User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'll trade you. i've decided i hate being an enfp too.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Hah, an INTP who feels like he or she is on top of the world is usually an ENTP. Though they're all to stubborn to admit it.
    I bet you are very clever, aren't you?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Star working on a over complicated plan on how to escape from your head...or open yourself to find a SF who will hug, sweeze and baby you till you cant take it no more.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by refreshe123d View Post
    sooo much to rant but I'll say one thing I hate the most. I hate searching for answers but answers I want doesn't seem to exists. :steam:

I always hated being INTP, for those "happy INTP" how the hell do you keep yourself happy and enjoy life?
    Learning how to knock oneself out of the observation mindset and take action when necessary and when it will affect one's life positively was key for me. Knowing when I got to the point of overanalyzing was as well.

On a related note, taking life by the balls has nothing to do with type and has quite a positive effect on one's psyche.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    Learning how to knock oneself out of the observation mindset and take action when necessary and when it will affect one's life positively was key for me. Knowing when I got to the point of overanalyzing was as well.

On a related note, taking life by the balls has nothing to do with type and has quite a positive effect on one's psyche.
    Nicely put! All very important for the INTP personality.

I especially like the "feel free to analyze things, but do not overanalyze". It's so easy to do, but so very fruitless and time consuming.

Related to "taking life by the balls", I have learned/am still learning to "just own it". Just do you, live life to the fullest, make no apologies (unless you've really caused some hurt - which will happen on occasion), and OWN IT!

In my own head, I think in innovative and bold ways, but in the presence of others it's always been so easy for me to exude this soft-spoken, apologetic, "poor me", I'm going to cater to the needs of the group, type of persona.

That doesn't mean to not show compassion. It just means get out there and do what you do best to the fullest regardless of what others may think or say.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Don't fall into the trap of "I AM this personality type, this is what I do." It's just a self-perpetuating cycle and you may end up excusing yourself with that safety net. I hate how ridiculously P I am, for example. However, if I can get excited enough about plans I'd like to carry out (with Ne), then I am more inclined to plan carefully. Make it work for you. You are working within general preferences, not boxes that dictate your behavior.

I know what you mean. Sometimes I hate being an ENTJ because its not easy when being a free thinker makes you realize something's not perfect but no one else also wants to do anything about it.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    You don't, you just stop caring.
    I think that's the problem, I just don't care about stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Can you be more specific about what you don't like about it? Explain it in general, and I'm guessing there's a particular situation that got you to write this post.
    well like I said, it's TONS of things(I can't list it all). I just happend to blow up in the heat of the moment. I'm calm now(I think I have mood swings). I just happend to miss my deadline for crap load of stuff, now I'm gonna fail. I don't have any motivation to do anything.

I'm skilled with crap load of stuff but not great at ONE thing...... it's because in my sillly mind I know I can achieve it so I don't even bother trying

I'm sick of not being able to have normal human interaction (too much stuff to explain with this part so just ignore this statement)

How did those successful INTP get they're where they are now?

parents on my ass, life is meaningless right now(and stressful).

If you're not using Ne much, start. It's our interface to the external world.

Well I hate my type too. Deep down I'm a damn INTJ. If I make too many plans I get depressed when most of them fail, so I end up going through highs and lows and having a hard time reconciling the things I try so hard at and end up failing at. I love how INTJ is called The Mastermind. Maybe they only get seen that way to the people who don't really know them that well because the natural focus of their intent is on viewing and understanding everything around them. I'm embarrassed to put INTJ because I don't live up to the super-smart image (and I'm not bad at using Fe when I want to), and I'm not really a bookworm unless it's something technical that I'm interested in.

So you're not the only one...I think if I could have a superpower it would be the ability to be seen as an ESTJ to the world, but think and process things like an INXX type. Wow, I have a lot say tonight, don't I?

Goodnight.