User Tag List

First 34567 Last

I'd say having some sort of balance is nice. Also, a change in perspective from time to time.

Or nihilism.

Who knows.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I will say that the nice thing about being an INTP is that what's socially expected of you is so little, that any indication of effort is met with extreme enthusiasm.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I will say that the nice thing about being an INTP is that what's socially expected of you is so little, that any indication of effort is met with extreme enthusiasm.
    Yes! The other day I wore a skirt for a job interview. I got lots of "Oh. My. God. You're a girl!!!!!!!!!" from people who knew me.

I found it highly amusing.
    Nothing can become anything if you tilt your head and squint.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by refreshe123d View Post
    sooo much to rant but I'll say one thing I hate the most. I hate searching for answers but answers I want doesn't seem to exists. :steam:

I always hated being INTP, for those "happy INTP" how the hell do you keep yourself happy and enjoy life?
    unrelated but awesome Wayne Reynolds avatar

there's nothing wrong with being INTP. Use that frustrating curiosity for the greater good (whatever that means to you).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I'm an intp and..i get it :/ one thing you forget about all the crap you haven't been doing and how you've wasted the majority of your life. wake up tomorrow with a blank slate and be everything you want to be (hopefully you know who that is)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I certainly enjoy being my 'type'. It's so relaxing, I feel as if I understand exactly what I'm going to get from life, where I'm going to go, how I'm going to get there. So the only thing left to do is enjoy it and get busy. Only problem I have is that it's so difficult for me to get busy. Liquid laser once pointed out in his blog, that you need four things in life everyday to be happy:

Spirituality
    Sociality
    Intellectuality
    Physicality

ity ity ity. Satisfy this and you'll be happy, regardless of your type.
    5 3 9

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Yeah, pretty much just time-killing during a deliberately quiet period in my life. But I reckon in a thread that starts out with:

Explaining that I have Ti loops, and that they usually make me unhappy doesn't sound so irrelevant to me. It does sound like refreshe123d is stuck in his head sometimes, just like me.

And no offence taken.
    Actually I didn't get that impression from refresh at all, he seems like he is trying to be something he isn't

While YOU might not enjoy a long session of Ti thats INTPs DOMINANT function, it sounds more like he is trying to do something else, worrying about things that ESxx types might give a shit about

Best thing an INTP can do is get a lot of thinking time and alone time in. I'm not even going to bother suggesting to open up to people more etc because there's already so much expectation and non stop extraverted type behavior going on that its impossible to avoid that stuff.

The unavoidable interaction is MORE than enough for an INTP

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Actually I didn't get that impression from refresh at all, he seems like he is trying to be something he isn't

While YOU might not enjoy a long session of Ti thats INTPs DOMINANT function, it sounds more like he is trying to do something else, worrying about things that ESxx types might give a shit about

Best thing an INTP can do is get a lot of thinking time and alone time in. I'm not even going to bother suggesting to open up to people more etc because there's already so much expectation and non stop extraverted type behavior going on that its impossible to avoid that stuff.

Unavoidable interaction only? I don't think that's enough.. but okay, I agree.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post

Before making assumptions, let's wait what refreshed has to say.

Besides. I never even talked about sociability and interaction with other people! You just started about that out of the blue.

To rephrase, INTPs have a tendency to think a lot, this can be good to find solutions to problems, but it can also reinforce this INTPs frame of mind: "INTP kicks out at the world, the world kicks back, a lot harder!"
    (removed)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Haha this one had me laughing out loud. Very true .