flawed. You drop out of school because you don't like school anymore, you change your major when you don't like where the degree you are getting is taking you.

Quote Originally Posted by refreshe123d View Post
    If I can make good living doing what I love. That's success in my books. I don't have to be "liked". I never said that. It just feels like I'm the only INTP in real world and that can make me feel bit depressing sometimes. Not getting along isn't that easy for me.
    You want to do something you love - interesting - so did I. Another unfortunate aspect of the real world is I've had to work my ass off towards accomplishing those goals. You can't wait for someone to hand you the keys to your life goals and there are no cheat codes in this.

So do you know what you love to do? If not take some time and do some serious soul searching. You hate dealing with people, understandable - here are some jobs you could consider that won't require you to deal with people too often once you finally get through all of the training required. Obviously it's not an exhaustive list and I don't really know enough about you to offer any serious suggestions, but there are options out there for people that don't want to interact socially.

- pilot (there are some cargo jobs etc where you can spend all day alone in the plane and never have to talk to another person accept ATC but the pay is not outstanding)
    - underwater welder (you'll really spend a lot of time in solitary confinement in this job)
    - mortician / medical examiner (yeah it's creepy, but there won't be much conversation depending on where you work)
    - night security guard
    - semi-truck driver
    - national park ranger
    - geologist
    - PhD in environmental sciences (with a nature / animal life focus etc - those dudes go out in the woods for days by themselves)
    - secluded writer
    - patent lawyers (got a friend doing this - it's mostly hunting through science data, expert testimony, and a little bit of social interaction) *he did need a science master's first though to make really good money.

of course you will always have to have some contact with people, but I can definitely say that pilot, underwater welder, park ranger will give you the absolute least amount of required social interaction...

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    INTPs are losers. Because, you know, success is defined by popularity, a great social life, caring and being there for lots of people who need you...
    Yeah right. If you take the ESFJ definition of success, INTPs are losers by definition. The catch is: this isn't true, even if popular culture says otherwise. Success or failure is different from one person to another.
    I doubt many people define success as the latter. Although, obviously, the popularity thing can be dead on.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

MBTI
    SEXY

Isn't a feeling of Weltschmerz part of the INTP identity btw?
    (removed)

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by spin-1/2-nuclei View Post
    You dropped out of school because you don't want to work at a company - this is where your logic is flawed. You drop out of school because you don't like school anymore, you change your major when you don't like where the degree you are getting is taking you.
    I wasn't motivated to do anything. I missed too many dealines which ruined my GPA. I'm taking some time off to just think where I want to go with my life.