User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse, as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till. - RW Emerson, Self Reliance
    When I find that the answers I seek don't exist, I typically say to myself "I'm not learning fast or hard enough". If I have exhausted my research, then I start my experiments.
    "People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds; it is something one creates." - Thomas Szasz

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I'll try to answer your question, but it would be helpful if you answer for for me first: How can you hate being INTP? What is it that is wrong with the INTPness?
    I f'ing hate life right now. I hate the idea I'm going to be alone forever. I mean I can't have friends PERIOD. I want to get a girl but it's impossible for me to get one cause I can't stand most girls. (No freaking human being wants to interact with me)

I guess deep inside I'm ok with being INTP, I just freaking hate how the world doesn't understand me or hates me. INTP and society doesn't work well together. I just hate everything right now. If I can't understand "feelings" I get freaking angry. I been having a lot of short angry outburst.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by refreshe123d View Post
    I guess deep inside I'm ok with being INTP, I just freaking hate how the world doesn't understand me or hates me.
    You could always embrace your inner villain. Surprisingly, many are attracted to those who proudly go against the grain.

Hell knows, if it weren't for those people, most INTJs would die alone...

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by refreshe123d View Post
    I f'ing hate life right now. I hate the idea I'm going to be alone forever. I mean I can't have friends PERIOD. I want to get a girl but it's impossible for me to get one cause I can't stand most girls. (No freaking human being wants to interact with me)

I guess deep inside I'm ok with being INTP, I just freaking hate how the world doesn't understand me or hates me. INTP and society doesn't work well together. I just hate everything right now. If I can't understand "feelings" I get freaking angry. I been having a lot of short angry outburst.
    What is is about loneliness that scares you?

Why do you want to have friends? What would you do with them?

Why do you want a girlfriend? What would you do with her?

Why do you want to surround yourself with people?

What is it you want the world to understand?

Why do you think the world hates you?

Where does this anger and hate come from?

How would the world be like if you had all those things you want?

Why would you feel happier, more content?

Why wouldn't you be able to get all those things on your own?

What do you need to do to get all those things you want?

Do you expect other people to show you the way or are you willing to do something about it, other than complaining?

My point is that unless you pick apart the things that cause you trouble, unless you try to find solutions, things will never get better.

I guess the main questions are: Do you want things to change? How bad do you want it?

Good luck with everything.

Sky is blue, telling him to change or "do something about it" is ridiculous. What refreshed said is exactly what its like being INTP. Its like banging your head against a fu*king door until you meet another INTP

You can't change your preferences and its true that our preferences don't mesh well with mainstream society, but I'm okay with that most of the time because I know how deluded most humans are and its kinda cool to see the box from the outside

Refreshed mate try and get a few intuitive friends, if you wanna blow off some steam I highly recommend rave parties, its impossible to piss people off at them =P if that's not your thing get into ANY alternative scene, I've found most of the alternative crowds will have more intuitive thinkers and its SO good to have a decent conversation, it pretty much centers me

Like all humans INTPs need SOME social interaction, so I completely understand your frustration because lets face it, most people are complete douche heads to INTPs, make us out to be weird and shit, you know what society FUCK YOU! you're the weird ones, look how fucked up the world is, maybe you should listen to the minoritys cause the majority is getting it wrong

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Sky is blue, telling him to change or "do something about it" is ridiculous. What refreshed said is exactly what its like being INTP. Its like banging your head against a fu*king door until you meet another INTP

You can't change your preferences and its true that our preferences don't mesh well with mainstream society, but I'm okay with that most of the time because I know how deluded most humans are and its kinda cool to see the box from the outside

Refreshed mate try and get a few intuitive friends, if you wanna blow off some steam I highly recommend rave parties, its impossible to piss people off at them =P if that's not your thing get into ANY alternative scene, I've found most of the alternative crowds will have more intuitive thinkers and its SO good to have a decent conversation, it pretty much centers me

Like all humans INTPs need SOME social interaction, so I completely understand your frustration because lets face it, most people are complete douche heads to INTPs, make us out to be weird and shit, you know what society FUCK YOU! you're the weird ones, look how fucked up the world is, maybe you should listen to the minoritys cause the majority is getting it wrong
    How is that more ridiculous than just wallowing in self pity, doing nothing and just waiting for things to change?

You can't change your preferences but you can change your attitude.

All I hear from refreshe123d and you is that oh, we're so bad off, it's the circumstances man, the circumstances are against us, it's the other people who are at fault, boo hoo hooooo, people are baaaad.

