User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    4/7

There is nothing anchoring you to the person you are right now but yourself. If you are unhappy with yourself you have to look deep inside yourself and realize what kind of person you would like to project. If do a disservice to this internal being, you are going to pay dearly with depression. Just because you are a type of person that uses certain tools to make sense of the world (in this case internal thinking and external intuition) does not mean that you can’t set them down and choose to experiment with others.
    People will tell you that you are prescribed to be a certain personality since the moment of your birth. They will tell you that this becomes most apparent and level out at the moment of adolescence. You cannot change this. If you are the kind of person that likes this sort of limitation then maybe you should visit the Astrology forums so that you can be happy at your concrete tendencies and traits; however, if you are reaching for true self discovery you should know that every type of personality is already potentially inside of you. You can unleash anybody that you admire as long as you have the imagination and resolution.
    At first it will be uncomfortable and energy consuming but eventually you will be able to harness the power of your new cognitive functions. Great men in history have been noted great because they went against everything that established their identity. There are no limits to the person that you can be. You can even cast away the conception that you can only be one personality type, blending the attributes that you learned from being an INTP and translating them to becoming a more complete… ENFP? ENTJ? ISTJ?
    Really, man. Don’t let anybody put you in a box. Not your parents, not Jung, not even yourself.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    There is nothing about being an 'INTP' that makes you prone to being a loser or unhappy. As a matter of fact, there is nothing about any particular type that entails such an outcome in life. How you can enjoy life and keep yourself happy is a difficult puzzle for everyone that does not have any easy answers.
    this
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I think INTP is the best type in the whole world. INTP's are so smart, yet very versatile. They are the people everyone looks up to, but no one dares to say out of sheer shame.

Everyone wants to be INTP!

I wish I was an INTP. ;_;
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    How the hell do you work that out?

This is why I dislike putting INTP as my type, people assume you are a lazy geek and don't do anything worthwhile. It really is a bastardization of MBTI, it's like assuming all SJ's are soldiers and housewives.
    I was stereotyping. Sarcasm doesn't translate well through a forum. I do believe that in a sense INTP's are more likely to get up in their heads about things that are going bad. Their brain kicks in and they start to over analyse, if they see no solution it can become a self fulfilling prophecy. Adding to that, INTPs are notoriously bad at explaining or accepting how they feel, so it's kind of hard for others to help them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by refreshe123d View Post
    I think that's the problem, I just don't care about stuff.

well like I said, it's TONS of things(I can't list it all). I just happend to blow up in the heat of the moment. I'm calm now(I think I have mood swings). I just happend to miss my deadline for crap load of stuff, now I'm gonna fail. I don't have any motivation to do anything.

I'm skilled with crap load of stuff but not great at ONE thing...... it's because in my sillly mind I know I can achieve it so I don't even bother trying

I'm sick of not being able to have normal human interaction (too much stuff to explain with this part so just ignore this statement)

How did those successful INTP get they're where they are now?

parents on my ass, life is meaningless right now(and stressful).
    You do realize that all these problems actually have a solution! Though I'm telling you beforehand, there is no masterplan to work them all out at once. Start taking baby steps towards a life you want to.
    (removed)

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    I was stereotyping. Sarcasm doesn't translate well through a forum. I do believe that in a sense INTP's are more likely to get up in their heads about things that are going bad. Their brain kicks in and they start to over analyse, if they see no solution it can become a self fulfilling prophecy. Adding to that, INTPs are notoriously bad at explaining or accepting how they feel, so it's kind of hard for others to help them as well.
    Ah but INTP's most of the time don't really feel strong emotions (or at least most of the time I don't), so that's kind of an advantage too. I think INTJ's have it worse, with tertiary Fi, but expressing themselves through Te.

But Re: the stereotypical INTP, at the end of the day INTP's can and must learn to use Fe to our benefit; if we keep it on the leash of our Ti it can be a very useful social tool and help us get places.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Ah but INTP's most of the time don't really feel strong emotions (or at least most of the time I don't), so that's kind of an advantage too. I think INTJ's have it worse, with tertiary Fi, but expressing themselves through Te.

But Re: the stereotypical INTP, at the end of the day INTP's can and must learn to use Fe to our benefit; if we keep it on the leash of our Ti it can be a very useful social tool and help us get places.
    True, centered INTPs are hard to really get down. But there's still a difference not feeling that much at all and feeling on top of the world.
    In general, INTPs are more both down to earth and up in their heads then their extroverted brothers.

Regardless of both our arguments, I hope you didn't misinterpret my post as a value judgement. It isn't.
    (removed)

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

It's ok dude I know what you meant now.

I just assumed (subconsciously) that SW meant "happy" in a different sense to how you did: less a feeling of elation and more to do with long-term acheivement and sense of direction. I also interpreted your "top of the world" remark more in this way.

But hey I'm probably just ascribing my own understanding onto people's words (which is inevitable with subjective concepts like these) so never mind.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Don't hate being INTP!!!! My husband is INTP and he is the best person to ever enter my life. No INTPs = no incredible husband, and that would make me a .

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

The thing that has made both my INTP and I happiest so far, is becoming functional enough irl that we can, in most ways, be in a position to be left alone by non-essential people.

It involved him getting a job that covers our modest living expenses and gives him lots of time alone, getting the kids on a pretty good and self-sufficient routine, and buying our own house (sans home owners association).

If we want to spend our free time online and eat microwave burritos five times a week, guess what? Nobody can make life bad for us because they don't like it.

It's not unadulterated bliss, but it's a heck of a lot better than having people all up in your business all the time.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

I really don't do a whole lot except work, play video games and party and I'm pretty content with that

So for me my happiness comes from minimizing what I do in the external world, my internal world is complex enough so I don't need much else