User Tag List

First 891011 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by refreshe123d View Post
    I wasn't motivated to do anything. I missed too many dealines which ruined my GPA. I'm taking some time off to just think where I want to go with my life.
    That sucks about your GPA, maybe you can go talk to someone in the undergraduate advising office and they might be willing to permit you to do a retroactive withdraw from those courses to give you a clean slate. You said you were having motivation issues and I'm not a psychologist but that might be something that you can get a doctor's note for.

When I was in undergrad plenty of rich kids bombed out of an entire semester from binge drinking and rushing. They got their parents to take them to a shrink who wrote a note saying that they had drinking problems and weren't mature enough for college or whatever. Obviously a load of shit, but they came back a couple of semesters later and started over with a clean slate for their GPA. Not really fair imho, but hey if it works...

Either way I think you should definitely steer clear of anything important until you find some motivation and figure out what you want to do. You can start making mistakes that you can't take back at this stage, but I am confident that once you get to a point where you know what you want to do and how to get there you'll see things differently. Good luck.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Seriously. INTPs are cool. The main character in my current writing project is one, and he's a gem .
    Sure. The fictional ones are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    I don't know any real ones. Probably there are some INTPs among my friends, but I don't know their types.
    I'm sure there are awesome INTPs in reality too
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    So are the real ones. I know 2.

Damn those brainwashing SJs making INTPs think stuff they care about is important =P

Seriously though, I'm not rich or have a lot in the way of material goods or any of that stuff valued by the majority and I'm perfectly happy

As long as I have enough money to live and my own thoughts I'm happy as a clam

Live life your way

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    I'm sure there are awesome INTPs in reality too
    actually there isnt intps in reality at all. we are all computer viruses that have formed an artificial intelligence and we only live in internet world. if you see someone who is an intp in real world, you either mistyped him or hes an android

MBTI
    INTJ

lol.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    So are the real ones. I know 2.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by spin-1/2-nuclei View Post
    I honestly don't think this has anything to do with being an INTP. I've read your other posts in this thread and in my opinion you just need a different lens through which to look at life.

Being "understood" by other people is not something that will ever come instantly, and since we are all so different being understood by everyone is impossible. You also can't expect to have meaningful friendships if you don't have respect for the personalities of others.
    You say that people think that you are "weird" but it seems that you dislike most people as well... which is a pretty huge hurdle to overcome.

You are basically saying that you don't find any value in other people but you want them to find value in you. This isn't really possible since most human interactions are only successful when there is a two- way street. Lopsided relationships typically fail or end with the people having unhealthy parasitic associations with one another.

I'm no psychologist but in my opinion you have to first be comfortable with yourself. What I mean is you have to embrace who you are. So if you truly can't find any value in anybody else then you have to accept that you will be alone as a consequence. If the effect of finding no value in others is too much weight for you to carry then you have to reevaluate the way you view other people, which means you will have to change yourself. On the other hand, there is no need for you to change anything if you find that you really don't find anyone in this entire world interesting enough to remember their name or respect who they are as a person and get to know them.

Either way you will have to come to terms with the fact that you can only control yourself and the way other people react to who you decide to be is out of your control. If you find that you are the person you want to be (the guy who doesn't find any other person worthy of
    interest) then you cannot complain that they return the favor to you.
    On the other hand if you want to be another guy (the guy who tries to find interest in some person and develop a relationship which would require remembering their name) then you might find that there are more people out there that are suitable to you than you think.
    This is good advice. I'd agree with most of it except that I do think type is relevant here. Young INTPs, in particular, are effectively socially handicapped. Their way of perceiving the world is so alien to most people and they encounter similar minds so infrequently that being labelled "odd" and becoming isolated are pretty much inevitable.
    And, yes, there are things one can do to make oneself more socially acceptable, but the resulting interactions are generally so unsatisfying, that the sense of isolation simply intensifies.

There are two main paths to satisfaction in life: work and relationships. Since relationship is frequently the more difficult challenge, INTPs may devote themselves to work or studies where they frequently excel. However, too much isolation, coupled with the nihilist outlook of the Rational, can lead to an apathy which makes any kind of sustained effort impossible. We seem to be rather low energy individuals with restricted needs in terms of physical environment or external indicators of success, and it can be difficult to find sufficient motivation to set and pursue goals to completion.
    Our reward system is internally focused and to conceptualise a favourable result can be enough for us. Unfortunately, physically anchored as we are to a concrete world of things and people, it turns out not to be enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP

If ignorance is bliss, then the INTP's life is the opposite of bliss. Being an INTP is like watching the alcoholic friend kill themselves with alcohol, except your friends are doing it with lack of thought instead. This is especially true during election season.

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNTJ

You might hate yourself as an individual all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that INTPs are epic brainstormers and theoretical geniuses.