Maybe if you stopped doing that for a second and take responsibility of your own actions you'd see some difference. Positive difference.

Life is hard, deal with it.

Good old NFs, reading NTs emotions wrong since the dawn of time....

I didn't get the impression refreshed was "wallowing in self pity" at all, he said he was angry at how things are in his life and the world

I'm focused on the fundamental truth here and what he is saying IS correct. Obviously we have to live with it but its not like we can just go lalallala *poof* change and everything is fine, our actual soul person is rejected from society, that takes a bit of getting used to

We are bad off, the circumstances ARE against us, but all we can do is live with it, you make out as if there's something we can do about it, I've been alive 20 years, have a extremely analytical mind, have worked out some very deep problems but I am yet to work out a way an INTP can "click" with society, we just don't

THATs why I gave him actual advice rather than making him out to be a baby that just needs to "deal with it"
    Likes Norexan liked this post

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Good old NFs, reading NTs emotions wrong since the dawn of time....

I didn't get the impression refreshed was "wallowing in self pity" at all, he said he was angry at how things are in his life and the world

I'm focused on the fundamental truth here and what he is saying IS correct. Obviously we have to live with it but its not like we can just go lalallala *poof* change and everything is fine, our actual soul person is rejected from society, that takes a bit of getting used to

We are bad off, the circumstances ARE against us, but all we can do is live with it, you make out as if there's something we can do about it, I've been alive 20 years, have a extremely analytical mind, have worked out some very deep problems but I am yet to work out a way an INTP can "click" with society, we just don't
    See, that's the kind of attitude that grates my nerves. To me it sounds defeatist. Why isn't there anything you can do about it? I don't accept that. There's always something you can do to find satisfaction in life instead of anger and hate. Who says the society must click anyway? What is that "click"? What does it involve? Why isn't is attainable? What do you think it takes to get there? Who is to blame? Should anybody be blamed at all? If you place the blame solely on others, then that is something that's never going to change and you'll always remain in the square one. Maybe it's you? You in particular. Don't take the easy way out and fall on the "INTP are too unique to click and there's nothing we can do about it".

THATs why I gave him actual advice rather than making him out to be a baby that just needs to "deal with it"
    Giving advice is showing a way to deal with things. He's not a baby and it's up to him what he does with the advice. I merely expressed my opinion that if he's unhappy with his situation he should start digging for solutions, asking himself some questions and maybe find some answers that are helpful to him.

If you are angry at how things are going in your life and in the world, you deal with the anger, you try to change things so that you wouldn't feel angry anymore. It's not about putting on a happy face and pretending that everything is fine. It's about doing something about the situation, taking action instead of thinking about how bad things are in life.

Well, I expressed my opinion on the matter. I'm not here to attack anybody or stir up trouble. It's up to refreshe123d how he's going to deal with the things in his life.

MBTI
    SEXY

Ooh, so bitter. I have to side with Sky is BLUE! here, if you hate your life and want it changed you should do something about it. If you secretly like the feeling of weltschmerz then you don't have really hate it and you can deal with it.
    (removed)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    See, that's the kind of attitude that grates my nerves. To me it sounds defeatist. Why isn't there anything you can do about it? I don't accept that. There's always something you can do to find satisfaction in life instead of anger and hate. Who says the society must click anyway? What is that "click"? What does it involve? Why isn't is attainable? What do you think it takes to get there? Who is to blame? Should anybody be blamed at all? If you place the blame solely on others, then that is something that's never going to change and you'll always remain in the square one. Maybe it's you? You in particular. Don't take the easy way out and fall on the "INTP are too unique to click and there's nothing we can do about it".

Giving advice is showing a way to deal with things. He's not a baby and it's up to him what he does with the advice. I merely expressed my opinion that if he's unhappy with his situation he should start digging for solutions, asking himself some questions and maybe find some answers that are helpful to him.

If you are angry at how things are going in your life and in the world, you deal with the anger, you try to change things so that you wouldn't feel angry anymore. It's not about putting on a happy face and pretending that everything is fine. It's about doing something about the situation, taking action instead of thinking about how bad things are in life.

Well, I expressed my opinion on the matter. I'm not here to attack anybody or stir up trouble. It's up to refreshe123d how he's going to deal with the things in his life.
    Who said I'm angry or unhappy

Call it defeated if you like, but I'm defeated and perfectly happy

I'm so sorry that bugs you, I'll just change my attitude now, just for you

As for refreshed, he is venting, that's my point... doesn't mean we aren't content when things are going the INTP way, they just often don't in this world... hence why I suggested finding more intuitive friends etc